Incoming!

NicoleJLeBoeuf

a work in progress
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nicolejleboeuf.com
Every year, in my last Regional Broadcast, round about December 1 or 2, I point the writers in my region in the direction of some great writing resources. Stuff about editing, stuff about publishing commercially or indie, stuff about avoiding scammers. Stuff.

Absolute Write makes up a large portion of the links in that Regional Broadcast. Because AW is full of teh Awesome.

So... the Boulder Wrimos are on their way! Please make them feel welcome! Which I know y'all are so very good at!

*hugs*

NicoleJLeBoeuf

a work in progress
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nicolejleboeuf.com
Hee! But how would I count them these days that there's no rep point number on display anymore?

I was just thinking about the "criticisms of Nano" conversation, and how there were a couple posts in there that could make a new AW'er fresh from the NaNoWriMo.org forums feel a little less than welcome... But they were so thoroughly rebutted by everyone else in the thread, including mods, that I don't think there's any danger of misreading the general AW atmosphere.

I just get kinda protective of my peeps sometimes. It's hard to take off the ML hat just because it's December.

AriAmaru

Registered
Reaction score
Hee! But how would I count them these days that there's no rep point number on display anymore?

I was just thinking about the "criticisms of Nano" conversation, and how there were a couple posts in there that could make a new AW'er fresh from the NaNoWriMo.org forums feel a little less than welcome... But they were so thoroughly rebutted by everyone else in the thread, including mods, that I don't think there's any danger of misreading the general AW atmosphere.

I just get kinda protective of my peeps sometimes. It's hard to take off the ML hat just because it's December.

Count me as one of the AW newbs fresh from Wrimo who happened upon that thread. I didn't expect to encounter any negativity on these boards until after my first week. ;)

Also, Nicole, I agree with your comments in that post thoroughly. As an instructor to many ESL students, I find that "just because you can doesn't mean you should" attitude all kinds of unpleasant.