• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Kimberley Cameron & Assocs. (formerly Reece Halsey North Lit. Agency)

K.L Hallam

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karenleehallamwrites.blogspot.com
Just to give you all some stats. Pooja requested a partial from #WritersVoice in May 2013. I had some revisions made at the suggestion of an agent and updated Pooja about this--a few months later, and she was happy to get the revised version.

We had some back and forth with emails, after I heard about internet problems. SO , I'm waiting. Um, it'll be a year in a few weeks.

I'm involved in several projects, and very busy--love to work with her, she goes to a lot of conferences and seems eager to help writers. But we'll see. Good luck everyone with full/partials.

Author CJ Black

My Skin Is Thick enough, thank you.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authorcjblack.com
Karen, have you sent a follow-up email? After a year it's likely something may have gone wrong but of course I can't say for certain. It will be two months since I sent the full on the 15th, so I may send a follow-up then unless I hear beforehand. But I've been following her on Twitter and she mentioned she needs to do some catching up.

K.L Hallam

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karenleehallamwrites.blogspot.com
Author CJ Black, thank you for the suggestion.
Our last correspondence was Jan 9th, 2014. She asked me to go ahead and send the new query and synopsis and attach the ms (I sent a full, at this point, because it sounded like she asked for the whole thing--I could be wrong, and could be penalized) --o_O
I know she's really busy. I think I might need to wait a little longer.

Last edited:

Author CJ Black

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authorcjblack.com
Just a bit of new info. This is now on the agent website although I'm not certain how long it has been there:

Please note:

• Unfortunately, we cannot confirm the safe arrival of submissions. There are simply too many. Please do not call or email to ask if we've received your query.
  • We do our best to respond to every submission in a timely manner.
  • We do not handle screenplays, TV scripts, Children's Literature, poetry, teleplays, or novels in foreign languages (you may submit the English translation only).

I've already sent the follow-up on 4/17 and received a response from Ms. Menon (I don't have the email anymore) where I was advised that she had a lot on her plate and would get back to me as soon as possible. Besides that writers will have to wait to hear.

Author CJ Black

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authorcjblack.com
Apparently Ms. Menon is now closed to queries until the fall.

"Pooja Menon is not accepting unsolicited submissions at this time. If you would like to submit to Pooja in the future, please check the KC&A website again in late fall."

So hopefully she'll get caught up soon. Fingers crossed.

Author CJ Black

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authorcjblack.com
Still no word on my full with Pooja Menon. I'm not sure if I should nudge because of their notice not to write asking about queries, but I suppose asking about a full manuscript wouldn't apply. Then again I still don't know. It's been nine months since I sent the full. Thoughts?

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Still no word on my full with Pooja Menon. I'm not sure if I should nudge because of their notice not to write asking about queries, but I suppose asking about a full manuscript wouldn't apply. Then again I still don't know. It's been nine months since I sent the full. Thoughts?

There is nothing wrong with nudging about a full. Even after three months, it's perfectly acceptable to check in.

Author CJ Black

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authorcjblack.com
There is nothing wrong with nudging about a full. Even after three months, it's perfectly acceptable to check in.
Thanks Chumplet. I actually did say the heck with it and nudged this past Saturday (my birthday) and asked her for an update, along with my contact phone numbers. Still no word. I'm going to write this off as a no response by the end of the week.:Shrug:

seaaircarol

Frustrated Pluviophile
Registered
Reaction score
Pooja requested a partial from me last October. I heard back in April (a pass). She requested another partial (different manuscript) in April, and now it's October again. Haven't heard back.

ChristiRSuzanne

Registered
Reaction score
Pooja Menon

It seems like this agent simply doesn't reply if she isn't interested in a full, partial, or a query. I sent her a partial as she requested in January 2014 and still haven't heard a peep. I followed up twice... I closed out my query in July assuming she wasn't interested. I understand not being able to reply to all queries, but I wish she would give a little feedback on partials and fulls. It's hard. I know she is busy.

Last edited:

Author CJ Black

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authorcjblack.com
It seems like this agent simply doesn't reply if she isn't interested in a full, partial, or a query. I sent her a partial as she requested in January 2014 and still haven't heard a peep. I followed up twice... I closed out my query in July assuming she wasn't interested. I understand not being able to reply to all queries, but I wish she would give a little feedback on partials and fulls. It's hard. I know she is busy.

Although it doesn't say no response means no on the site, (We do our best to respond to every submission in a timely manner.) I have to say I agree with you @ChristiRSuzanne. The submission guidelines should be updated if that's now the case. Anyway, I wrote this off as a no-response weeks ago. I still have another full and a couple of partials out.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
*scratch that, she's from a different agency. confusion this morning, haven't had enough coffee*

Last edited:

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Ms. Manon never replied from a requested partial via Twitter last spring. I wrote it off as a non response, since the manuscript wasn't complete at the time (which I had emphasized in the Twitter exchange, and later the submission).

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Pooja menon triggered some memories for me, because she was on a list of people I wanted to query there, but when I checked her out late last year, she didn't seem to be on the site. I could be remembering wrong, however, because there was also a male agent who is definitely gone now and seems to have left agenting entirely. She is closed to queries at the moment.

In the same vein, I got a couple of pitmad requests from agents with KC. One from Mary C. Moore (who is currently closed to subs, but says she wants 50 pages from favorites) and one from Lisa Abellera, who says she's with KC and has a KC e-mail but isn't on their site. She also seems to be the owner of Abellera Design, which designed their web page.

Has anyone heard of her? Maybe she's a new agent who isn't listed yet.

Last edited:

Author CJ Black

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authorcjblack.com
Pooja Menon does appear to still be with KC&A, and was supposed to be accepting new queries last fall. You are correct @roxxsmom, she was removed from the main site but is back on. During an #askagent session in March, I posted the question, "Why would a literary agent request a full & then never respond to the author? You requested it for a reason didn't you?" I can't seem to locate her full response on my Twitter feed but she had said something along the lines of that she had been concentrating on her current clients and was dealing with personal issues. She said I could re-send my submission if I wanted to in August or September. It's likely I won't because she didn't really seem interested. She has been on Twitter a lot lately. I guess I'll see what happens.

Last edited:

Vegetarian Cannibal

I eat clowns.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thevegetariancannibal.blogspot.com
I also got a favorite from K&C for #PitMad. Not sure. Are they sketchy? It appears they sell to publishers that accept unagented submissions, which makes me wonder why bother. Does anyone have any RECENT positive experiences with this agency? ::KanyeShrug::

Reaction score
So I also had a pitmad request from Lisa, but was wondering if anyone knows much about her? My google-foo is failing me tonight.

elleberquist6

Registered
Reaction score
I just wanted to share my news about this agency. I have been sending out queries to agents on and off for the past 5 years for various books. Today I got my first positive feedback from Kimberly Cameron! When I queried her I sent her the first 50 pages. She just asked for another 50. I can't believe this is finally happening.

JaneD

Registered
Reaction score
Website
janedougherty.wordpress.com
I had a request for the full from Mary C. Moore on June 26. She said she probably wouldn't get round to reading all mss until at least end September and more likely end October. She read mine super quickly though and got back to me August 2. It was a rejection, sadly, but she was very complimentary about the writing and seems as though she'd be a very good person to work with.