• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Nelson Literary Agency, LLC (Kristin Nelson)

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I just got one, too. But it looks like I'm going to have to use another computer to send it. I can't get the form to accept my submission :(

Samara Jensen

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the partial requests, Beckstah and Cyia! All good things come to those who wait... :D

GLaDOScore

Registered
Reaction score
Yay, Bekstah and Cyia! Waiting is GOOD. That's what I tell myself, although I'll wish you both a quick full request, if my wishes have any power in this crazy-querying world.

Wildflower90

Registered
Reaction score
CONGRATS!! Yeah, they said on Twitter that the online form was down at the moment :0( I had a problem with it because of the phone number but obvs it's worse than that now! Good luck with getting a full request and keep us posted - both of you!

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
Eek, I got a full request today too! I got the partial request back on 4/4/11 and never expected it to go any further. They had me email the full instead of using their form.

Good luck to all of us!

Samara Jensen

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the full request, Saanen! With all these full requests going on, wouldn't it be good if we all ended up agency mates?! :D

Wildflower90

Registered
Reaction score
That's amazing Saanen!! I wish you luck - which worked for Chocolate Potato lol.

And Samara - yes that'd be a) hilarious and b) really comforting :0) We should put it to Kristin and Sara if any of us get offers lol

GLaDOScore

Registered
Reaction score
That's amazing Saanen!! I wish you luck - which worked for Chocolate Potato lol.

And Samara - yes that'd be a) hilarious and b) really comforting :0) We should put it to Kristin and Sara if any of us get offers lol

I'd be very happy to have ANY of you guys as agency mates. If I get an offer, I'll start a petition (or at least point out how nice you all are--and how supportive, and attractive, and charismatic...okay, I'll stop procrastinating now, and go write). :)

Wildflower90

Registered
Reaction score
Famous last words. Got my rejection for my partial today :0( Sigh. Good luck to the rest of you though!

Wildflower90

Registered
Reaction score
Just realised today as well that it's friday the 13th....so that's what I'll blame it on lol

Samara Jensen

Registered
Reaction score
Awww, sorry to hear that, Wildflower. Do you have any other partials/fulls out there at the moment? If not, keep querying - it only takes one agent to say yes!

Best of luck! :)

GLaDOScore

Registered
Reaction score
Don't give up, Wildflower! I want to buy your book! Like Samara said, you only need that one good match, and if you're brave enough (you're very brave!) and persistent enough, you'll find them. Tell me when you do, so I can buy your book the moment it hits the shelves. In the meantime, keep on reading and writing and noticing stuff and living and doing all those good things writers do!

Wildflower90

Registered
Reaction score
Aww thanks guys, you made me smile through my tears (kidding!) I have two other partials out and I sent out a fresh batch of queries yesterday to the last remaining agents on AgentQuery so fingers crossed!!
:0) Aw thanks Chocolate, if I ever get it published you're getting an autographed copy!! Good luck to the two of you on your fulls, I've got my fingers crossed.

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Awww, I'm sorry Wildflower. Good luck on those other partials!

Samara Jensen

Registered
Reaction score
I have two other partials out and I sent out a fresh batch of queries yesterday to the last remaining agents on AgentQuery so fingers crossed!!

Good luck with those partials and queries! I keep thinking I've sent all the queries I'm going to send, but then I come across literary agents I haven't tried before.

Are you writing YA? If so, you might find it useful to check out the list of YA agents that Sirra Girl made. It's posted on her blog here: http://sirragirl.blogspot.com/2011/05/200-yaadult-agency-list-w-links.html

I'm not sure if all agents (especially UK ones) are listed on AgentQuery. Anyone know for sure?

Wildflower90

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'm still wishing you all luck. No, I don't write YA but you've given me hope that there are yet more agents out there waiting to reject me - kidding :0)

And for newbies looking for stats:

Queried: 4/04/11
Partial Requested: 21/04/11 (sent out 22/04/11)
Rejected: 13/05/11

AntheaL

Mostly Cheerful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.anthealawson.com
Aw, Wildflower, sorry to hear on the pass. Persevere!

And yay to the folks with partials and fulls out! Beckstah, I queried about a week after you did, and am waiting semi-patiently. Looks like I have another week to go, but that kind of turn-around is still super fast in the world of agents~ :)

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
All right, guys, looks like I'll have to put my patience to work again. Yesterday Sara rejected a group of partials sent a few days after mine, but I haven't gotten my own response yet. My submission seemed to go through just fine on their database, so I'll sit on my hands for a bit before I assume something went wrong.

AntheaL

Mostly Cheerful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.anthealawson.com
All right, guys, looks like I'll have to put my patience to work again. Yesterday Sara rejected a group of partials sent a few days after mine, but I haven't gotten my own response yet. My submission seemed to go through just fine on their database, so I'll sit on my hands for a bit before I assume something went wrong.

I'll echo Stormie above, and say that having them hold on to your work is a GOOD thing! Assume they have it and like it. :)

Ooh and speaking of good things, I got a partial request myself today from Kristin and Sara. Woot woot!

I'm assuming BEA will slow things down, though. Time to think of other things. Not pink elephants, nope, not thinking of those...

Wildflower90

Registered
Reaction score
Woohoo AntheaL! Good luck. Just to update you all, I got a partial request today so hopefully things are looking up. :0) Let us know how everything goes!

AntheaL

Mostly Cheerful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.anthealawson.com
Yay to you, too, Wildflower! Isn't it a relief to have a request so soon on the heels of an R? Fingers crossed for all of us with subs out, wherever they might be~