Rejectomancy

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
I'm sorry, we're all fresh out of VENEGNCE. Can I interest you in a few servings of spell check instead? :evil

Seriously though, it was a good story, just not the right fit.

I was just so angry I was pounding random keys. I'm lucky I got as many right as I did.

Thanks Alex. I'll probably be submitting something else before the floodgates open on July 1st.

sarahthegrey

Registered
Reaction score
Started the day with the Penumbra R, ended it with a 3-hour R from Lightspeed on the same story--my fastest R ever.

I love this little story, but I don't think it'll find a home. :(

Also seriously feeling the R burn, like my wheels are spinning and I'm going nowhere. Don't think of myself as thin-skinned, but jeezus...it's really stinging today.

Last edited:

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A 52-day form R from Apex. And it didn't even come from Lynn. And they misspelled my name, totally failing at cut/paste. :(

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry SmallThing, Sai, Alex, sarahthegrey, and JW. Sounds like some ouchy ones.

Working Title

The Indomitable Snowman
Registered
Reaction score
Started the day with the Penumbra R, ended it with a 3-hour R from Lightspeed on the same story--my fastest R ever.

I love this little story, but I don't think it'll find a home. :(

Also seriously feeling the R burn, like my wheels are spinning and I'm going nowhere. Don't think of myself as thin-skinned, but jeezus...it's really stinging today.

Two rejections for the same story in one day? That would sting for anybody! You have perfectly normal skin.

56-day from Electric Spec on my oldest story. It's now at 15 rejections and sliding ever closer towards the trunk.

But it's not in the trunk yet! It can still find a home! Go, story! Go!

A 52-day form R from Apex. And it didn't even come from Lynn. And they misspelled my name, totally failing at cut/paste. :(

That's a bummer. It sounds like it wasn't even a humorously spectacular botched spelling! Though at least it wasn't sent to "Miss Chandeler Bong." :)

Oooh, experimental ice cream. What flavor would that be?

Science flavored!

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
11-day Analog R yesterday, and a 28-day Buzzy also yesterday.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Well, after being advanced to the third round at Untied Shoelaces, received a 25-day form R. And on top of that, a 9-day R from Apex.

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to everyone in yesterday's round of rejections, especially those with double hits. Sam - encouraging words from Abyss!

Project Deadlight

Registered
Reaction score
Well, after being advanced to the third round at Untied Shoelaces, received a 25-day form R. And on top of that, a 9-day R from Apex.

This is exactly what happened to me too! Perhaps they read what we said about their comments and wanted to tease us.

20 day higher tier rejection from 3LBE. Quite happy with that, actually.

Project Deadlight

Registered
Reaction score
Another higher tier from One Story. Surely there should be a rule that they have to publish me now? Either that or demote me to a form. Or... invent a brand new higher, higher form. Dear Simon, this is the best story we are not going to publish. Yours OS.

J.W. Alden

The King Who Bore the Sword
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Personal from Pseudopod on a flash piece. This one's going to be tough I think, being that it's both a reprint and a zombie story.

sarahthegrey

Registered
Reaction score
37-day R from Shimmer. Couldn't come to a unanimous vote to accept, as it didn't click at all for one reader. No advice for improvement, presumably because the rest liked it.

Dammit, I ALMOST cracked Shimmer...but, holy crap, I almost cracked SHIMMER.

Last edited:

akaSylvia

Doesn't Bite
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.intrigue.co.uk
Finally broke my response-drought by subbing to a fast market. Personal 3-hour rejection from UFO. Hoping I can write something new that suits the market.

Working Title

The Indomitable Snowman
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Simon, this is the best story we are not going to publish. Yours OS.

That cracked me up.

37-day R from Shimmer. Couldn't come to a unanimous vote to accept, as it didn't click at all for one reader. No advice for improvement, presumably because the rest liked it.

:( That's a rough rejection. Can't please all of the people all of the time, but that's awesome that the rest of them liked the piece! Maybe the next one will "click" for everyone!

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Simon, this is the best story we are not going to publish. Yours OS.

arrgh. How frustrating. At least you know you have a good story. Same for you sarahthegrey.

Commiserations for all the recent rejections. Marzioli - which is ST? - Subterrain? Subterrainian? or another?

caliph

Registered
Reaction score
Graagh! First ever short story R from flash fiction online. Next goal: get past form letter.