Braggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonasuch

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I have a story coming out in Daily Science Fiction tomorrow. And I just made a sale to the Intergalactic Medicine Show!

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't sold anything in a while, but I did just submit my novel to an agent for the first time!!

Glad to hear it, Project Deadlight. Hope it goes really well. :)

nonasuch: What's the name of your story? Just want to make sure I don't miss it when it turns up in my email. I don't read every DSF story (time dependent) but I especially like to read what people here write, when I know about it. And congrats on the IGMS sale.

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I have a story coming out in Daily Science Fiction tomorrow. And I just made a sale to the Intergalactic Medicine Show!

Both great markets! Congrats! I'll look for the DSF story tomorrow.

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't sold anything in a while, but I did just submit my novel to an agent for the first time!!

Good for you and best of luck.:) Sub to lots and lots of them! That's a nice difference from subbing short works, you can send out a whole batch of queries.

GreenRoom

brain in a vat
VPXVI
Registered
Reaction score

Congrats on the old sale and the new!

I just got my line edits today for the story I sold to IGMS back in May. I'm hoping to hear soon whether it will be in the July or September issue.

And soon came sooner than I thought. My story, "The Butcher of Londinium", will be in the July issue of IGMS. So I have at most 21 more days to wait until it is up! :)

Last edited:

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, lots of kudos all around! Hey, is there some secret to getting into IGMS that anyone would like to share? :D

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Those are both awesome sales, congratulations! Looking forward to reading your DSF story tomorrow.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just heard back from Every Day Fiction, after 88 days. They're buying my humorous SF flash "Those Who Can't Do."

This is my fourth sale to EDF and the one that received by FAR the most flattering comments from the readers. Definitely made my evening.

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
Just heard back from Every Day Fiction, after 88 days. They're buying my humorous SF flash "Those Who Can't Do."

This is my fourth sale to EDF and the one that received by FAR the most flattering comments from the readers. Definitely made my evening.

Congrats Alex!
And congrats to GreenRoom - IGMS is a tough market to crack.

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
Just wondering what others do when you get an acceptance - do you acknowledge the acceptance or wait to communicate until you get the contract if that comes separately?
My other acceptances have required some kind of response. The editor at Plasma Frequency said he would be in touch with a contract when the issue filled up and to write if I had any questions. I didn't want to send unnecessary e-mail, so haven't responded, but that feels vaguely rude.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just wondering what others do when you get an acceptance - do you acknowledge the acceptance or wait to communicate until you get the contract if that comes separately?
My other acceptances have required some kind of response. The editor at Plasma Frequency said he would be in touch with a contract when the issue filled up and to write if I had any questions. I didn't want to send unnecessary e-mail, so haven't responded, but that feels vaguely rude.

Eliza,

I *always* respond to an acceptance letter, either immediately or within 24 hours, if they require any minor edits/info etc that may take more than a minute or two to pull together.

Thank the editor for taking the story, send them whatever they need (bio? photo? a million dollars in unmarked small bills?), then sit back and enjoy :)

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score

It kind of depends. Some markets ask for a response because they'll give you a list of info they have to confirm is correct before they can send the contract. (DSF and Stupefying Stories both do this.) Even if they don't need a confirmation email back it's usually good form to send an email to say "Thank you," and to confirm that the story is still available.

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. Like I said, with stories before it was obvious what to do as some exchange of info was necessary, but here he told me he would be in touch later. The tenet of not e-mailing editors unless warranted runs deep in me, I guess! ;)

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sold "How to Locate and Capture Time Travelers: A Memo" to Third Flatiron Publishing for their Origins issue due out in December.

I'm literally selling them faster than I'm writing new ones right now. Fourth sale in the last couple of weeks!

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
Sold "How to Locate and Capture Time Travelers: A Memo" to Third Flatiron Publishing for their Origins issue due out in December.

I'm literally selling them faster than I'm writing new ones right now. Fourth sale in the last couple of weeks!

Congratulations! That's great, Alex. May you run out of stories completely :D (for awhile).

Status
Not open for further replies.