19-yr-old Craigslist Killer says 22 more victims

zarada

not afraid to leap
Registered
Reaction score
"... She said he was not supposed to be stabbed, just strangled by her husband, Elytte Barbour, but "things got out of control."

She is accused of stabbing LaFerrara, 42, 20 times as her husband strapped a cord around LaFerrara's neck from the back seat.

Miranda Barbour told the newspaper they also participated in several slayings in Alaska and others in Texas, North Carolina and California. She said she "stopped counting" at 22 victims.

"I can pinpoint on a map where you can find them," she said...."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...barbour-craigslist-murders-interview/5526113/

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I saw this earlier. I'm very curious to see if she's for real or just nuts. It would be quite a singularity in the annals of crime, which doesn't make it impossible by any means. I hardly know what to hope for. If it solves existing crimes, then that's a pale good, but then, of course, it means they've left a trail of murder and bewilderment.

Very strange story at this point.

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
Well, in the spirit of Valentine's Day, remember that this is a couple. Which means that no matter how strange you are or how unlikely it seems you will ever find true love, there's always somebody out there just right for you.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Well, in the spirit of Valentine's Day, remember that this is a couple. Which means that no matter how strange you are or how unlikely it seems you will ever find true love, there's always somebody out there just right for you.

Rugcat, that's the message of county fairs, not murder sprees, for heaven's sake.

zarada

not afraid to leap
Registered
Reaction score
the girl is a true psychopath, she apparently started killing people at 13, if I understand correctly. would make a good study for a gruesome convoluted story.

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm expecting this now to be on the next season of "Deadly Women"...

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I don't know. I have to resist putting money on her story being largely fabricated. It's so early yet, but it seems off.

Not that I'm a solid expert or anything...

zarada

not afraid to leap
Registered
Reaction score
yeah, being raised by a satanist cult in Alaska (of all places) does sound a tad made up, unfitting somehow -- up in that crisp, white open space... then again, anything is possible.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
*sigh* Everyone always blames the satanists.
Aren't they usually too busy making black metal records?

I wonder if she's trying to build some kind of insanity defense? When no other bodies are found, she will look delusional. If they are found, she could claim that she was indoctrinated by a cult and thus didn't know any better.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
This part is particularly interesting to me:

She told the Daily Item she agreed to have sex for $100 with LaFerrara, and they met in a mall parking lot before driving several miles to Sunbury.
She said she planned to let LaFerrara out of her Honda CRV but "he said the wrong things."

Barbour said she told LaFerrara that she had just turned 16.
"He told me that it was OK. If he would have said no, that he wasn't going to go through with the arrangement, I would have let him go."

It makes me wonder if they were targeting people looking for underage prostitutes on craigslist.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Given the history of Satanic killing cults, among other things, her tale seems unlikely.

The killing johns who said/did X is very Wornos. Her story about stashing bodies all over the place sounds off, given the one they were caught for was simply dumped in an alley.

She also says she'd learn about people and befriend them and kill them because they were bad. There are several issues with that idea (including the contradiction with the johns thing), especially given her timeframe and that there's apparently (though anything is possible), either been no connection made or no/few bodies found.

Smells like a load of crap to me, perhaps aping Bundy in a bid for time.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My guess is they're just a couple of very disturbed young people, no satanic cult and no twenty-two other victims. And that her husband was really the leader but she's gotten carried away with the attention and begun making up wild tales "starring" herself.

I don't have any more info., it's just what seems most likely to me.

Last edited:

snafu1056

Registered
Reaction score
"... She said he was not supposed to be stabbed, just strangled by her husband, Elytte Barbour, but "things got out of control."

This right here tells me these two nitwits couldnt have successfully committed so many murders and not gotten caught. The victim was a big guy, like over 6 feet tall and pushing 300lbs. This womans husband looks to be half that size. if their plan was to just have the husband handle it alone (in the most labor intensive way possible) then thats the dumbest plan ever.

But I guess only time will tell. If she starts leading the FBI to actual bodies, well there might be something to it.

Last edited:

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
I suspect she's just making stuff up now so that she keeps getting attention. She's obviously not right in the head.

The FBI and other agencies have, unfortunately, seen people like this before. It won't take long to figure out whether she's lying or if she's got any bodies to add to her count.

My guess is that she will have an awful memory and just can't remember anything, blah blah blah. Then she'll demand to be just as famous as (whoever's on top today in the murder world) and get her book deal.

:p

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
My guess is they're just a couple of very disturbed young people, no satanic cult and no twenty-two other victims. And that her husband was really the leader but she's gotten carried away with the attention and begun making up wild tales "starring" herself.

I don't have any more info., it's just what seems most likely to me.

Me too. Obviously I don't know, but the Satanic cult sounds completely made up to me.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So this girl, at only nineteen years old, already has a long history of serious problems. And instead of wondering what went wrong or where he went wrong as a parent, her father is calling her names and saying he hopes she gets the death penalty? Maybe I'm missing something since, fortunately, I don't have any problem kids. But something there sounds very off to me.

Last edited:

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
So this girl, at only nineteen years old, already has a long history of serious problems. And instead of a wondering what went wrong or where he went wrong as a parent, her father is calling her names and saying he hopes she gets the death penalty? Maybe I'm missing something since, fortunately, I don't have any problem kids. But something there sounds very off to me.

Maybe he's spent a lot of time with people asking him where he went wrong as a parent. ;)

I have no idea about the story here, or what her deal is (though I'm betting mass murderer ain't it - tv watcher and Internet surfer, surely), but if he's spent years with her being outwardly bonkers/pulling crap, people get tired and fed up and try everything to no avail in some cases and :Shrug: