How'd You Find This Site?

LuluAurore

Registered
Reaction score
A friend told me about this place and wouldn't stop bugging me until I signed up on it. After a while, I figured out it was really fun to be on here

letteyv

Registered
Reaction score
Just start a new thread here in the New Members section and the magic will begin. Glad you decided to de-lurk and welcome. :)

Thank you, Jed. Any recommended threads to peruse? What's the best for a barely published SFF/Horror YA writer?

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Someone from a completely unrelated forum mentioned it to me, so I joined. I'm glad I did.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Jed. Any recommended threads to peruse? What's the best for a barely published SFF/Horror YA writer?
We have a SFF forum, Horror forum and a YA forum, all with some great threads and great people. Take a look around and dive in. Good luck. :)

caliph

Registered
Reaction score
I found while googling general writing questions. Absolutewrite popped up a lot, so I decided to check it out further.

bizziq

Registered
Reaction score
I read about the forum in Writer's Digest. Finally decided to join.

Momof2

Registered
Reaction score
I was doing an Internet search on a picture book editor's name and one of the threads returned in the search results. Nso glad I stumbled across it.

EmersonWierda

Here, have a kitten.
Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for a good forum writing site and I stumbled upon this.

I am glad I did.

Dryad

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ShannonKnight.net
I found AW while researching agents. I liked the threads so much that I made sure I checked AW on every agent I was interested in. I've read through the agent-related forums for...years now (*sudden time concept brain explosion*) and I just finally signed up as a real live AW participant as part of my new become-present-on-the-web mission. This is my first post. Hi, everybody!

Aymee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
chunkinggoals.blogspot.com
I actually found these forums listening to an old I Should Be Writing podcast (#167) in which Mur Lafferty is interviewing Jess Haines, who mentioned using this great community for support with her own writing.

Sara by the Sea

plugging away
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.SaraAlva.com
I blame my beta. When he gets fed up with me asking questions, he sends me here.

(just kidding...my beta is the best...and I'm not just saying that b/c he may read this :p)

astrodragon

New Dragon; thinking about coffee
Registered
Reaction score
I Googled "Urban Fantasy Writing" and it came up, so I thought I'd take a look

Buffy871

Registered
Reaction score
I always feel a bit sad that the NaNoWriMo forums die after the even is over. Someone over there said the forums over here are set up somewhat like they are there. I like it here.

redbirdgal

Registered
Reaction score
New to site!

Hello everyone.

I finally completed my fictional novel and asked, "Where do I go from here?"

I have never published anything other than "fun stuff" on my blog and for 3 years I published a 12 page monthly newsletter which wasn't so much fun.

My blog is [email protected]

I am attempting to write a query and look for an agent.

I hope I am on the right track. I am seeking to meet other writers and get professional feedback if possible.

Now I must admit I am a bit frightened with the process.

Thanks for listening...Robin

Never

Registered
Reaction score
Getting started.

I found this site while looking for a way to have others critique the short stories I have.
They are based in a fantasy/sci-fi setting that has been brewing and growing for decades. And I finally believe that I have created a world worthy of being known by others.

kt11347

Registered
Reaction score
Either Writer's Digest, DFW Writers Conference, or maybe both

Hi, everyone. I don't remember where I heard of this site, first. Most likely, it was in Writer's Digest, but I also heard it mentioned during some DFW Writers Conference presentations.

My WIP is a murder mystery (for mainly women) called By Her Daughter's Hands. I was actually looking for murder-by-remote ideas (where the perp doesn't even have to be on-site to "off" the victim. Any ideas?

I presently maintain a blog. http://kimwriter.wordpress.com/ Check it out and enjoy!

BBBurke

Along for the ride
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blairbburke.com
I think I first saw this site through links on query tracker. It's proved quite useful for agent feedback and now I'm glad to join the forum, to take more advantage of all the helpful folks here.

Youko Alicia

Registered
Reaction score
I was on the NaNoWriMo site and somebody was trying to figure out how to get people to read their writing and critique or something. Someone suggested coming here. I was curious so I came and looked around. And I'm glad I did. It got me started on a new project. :)

jmare

My own worst enemy
Registered
Reaction score
I was tooling around on Yahoo Answers and somebody asked for a good writing forum. Somebody answered with AW and I checked it out. So far it seems a lot more active than the writer's digest forums. So hopefully this will be a good place for me. Assuming I ever tune out the siren call of the internet and actually write something.

Nekko

Back to purring
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gericopitch.com
Hi - I was doing the Google thing looking for ways to discuss time in medieval times and one of the hits was a AW forum thread. Found the info very interesting and decided to join.

The last forum I run across seemed populated by less sophisticated writers, yes, that's the way I'll put it...