A Life of Crime and Chocolate

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, didn't know where else to post this. I spent yesterday down in San Antonio riding around with my new technical adviser for my new series. She took me to a lot of the places where there had been murders and floaters found. The scary thing is, she just sent me this link and we were less than 100 yards from where the body was found today!!!

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...692.php?cmpid=emailarticle&cmpid=emailarticle

You can see some pics of the area in my new blog post:

http://bit.ly/SrajJU

Freaky!

Wow Ken, that is creepy!

Picked Kitty up today. Wow. What a difference she was pretty perky and chowing down on the food. Such a good sign.

Yay! I'm so glad! It sucks when they're sick, doesn't it?

I got my kitty the steroid injection and he seems to be doing really well with it. Yay healthier kitties!

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
History and HJ I'm glad to hear both of your kitties are feeling better.

My Freya got a cut of her ear from playing with her BFF, a retriever cross spaniel. They are always play fighting and being rough with eaghother and today it ended in blood shed. My heart just about broke for her, it had a few little drips, but it seems to have clotted and it's clean.
Hate it when they're hurt or ill. They're so much more than pets, they're our babies.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is a video that we participated in.

Little Kate is the girl with curly hair with her Dad, she 's Blake's second girlfriend :) They met while staying at RMH. I'm the one on my own (Francine Leach) because Blake was in a mood and wanted to play rather than sit with me while I talked to a camera lol.

He's a little star in this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-BF-Qon4bU

:Hug2: Awesome!

:Hug2: To all the kitties and pups here.

:welcome: Irvin1

Hope you all have a super week. :D

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
hehe love the Avatar upgrade Gail. Very appropriate.

We arent much for Halloween here in Oz. I got a couple of bags of lollies (candy) just encase anyone comes a knocking, but I doubt it.

JMC2009

Your friendly neighborhood Chat Op
Registered
Reaction score
hehe love the Avatar upgrade Gail. Very appropriate.

We arent much for Halloween here in Oz. I got a couple of bags of lollies (candy) just encase anyone comes a knocking, but I doubt it.

I'm on the fence about whether to do Halloween or not. This will be my third one in this house. The first one I had 5 kids, and last year I was really sick so I was in bed all evening. Tough part about Halloween in my neighborhood is Im a couple of blocks over from an area that has a lot of drugs and prostitution.

If I do, I'll probably paint my face green and wear black dress and witch's hat.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
I've never done it, I always buy something encase some kids come around, but I would NEVER allow my kids to do it.

I think it's just encouraging kids to knock on people's doors they dont know, nad talk to strangers. Also we tell them never to take sweets from strangers, but on one night of the year it's okay. Doesnt make sence to me.

Plus it's just so dangerous. We live in a society where we dont really know anyone. 20 years agoyou would have been able to feel safe about it, but not now. You just cant trust anyone.

I dont answer my door past about 7pm now so if any kids want some lollies they'll have to come before then.

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
We live in a small village and know almost everybody. So we go to the doors of the people we know. My kids are technically too old themselves now however my 16y old daughter is going out this year and take the 17 month old to a few houses (not that she'll get to eat any of it.) It's all a rouse of course for my daughter to get candy. :D

There is also a Halloween parade with the little ones that ends at the fire hall where they get treats, cider, games, and costume prizes.

I meant to do my 3k post here but I forgot. :( So lets pretend...
Look I've 3,000 posts!

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
I'm all for festivals and parades, even street parties where you block off the street to have a large get together.

Yay for your 3000th post :)

My thoughts and prayers are with all who lie in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.

We just got an update on Her on my news updates, She's apparantly heading towards New York.
We NEVER get told what's going on weather wise in other countries unless it's something huge.

Stay safe everyone.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray: 3K for History!

We just let our kids do trick-or-treating for the first time last year. They went to a couple of houses in the neighborhood. My 7-y-o says it's boring and he'd rather do Trunk or Treat* any day.

*The Harvest Party at my church has Trunk or Treat. All the trunks are registered and approved (by me, plus pastor), so I know everyone. We cordon off the back parking lot and throw a big party with games and bounce houses, etc. It's awesome, but it's a TON of work. It was last night and it was a huge success, but I'm so glad it's over. Well, except for the cleanup. :)

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Halloween? :evil Heard of the Halloween Hedgehog? :evil Muahahahahahahahahaha :evil

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
I cant even believe it. I feel like throwing up!

Blake's Cousin on his dad's side has just been diagnosed with Leukemia this morning, he is at the same hospital we go to.

So it's his dad's cousin's son. Blake and Mitchell (the cousin w/ Leukemia) are the same generation coming from the same common denominatior, Blake's dad's great grandparents on his dad's side.

2 in the one F**king family. I want to scream nad blame someone but who? I want to hurt something I'm so angry at the world right now.
How could this happen again to our family?

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Blake's Cousin on his dad's side has just been diagnosed with Leukemia this morning, he is at the same hospital we go to.

So it's his dad's cousin's son. Blake and Mitchell (the cousin w/ Leukemia) are the same generation coming from the same common denominatior, Blake's dad's great grandparents on his dad's side.

2 in the one F**king family. I want to scream nad blame someone but who? I want to hurt something I'm so angry at the world right now.

So sorry to hear this, French. It does seem more than one family can bear.:Hug2:

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
We're just waiting to find out the details.
I'm definatelly going to be picking Blake's doctor's brains about the cause of this. We were told it wasnt genetic, but this makes me doubt everything I've been told.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score

French hugs and comforting vibes. :Hug2: sad to read this, cannot imagine the pain and frustration.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score

Sorry, I meant to say Blake's great grandparents on his dad's side.

We know it's ALL which is much better than AML we just dont know what cell B or T. We want the B cell because it has the higher survival rate.
Mitchell isnt quite 3 yet, so that works in his favour. The younger the age at diagnosis the better the chance of survival. Having said that I know too many kids who had a good (80% or higher) chance of survival but still grew their wings.

I know too much about childhood cancer, it makes me depressed. I've seen too many kids die from this awful disease nad I wish with every single piece of my being that my son and his cousin never had to live with it.
It's been our life for nearly 3 years and I'm over it all.