Google Adsense Help

magicmint

Registered
Reaction score
Hey,

So I was doing some stuff on my blog, and clicking on my posts making sure pictures were aligned when I noticed the in-text adds. You know, when the text is underlined and you scroll over the word and an add pops up. I don't EVER remember allowing this to happen.

I have two google adds on the sidebar, but does google add those words? Is this maybe a malware/virus on my computer doing this?

I am going to ask if you guys can check out this post and tell me if you see the words 'currency' and 'reward' highlighted.

http://www.loneswing.com/?p=506

I am starting to think I have maleware on my computer. Not entirely sure. I don't want these types of adds on my site if malware isn't the case.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help!

Deleted member 42

You've got malware.

This particular kind is usually easily removed by:

1. Emptying your browser cache.

3. Deleting cookies—make SURE you know your logins for sites you visit.

4. Completely shutting down your computer, and rebooting.

This is kind of problem takes advantage of a couple of different browser weaknesses, but it's especially rife with respect to I.E.

Please consider:

Using another browser for your "everyday" browsing.

NOT running as an Admin; run as an ordinary user and keep an Admin account that you ONLY use to install software or solve problems.

Make sure your anti virus/malware is up to date, and scan at least once a week.

Last edited by a moderator:

magicmint

Registered
Reaction score
Hey,

Yeah it was a terribly evil virus that I could only get rid of by reinstalling windows! Thanks for the tips... I am going to apply them and be more careful.