Well. This was unexpected.

J Whisketosky

Just this side of insanity
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening (if you're on the east coast) all.

I joined because it seems like there's some serious writers on this board (you know...people who have...actually written stuff, instead of just yapping about it to that pretty new freshman with the long ringlets you're hoping to take home at the end of the night).

I'm currently working on multiple projects (a short story idea I just had, a novel, and a couple plots), and I've been writing long enough (and badly enough) that I've decided to stop being a coward, finish a story, revise, revise, revise, and try and send something out this year.

I've read the rules, and I know I can't ask for feedback until I get 50 posts. That's just fine. I'd like to get a bit more under my belt anyway first.

I look forward to talking to everyone; I've read a bunch of posts and everyone seems like friendly people who will tell it to you straight. That's what I'm looking for, and I hope to be able to help someone else too.

See you around!

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! Hope to see you around :)

Sass2379

One Big Goof
Registered
Reaction score
Hi there. Very nice to meet you. What's your novel about? This is a great forum with very helpful information.

J Whisketosky

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Sass,

The story's about a young woman who is struggling to find out why she's so unhappy when she has everything she wants: a perfect job, a loving husband, a lover who challenges her, and no children. I'm struggling a bit to stop analyzing and just write, but her solution makes the whole thing a bit awkward, and leaves the novel without a very clear definition of what genre it is.

MeretSeger

The Alydar of Writers
Registered
Reaction score
Good for you! That happened to me this year, too.

I have found one of the best ways to help with my own revisions is to hang out near the post your work board. The suggestions the seasoned writers and editors make for others have helped me so much.

See you around!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. Good luck.

Amyre

Gypsy
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. :)

Good luck with your getting your revisions done this year!

J Whisketosky

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, guys!

Thanks for all the encouragement! I'll definitely hit up the Work boards and poke around for others advice!

J Whisketosky

Registered
Reaction score
CactusWendy,

I like my popcorn lightly popped, coated with butter, and drizzled with caramel. And since it's internet popcorn, and the calories don't count, let's throw on some more caramel!

poppyseed

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! These boards are certainly full of some very successful and hard working people. Don't let it intimidate you. I've been a lurker for several years, and most people here are kind, helpful, and friendly all across the board. Your writing will grow a lot here. :)

V_writes

Testing the waters
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm new here as well, but it certainly seems like a place that will give you the help you're looking for. See you around!

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
Welcome! We run the gamut from seasoned professionals to absolute fools (and sometimes that's redundant.) :)

Feel free to post questions, or ask a Mod via PM. We'z here to help.

Lapinou

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

It sounds like you're writing a novel with a similar genre to mine :) Mine is definitely not romance...but I'm not sure it's literary either at the moment. Possibly just contemporary?

I'd be really, really interested to read yours - it sounds fascinating.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too. Come along and pop on over to the Newbie Pub (at the top of the Newbie forum) and say hi, there's plenty of friendly faces that you can chat with and lots of banter. There's also the Question of the Day threads at the top of the Newbie forum where you can answer random questions.

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.