• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

AEI Entertainment / Writer's Lifeline (Ken Atchity)

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Not exactly more recent, but the guy's full of crap.

From the PM page, "George Lucas was forced to put up his own money to pay for "Star Wars" because NO ONE believed in his vision. By the time the film came out, he was bankrupt. He is now fabulously wealthy of course -- PRECISELY BECAUSE HE WAS UNABLE TO SELL ANY OF THE RIGHTS TO THE FILM OR ITS SEQUELS."

That's totally not true. Twentieth Century Fox bankrolled the film. Lucas didn't have 11 million dollars lying around at the time, American Graffitti (his one successful non-student film at the time) probably paid off his student loans with a bit left over but he wasn't wealthy in that sense.

"Walt Disney was turned down 302 times before he got financing for Disneyland."

Also not true. He was turned down, but he never got financing. He actually did bankroll it himself (unlike Lucas).

The question then is, why would he lie? Or, is he so gullible that he just believes random stuff he heard somewhere? It smacks of laziness or dishonesty... Either one should be avoided.

beachbabe

Registered
Reaction score
Ken Atchity and Jen Pope

I sent a query letter...no partial...no synopsis to Jen. They know nothing about the way I write although I've had four books published by Whiskey Creek Press and have been nominated for an e-format award this year which I mentioned in my query. I sense a crook. What sort of agent would forward my query to someone else?

Here's what he emailed.

Anna, you sound so fascinating that Jen referred your email to me. The way I’m working with new clients is via the “project launch analysis” on www.thewriterslifeline.com.

You can also use my personal one-on-one career coaching described on www.storymerchant.com, which can include representation. Let me know if I can be of help to your next career move. Happy to chat about it if you'd like.

Meanwhile, sign up at [email protected] for free information and inspiration. Keep me in mind, especially if you run into obstacles. Good luck

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011!
Ken Atchity
direct: 323-932-1685

visit:
www.storymerchant.com
www.kenatchity.blogspot.com
www.thewriterslifeline.com

CGwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Little Kenny

It is unethical for producers to charge to read your stuff. Run far away.