Status
Not open for further replies.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
"Now that's how you Assemble. Sign 'em up." - Stan Lee.

((rab))

Thalia, good luck.

Starting to get the feeling of wanting to work on revising the sequel again. Well, at least, a scene or two.

Ever feel like your arms are too long? I need a mouse pad at hip level so I don't need to raise my shoulder at all.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ever feel like your arms are too long? I need a mouse pad at hip level so I don't need to raise my shoulder at all.
I use my thigh as a mousepad fairly often. Most of the stuff you'd wear on the bottom half works just fine, slinky knits being the only exception I've identified so far.

Maryn, thumb issues on one side, elbow on the other

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
G'morning, purgs!

Woke up to sunshine. Stupidly chipper. Look out, world.

Last night we had a belated dinner for SunnaMom, having missed Mother's Day (bad us). Of course, she decided to cook dinner, which would not have happened had it not been my husband making the arrangements, so all we could do was bring presents and scramble for a good bottle of wine. The conversation on the way out the door went something like this:

Sunna: Dude, we have like 5 bottles, we're not stopping to get another one! Just grab one.

Mr. Sunna: [rummaging through wine rack] Hey! Your mom really loved that blended Ménage à Trois we had last time she was over, what about doing that again?

Sunna:....

Mr. Sunna: What?

Mhm. :rolleyes:

And Caleb's hair should be done up in Princess Leia Buns. DUH.

Seconding this. Many thousands of yeses.

I so love What About Bob that I was immediately transported to the movie - baby steps - and forgot all about Blond's dilemma. But this was so random. Why this movie??

Well, much as I loved it, I have to admit I kind of sympathized with Richard Dreyfuss's character there. I have many Bobs in my family. They aren't always good company. :D

Also, I've had interviews where people acted a wee bit like this, and it definitely throws your whoooole day off.

my favorite in Avengers was most
definitely black widow. i felt she stole the show.

Oh gods yes. So hot. Unf.

{{Dragon}}

{{Lily}} Glad he's okay, though.

{{Ink}}

{{KT}}

Haupe

Mad Thread Killa
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janohara.net
Morning, all. I don't think I'll ever catch up on my reps, but a major thank you for the hugs, RTs, and help with putting out word on OL's interview.

I haven't seen the Avengers yet, but will likely take my son later this week.

Tally, I said it by rep, but to enlarge on what Blue said, I'm impressed that you're so young and already out there. Wish I'd had your moxie at that age.

Anyone here take part in a Mastermind group? Did you find it helpful?

NIYRAK

Plot Ninja's on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Morning Purgies!!!

There is NO HOPE of me catching up...I did rep a bit but ...

It's been a crazy week here in my world...

Pub sent me THIS last night and I almost hyperventalated.... (sp)

I also have a 'screen shot' of the full cover, but I can't figure out how to post it ONLY here... or link it somewhere that is seekret... so you will all have to wait... lol

Figured it out... but I will not be leaving it up for too long. ;)

Last edited:

CheekyWench

O.o
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elysabethwilliams.com
Mornin' folk!

Caleb and I are currently re-enacting the Avengers all around the office. This should provide some entertainment for a while.

Let me know when you get to "clench up, legolas" because, hehehehe..

((lily)) glad he's ok!

For those not on my FB, I managed to break out in SERIOUS hives yesterday and went to the Urgent Care. Of course they have no clue why.. gave me 7 days 'roids and antihistamine that makes me pass out after I take them.
Needless to say, I didn't drive to work today. Still itchy, they're no longer ANGRY but pink, and I'm zzzzzzzz

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Niy - can't seeeeeeeee! *sulk* Stupid Corporate Firewall of Doom.

{{Cheeky}} Glad you're feeling a little better today.

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
cheeky oh no!!!! hugs!!

sunna & thalia & caleb, black
widow wasnt just hot, resourceful
smart kicks ass with no superpowers.

rad.

off to volunteer at bubs art show!

*wipes sleep from eyes*

Haupe

Mad Thread Killa
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janohara.net
I can't see it either, NIYRAK.

(((Cheeky))) Have you googled "urticaria"? Maybe you can identify a cause.

Guys, if you're interested, phoenix has a post up on WU about an Unboxed book-selling opportunity.

Okay, I'm off. Got to conquer this To-Do list.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Black Widow has a small bit of superpower - she was genetically altered to be extra good at her job. She also ages slower than a regular human.

((Cheeky)) Benadryl or the generic is usually the go-to antihistamine and it might as well be a sleeping pill. It puts me at the so-sleepy-i'm-silly stage.

CheekyWench

O.o
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elysabethwilliams.com
Black Widow has a small bit of superpower - she was genetically altered to be extra good at her job. She also ages slower than a regular human.

((Cheeky)) Benadryl or the generic is usually the go-to antihistamine and it might as well be a sleeping pill. It puts me at the so-sleepy-i'm-silly stage.

This is atarak? or something similar.
This just came up so hard and fast my panic took over and I went straight to the UC. Trying not to have a panic attack on top of having hives was kinda hard. Yay for over reacting brains :D

Haupe, thanks for that - I looked it up on wiki first, (with not so bad pictures as google images) and yeah, that's exactly what happened. Raised, ANGRY red welts, all over. Really Fast. I thought a mosquito had stung me on the back of my leg, because it just got so itchy so fast, but I was wearing jeans. No clue how that happened. But none of the welts were outside skin that was covered with clothes.

Doc asked me if we had changed detergents.. Yeah... we did a week ago. To ALL FREE AND CLEAR >.<
:sigh:

Thanks everybody.. I'm just chalking it up to 'the breaks that cheeky can't have."

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
I used Arm and Hammer fragrance and dye free detergent. No prob.

Currently have Tide Free and Gentle. No problem there, either. Only have to fill the cup to the 1 mark in an HE washer, though none of my loads are big except the sheets.

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
thanks! noted!
but you must admit still small
potatoes compared to the dudes.
any which way.

two boxes of starbucks coffee
picked up. waiting for art teacher to
show up. i'm actually early!!

yawns!

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Totally agreed, Xiao! IMO, most capable Avenger. She manipulates her enemies by taking advantage of the fact that they think because she's a woman, she's weak and emotional and fragile, and then she destroys them when they least expect it.

Also, after that Hulk scene, going to take care of the Hawkeye situation despite how freakin' traumatized she was? Bad. Ass.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*stomps around* This day is dragging out! I want to go! *flops down all dramatic like*

thanks! noted!
but you must admit still small
potatoes compared to the dudes.
any which way.

If we are going skill sets and lack of Hawkeye has no augmentations what so ever. Just an awesome archer. But totally agree that Black Widow is a strong character.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Also the fact that Black Widow is the only hero who really doesn't have a specialty weapon/power (and yes, I count the Hulk as a weapon in his own). She uses a gun when she has one, but most of the time she just relies on her body and her wits, and that makes her so strong.

Yay Black Widow!

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Black Widow was definitely a strong character.

Love me some Hawkeye, too. Between him and Katniss, archery is turning into a cool sport, which is nice. :) And I've always been fascinated by Bruce Banner's character, and it was, I thought, really well-handled here for all that he got continuously upstaged by his hilarious alter ego. That line about always being angry was just perfect.

{{{{Cheeky}}}} yikes! That must have been terrifying. Glad it calmed down! I've never had that happen, but if we switch detergents, I've definitely had reactions, even to kinds that were supposed to be "safe".

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Morning everyone.

You guys make me want to watch Avengers all over again. And yes, Black Widow = Awesomeness.

So, stupid mememe moment, but somehow coming back from Europe always drags this whole nasty identity crisis with it where I'm happy to be home, only it's not really home and things seem terribly complicated and overwhelming. Being an adult sucks. :(

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Morning purgies.

Day is dragging. I am sleepy.

(((Cheeky)))

That's all I got. Working through the brain fog.

Status
Not open for further replies.