• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

D4EO Literary Agency (formerly D4EO Literary Partners) (Robert Diforio)

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
3/24: E/query Sent to Bree
5/27: Request for full (sent same day)
7/7: Email stating she was seriously considering my manuscript (!!!)
7/10: Email asking if we could talk on the phone (!!!!!!!!)
7/16: Offer of Representation!
WHOO-HOO! **happy-dance for you**

AmyMarie

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I ultimately decided to sign with Michele Rubin of Writers House, but Bree is awesome. I would totally work with her in the future, given the chance. I highly recommend her!

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
For anyone waiting to hear from Mandy, she tweeted yesterday that if she has your full, she promises to get back to you by the end of August. Today she tweeted how many fulls she has - I think it was seven from the slush and three by referral.

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
Apparently one of the agents at D4EO has just joined entangled (A mostly e-publisher) as a publicist.

http://agentbree.wordpress.com/

I won't comment about whether this is good or bad since I don't feel I'd know enough to do so. Just thought I'd post for others to know and make their own decision.

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
I've been waiting to hear on a full from Mandy since 5/10 and just heard not from Mandy but from Kristin Miller - Mandy had apparently passed my manuscript on to her. Kristin passed with compliments. But just posting for those wondering when they might hear from Mandy (or someone connected to her).

UPDATE: Mandy just emailed me personally to let me know she had passed my manuscript along. She said she almost never does that but went on to compliment what she liked about my work. (No reason for why it wasn't a good fit for her.) Anyway, she invited me to query her with my next project, which I've actually just started querying. So, off to email her back ...

Last edited:

IrisFlower81

Flower Girl
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Bree Ogden on 7/30 and just got a request for a full. I don't know if that's the norm or not, but at this moment I don't care.

Good luck to everyone who's waiting! I have a feeling I'll be in for quite a wait myself.

BethanyCM

Something clever here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bethanycmorrow.com
Just wondering if others received Bree's full request via her executive assistant, Surbhi Patel? (It's got to be the friendliest request letter or at least among the friendliest.)

IrisFlower81

Flower Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Bethany: I did. At first I didn't realize who the email was from, but when I figured it out, I was thrilled.

And yes, it was a super friendly request letter. :)

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
Wonder, I just queried her. I'll keep you posted.

And I just got her R :(

Last edited:

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
You can drive yourself crazy trying to read between the lines of rejection letters. All this one means is "No thanks." Unless a rejection asks for a rewrite, all they ever really mean is "No thanks."

Don't resubmit the same novel to this agent. If had wished to see it again at a later date, he would have said so.
I got one that said "I think you are a strong writer but I just didn't buy the premise." It definitely meant "no" but I had to wonder if an agent would say "I think you are a strong writer" just to be nice? (This wasn't from Bob) Anyway I liked it!

melnve

Registered
Reaction score
I queried the new agent Samantha Dighton on Dec 1, and she sent me a lovely, enthusiastic request for a full today (the 5th) saying she was intrigued by my first pages. I sent it straight away and was rewarded with a friendly confirmation of receipt saying she was excited to read it. She seems like such a nice person, I hope she loves it! I highly recommend dropping her a query.

TexasTraveler

Registered
Reaction score
Hi. I have been reading through these forms for the past six months and now just got the courage to start posting. Wanted to say, I queried Mandy Hubbard on 1/4 and got a request for the full the very next day. From what I've been reading she would be a great agent to work with and knows a thing or two about the business.

Last edited:

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
Nudged Mandy after 14 weeks and got a rejection on my full. Ouch. At least I know now, though.

eward

Registered
Reaction score
Website
openpresencenow.com
I sent my first query letter out today! And got my first rejection :p

Queried Mandy 3/26/13 and got a form rejection a couple hours later. YA Urban Fantasy.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Mandy requested my query and first 5pages off a Twitter contest called Pitmad (March 29). I explained in my query that Bree Ogden already had the full.
Expected an R simply because, well...yeah it's a little unheard of for two agents at the same agency to have the same ms. :)
My surprise, April 9, Bree passed on the ms and Mandy asked for the full.
:snoopy:

Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score
Mandy requested my query and first 5pages off a Twitter contest called Pitmad (March 29). I explained in my query that Bree Ogden already had the full.
Expected an R simply because, well...yeah it's a little unheard of for two agents at the same agency to have the same ms. :)
My surprise, April 9, Bree passed on the ms and Mandy asked for the full.
:snoopy:

What is Mandy's response time to queries? I sent her a query on April 6, and I don't see any response time specifications on their website.

ETA - Never mind, I found it. :)

Last edited: