The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just my usual "'s'up" but without further comment.

Sorry.

Vespertilion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lily, if I ever have news, I doubt I'm going to play it all cool like that. Plus, I'll be posting with my head in a bucket, and my hair tied back.

Vespertilion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pointing and laughing?

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Well, here's some good news. I just finished the rough rough draft of my WIP. Yay! Now, I just have to do my usual expand until I kill myself thing.

Amarie- Yay!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I may not have written, but I replanted my tree, put in a couple dozen snowdrops, weeded, raked leaves, replanted some bulbs squirrels had sampled and rejected, moved the cool rocks we got on vacation to display them, and otherwise kept busy in the yard on this warm-for-December day. Tomorrow's high should be 30 degrees lower, so clearly this was the day to do it.

Now I'm having a fashionably late lunch. Or I would be if I weren't dressed for yard work, which is the antithesis of fashionable.

Maryn, salad queen

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
ras, rad!!

dragon, i tend to buy soundtracks AFTER
i've seen the show. so i don't really mind not
knowing during.

i loved Phantom as well as Cabaret.
not so much The Miserables. ha!
excited!

clovia, my ass is perked to /bootay shake!
for you when the time comes. =D

puglets, i just had a killer barre pilates
session in which my ass wouldn't stop twitching
afterward. THEN i found out that the instructor
who is totally fit and trim and looks like she is
maybe mid-forties tops has EIGHT GRANDCHILDREN
and a 32 year old daughter, among others kids.

she doesn't look like she's had work done either.

damn.

okay, exercised, shopped for groceries,
should try to write!

*toddles off*

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Not enough days, not enough $$.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not enough days, not enough $$.
Quoted for truth and insight.

Well, I'm glad I did my outside work when I did. The temperature's dropped 10 degrees at least, and it's raining pretty hard. Not to mention fully dark already. Sheesh, not even 5:00!

Maryn, fan of light

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
i loved Phantom as well as Cabaret.
not so much The Miserables. ha!
excited!

::perks up:: Someone else who doesn't like Les Mis? I thought I was the only one. :) I'm looking forward to the new movie, though - I am hoping they've rectified all the issues I have with the musical.

Re: Wicked - has anyone read the book and seen the musical? I got about 2/3 through the book before it hit the wall (metaphorically, since I was listening on CD). Really couldn't stand it. But I honestly just cannot see how they could possibly turn that into a musical...?

Well, here's some good news. I just finished the rough rough draft of my WIP. Yay! Now, I just have to do my usual expand until I kill myself thing.

Hooray! I think? :) How about - you can do it!

Sharkbite's starting to get the hang of this "words" business. It's really funny. He knows all the letters and understands that they go together to form words, but he doesn't quite get that they have to go in a certain order. So this morning we used his refrigerator magnets to spell "box," and I showed him that if you switch them around to "xob" or "obx" it spells something completely different. He thought that was cool. Then I opened up to the page in Green Eggs and Ham with the box, and I showed him the word "box." He looks at the picture, looks at the word, and just goes :Jaw: I think I just blew his little mind.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I love 'Les Miz'. I can't wait to see the film. Great cast, and the snippets I've seen look promising.

moonfairee

Registered
Reaction score
Re: Wicked - has anyone read the book and seen the musical? I got about 2/3 through the book before it hit the wall (metaphorically, since I was listening on CD). Really couldn't stand it. But I honestly just cannot see how they could possibly turn that into a musical...?

I read it and saw it. I actually liked the book better! But my niece read and saw it, and felt the opposite. The musical is much cheerier, and you lose a lot of the worldly details. I think you could still enjoy the musical if you didn't like the book :)

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hit the wall early on in the book and never did finish it. The musical rocks.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
I love 'Les Miz'. I can't wait to see the film. Great cast, and the snippets I've seen look promising.

Ditto. One of my favorites on Broadway and HUGH JACKMAN! He is mine. :)

Also, more cryptic developments. So, thing I told you wouldn't work...pub updated and now it may now work. Hopefully, will be able to tell you more soon. :D *Vamp dust* and *cuisnart-ed Cullens* please.

mayqueen

Registered
Reaction score
I'm also not the hugest Les Miz fan, though I loved the book and several different movie adaptations. I'm not really a musical fan, though, except for weird, quirky things like "Lost Highway: The Opera." Although that's an opera, which I do really enjoy. But I do want to see the movie because I have a super-secret (oops) thing for the actor playing Marius.

Dawn Schaefer

Registered
Reaction score
Amarie wrote a YA historical??? I need dets on this :D

My mom is not happy with me. I put the first chapter of my book up on my blog and she sends me an email saying that she didn't know I wrote "smut." I'm trying not to giggle, if she thinks that's smutty, she best stay away from Purgy.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
*snerk* Dawn, tell her it could be worse. Tell her you have friends that write about boys kissing boys, and watch her head explode. ;)

Dawn Schaefer

Registered
Reaction score
I may have to bust this out when the conversation gets awkward over the holidays :D

Status
Not open for further replies.