• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Writers House

Marsha29

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.helium.com
Hi, everyone:

I sent my query to Jodi Reamer in early March. I did email her for query status and got a very nice response from her assistant.

"Thanks for checking in. In regards to your manuscript, Jodi has not yet had a chance to read your submission. She has been extremely busy as of late and actually has not had the opportunity to evaluate potential clients for some time. We ask that you continue to be patient, and know that Jodi will give you the time and respect you deserve as soon as she possibly can.

Thanks again for following up."

Thought this might help all those out there who are waiting on responses from her.
:)

I did a status check a few weeks ago for my manuscript with Jodi and received the exact same response, word for word. It is a very nice response but obviously what they are sending to everyone at this time. Hard not to be a little disappointed.

Last edited:

bobcat22

Registered
Reaction score
I have a partial that has been out with WH for about three months. Since that points, I've made some revisions that make me feel more confident about the piece. Should I send the new partial with a note that I've changed things and to have the agent read that instead of the previous one? I'm assuming it hasn't been read since I've received no response yet.

Laura Lond

Registered
Reaction score
I have a partial that has been out with WH for about three months. Since that points, I've made some revisions that make me feel more confident about the piece. Should I send the new partial with a note that I've changed things and to have the agent read that instead of the previous one? I'm assuming it hasn't been read since I've received no response yet.

I think it would be okay to send the agent a quick email telling them about the revisions and asking whether they'd like you to send the new version.

budgie_brain

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Marsha and coryleslie, for the update on Jodi. And thanks for your suggestion, too, Tuuli. :)

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
karendenise72.blogspot.com
Does anyone know how long it usually takes for Robin Rue to respond to fulls? I'm being patient (really, I am ;)) but I want to know when I should be looking to send out a follow up. I don't really think that I'll have to since Beth Miller has been really fast so far, I just need a bit of info on the average time. Thanks!

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Not sure of Robin's response time on fulls. She took 3 weeks to reject my partial (or I should say her assistant did).

Jimmer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmjanik.homestead.com
MissKris,

I'd be interested in your situation too as mine is roughly parallel. In short, I sent a query to Lindsay Davis at WH who requested the full, read it and liked it but felt Josh Getzler would make a better fit. She suggested I send it to him and mention her referral. I did so, he asked for sample chapters the same day as the email back in March. I haven't heard a word since. I emailed an update request at 8 weeks and, again, no response.

I have a friend who is repped by Josh and she thinks he's amazing. And quick! It doesn't seem like him at all to ignore a reasonable update email.

Let me know if you hear anything, or if anyone knows anything about his situation. I'm ready to write it off but after Lindsay liked it enough to encourage me to use her name with Josh...you'd think I'd get an email.

Jimmer

Hi Angkor! I was wondering if you ever did hear back from Josh? I had a partial requested back in Feb. and he said he hoped to get back within six weeks. No word yet on the partial or on the status query I sent at the seven week mark. I also never heard if he even got my partial, since he didn't reply that he did (although since we were replying to each other on the same e-mail, I can't imagine it got lost). I'm surpirsed that he wouldn't respond, even with an R - he seemed really nice. :Shrug:

redlady1

Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Maya about partials/fulls? She's had mine for nearly 12 weeks now and no word.

Tuuli

Research Addict
Registered
Reaction score
MissKris,

I'd be interested in your situation too as mine is roughly parallel. In short, I sent a query to Lindsay Davis at WH who requested the full, read it and liked it but felt Josh Getzler would make a better fit. She suggested I send it to him and mention her referral. I did so, he asked for sample chapters the same day as the email back in March. I haven't heard a word since. I emailed an update request at 8 weeks and, again, no response.

I have a friend who is repped by Josh and she thinks he's amazing. And quick! It doesn't seem like him at all to ignore a reasonable update email.

Let me know if you hear anything, or if anyone knows anything about his situation. I'm ready to write it off but after Lindsay liked it enough to encourage me to use her name with Josh...you'd think I'd get an email.

Jimmer

This does sound strange. Is there a chance your friend could inquiry as to whether he received it? It just doesn't sound like him to brush you off after the referral from Lindsay. I don't know him, but from what I saw in the MSFV secret agent contest two months ago, he really seems like a great guy.

Jimmer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmjanik.homestead.com
Tuuli,

Funny you should mention that. I just emailed her, more to see if there was anything going on in Josh's life that might explain the delays. I haven't heard back yet. I don't think I'd use her to communicate with Josh though. That would be over the limits of cyber friendship, I think.

Jimmer

This does sound strange. Is there a chance your friend could inquiry as to whether he received it? It just doesn't sound like him to brush you off after the referral from Lindsay. I don't know him, but from what I saw in the MSFV secret agent contest two months ago, he really seems like a great guy.

Tuuli

Research Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Tuuli,

Funny you should mention that. I just emailed her, more to see if there was anything going on in Josh's life that might explain the delays. I haven't heard back yet. I don't think I'd use her to communicate with Josh though. That would be over the limits of cyber friendship, I think.

Jimmer

You're right, Jimmer. Cyber friendship doesn't count, especially if the person hasn't even read your novel. It would also depend on how long he has been your friend's agent. Sorry. Kids bugging me to use the computer. I should have put more explanation into that answer. :D

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
karendenise72.blogspot.com
Not sure of Robin's response time on fulls. She took 3 weeks to reject my partial (or I should say her assistant did).

Yeah, her assistant (Beth Miller) seems to read pretty quickly. I snail mailed my partial to her on April 8th (which I'm assuming didn't make it to her until like the 10thor even later) and she requested the full on the 24th which I emailed. It'll be a month on friday, which isn't really a long time, but I'm hoping that maybe Robin is reading it now.

Saltier

Small towns fuel escapism
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats rosepuddle!

Carlene

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlenedater.com
Interesting thread.

Josh Getzler requested a partial from me on 2/3/09 which I sent. I sent a follow up message last Monday asking for the status - so for nothing! Maybe he's on vacation????

Carlene

Jimmer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmjanik.homestead.com
I just heard back from my friend who still insists Josh is aces as an agent and must simply be backed up. He just sold her debut novel and has always been quick with email responses. No vacations that I'm aware of.

I guess yet more patience is called for.

Jimmer

Interesting thread.

Josh Getzler requested a partial from me on 2/3/09 which I sent. I sent a follow up message last Monday asking for the status - so for nothing! Maybe he's on vacation????

Carlene

MissKris

Is the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristindmiller.com
I know that he has been making a number of sales recently and attended at least one conference (surely more). He sounds like a super agent - maybe that's what's making it so hard to be patient! :)

Jimmer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmjanik.homestead.com
Ah hah! I just found out Josh took most of April off on vacation. He also took some time off last week for personal stuff. He's way behind in his reading. Add one month more to the usual wait, I am told.

Jimmer

I know that he has been making a number of sales recently and attended at least one conference (surely more). He sounds like a super agent - maybe that's what's making it so hard to be patient! :)

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
Ah hah! I just found out Josh took most of April off on vacation. He also took some time off last week for personal stuff. He's way behind in his reading. Add one month more to the usual wait, I am told.

Jimmer

Thanks, this will really help!

Last edited:

ChelseaWriter

Registered
Reaction score
My requested partial was sent to Jodi Reamer back in mid-Feb, but I haven't heard anything yet. I think she requested a few partials right around that time, but has maybe been a little backed up. Just wondering if anybody else here has received a response?

Tuuli

Research Addict
Registered
Reaction score
My requested partial was sent to Jodi Reamer back in mid-Feb, but I haven't heard anything yet. I think she requested a few partials right around that time, but has maybe been a little backed up. Just wondering if anybody else here has received a response?

ChelseaWriter, check out Coryleslie's comment on this thread from May 15th. A number of other writers have received the same form letter response. Sorry, but it looks like we're in for a looooong wait.

Why do I get the feeling I'll be finished my current WIP before I hear back from her? Oh, and I've just completed my first draft. ;)

Last edited: