I'm stuck. Ugh.

It doesn't help that I don't feel well.

ETA: Going to bed.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
G'night Lisa! :hi:

And Ashley - yes I can listen to music. For me, I listen to it on repeat, repeat, repeat so it just becomes 'background' :)

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Lisa!

I'm about 12-15K from finishing my novel. I think. My girls only have 11 days left of school and the last two are 1/2 days so I REALLYYYYYYYYY want to finish this first draft before school ends!!!!!!!

ETA: Curse Dean and Sam! They are such a terrible distraction to my nighttime writing!!!! (But God are they hot and man, do I love that show like there is no tomorrow)

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
What are the 80s??

How's the writing going, Mel? I FINALLY finished this stupid scene. Only took me a few hours. Grr.

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
*high fives Smiley*

I just finished my beta duties for a fellow AW-er. Husband is putting daughter to bed. I'm thinking about driving out to Sonic for a treat, and watching some Downton Abbey on Netflix before chugging Nyquil and passing out at 10. Ah the glamorous life of the suburban stay-at-home-Mom/aspiring writer :)

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
*high fives you back*

(How did you know I am a high-fiver? :ROFL:)

Sounds like a good plan to me.
I'm being a secret 12 year old and watching some Disney Channel movie about a geek filming the most popular girl at school. A girl who stopped by our local indie bookstore said she wanted to read the book but couldn't remember the name (Geek something...) and now I realize it is this movie (based on the book) - Geek Charming :)

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
*high fives Smiley*

I just finished my beta duties for a fellow AW-er. Husband is putting daughter to bed. I'm thinking about driving out to Sonic for a treat, and watching some Downton Abbey on Netflix before chugging Nyquil and passing out at 10. Ah the glamorous life of the suburban stay-at-home-Mom/aspiring writer :)

bwahahahahaha!!! that sounds like a positively awesome night to me. except i'd be watching supernatural instead of DA. How did I ever live w/out Netflix? it's like trying to remember what life was like before cell phones or...THE INTERNET!

I have a beta project i'm working on now too. i'll probably work on that for a bit and then watch some supernatural or another netflix horror movie. :) I'll leave writing for tomorrow when my brain is fresherishisher (<--makin' my own words, yo!)

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
*high fives you back*

(How did you know I am a high-fiver? :ROFL:)

Sounds like a good plan to me.
I'm being a secret 12 year old and watching some Disney Channel movie about a geek filming the most popular girl at school. A girl who stopped by our local indie bookstore said she wanted to read the book but couldn't remember the name (Geek something...) and now I realize it is this movie (based on the book) - Geek Charming :)

Haha! I love virtual high fives :D

And we watch a lot of made for TV Disney movies around here, but I haven't seen that one yet. My 3 y/o daughter loves movies made for teen girls for some reason. And Barney. Ugh.

bwahahahahaha!!! that sounds like a positively awesome night to me. except i'd be watching supernatural instead of DA. How did I ever live w/out Netflix? it's like trying to remember what life was like before cell phones or...THE INTERNET!

I have a beta project i'm working on now too. i'll probably work on that for a bit and then watch some supernatural or another netflix horror movie. :) I'll leave writing for tomorrow when my brain is fresherishisher (<--makin' my own words, yo!)

I know right? Netflix FTW! We actually just got rid of our AT&T Uverse service and went cable/satellite free, and haven't missed it at all after investing in a Roku box for Netflix and an HD antenna for local channels.

And I love the new word ;)

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
we still have our cable (unfortunately) but we cancelled all movie channels when we got Netflix a few years ago and our Roku box all of which was a gift from my dad. We plan on moving next year so it doesn't pay for us to get rid of cable and go to satellite. We wanted to get Verizon (Fios) cable which is fairly new to Long Island (NY) but unfortunately, our town hasn't allowed them to be in because Cablevision freaking owns most of LI and have a nice little monopoly going where cable is concerned. I was so enraged by this I was going to call our local newspaper for them to do a story on it and how unfair it is to deny LI customers the chance to choose what cable comapany we want, but guess who owns that newspaper? Yup. freaking Cablevision. Fios has a much more affordable deal. Write now we pay almost $200/mo for phone/cable/internet and we don't even have any movie channels. Nice, hey?

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
GC is actually a decent movie about popular girl who is more than she seems (smart, likes sci fi but hides all of her intelligence to play 'dumb' popular girl) and then there is cute Film Geek guy :)

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and I'm totally hooked on iCarly! :D That show makes me laugh so hard. I keep trying to get my 6 year old girls into it, but they're only meh about it. sigh. they do like Fred, but i can only handle him for so long.

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
I don't watch much Disney or Nick anymore (besides the fact I'm 23 & have no children nor do I babysit etc) but tonight literally nothing was on that I wanted to watch so I settled for DC movie. :)

Oh, btw guys...I'm going to be away for the next 4 days, apartment hunting. So {{hugs}} I'll miss the boards *sniff*

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
There's nothing on where I am either. So I'm watching re-runs of Friends on Nick at Nite and it make me feel old. Although the neighbor is shooting off fireworks for some odd reason so I watched those for a while.

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
Gak! I lost my post. Grrr.

We cancelled cable a month or two ago and have been watching Malcolm in the Middle for the last few months. I hated that show when it was on. Now I have three sons and it is infinitely more funny.

I miss Mad Men. I have been watching clips online of the new season. So sad! I don't even WANT to know about the new True Blood series until next year.

Congrats on the word counts. It is great to have those milestones to pass. I would like to write a really wordy novel, with many subplots and character development. Something they would call "rich." That will not happen with my current WIP. Maybe the next one.

Funny thing, I was sitting in a committee meeting tonight and we were talking about a Little Free Library. There is some event where LFL wants celebrities. I was trying to think of some best selling authors I might know, and the committee suggested me. LOL. My book isn't even OUT yet and is published by a small press. I don't feel like a proper celebrity, but they all thought I was.

Nice to bask for a moment in the sun. There is no way my publisher will pay for those donated copies. I'll have to buy them at my author's discount. That sucks.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Jill, that is awesome! And hey, it's publicity for you and for your book so it's totally worth it! The more people you can get your book in the hands of the better. Not sure how old you are but there used to be the Faberge shampoo commercial "I told two friends, and she told two friends, and so on, and so on, and so on." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcskckuosxQ

Anyway, any exposure is great exposure and can't hurt. :)

True Blood's last season is FINALLY coming to Netflix. I hope to start seeing it soon! I cannot believe how long it's been since I saw the last season. I used to order HBO just for the show and then cancel it when it was over, but we've stopped doing that. It's not worth $10/mo and I have so many other things to watch while we wait. Dexter however, that wait has nearly KILLED me and my husband. I'm waiting for that sucker to come out on DVD so we can buy it. It's our favorite show.

Last edited:

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
Have fun, Smiley! I actually love apt/house hunting.

Oh, and I'm totally hooked on iCarly! :D That show makes me laugh so hard. I keep trying to get my 6 year old girls into it, but they're only meh about it. sigh. they do like Fred, but i can only handle him for so long.

That was my daughter's gateway drug into the nick/Disney tween shows. She started loving it at around 18mo old. My theory was that they yelled and flailed around a lot, and that was what attracted her, but she has pretty much laughed at appropriate moments ever since she discovered it. Weird.

We cancelled cable a month or two ago and have been watching Malcolm in the Middle for the last few months. I hated that show when it was on. Now I have three sons and it is infinitely more funny. .

I freakin' love that show. I think my favorite episode was the one where the Mom spends the whole time thinking that the Dad doesn't love her any more for whatever reason, and when she confronts him, he says something like "are you kidding? If you loved me as much as I loved you, we would never leave the bedroom!"

True Blood's last season is FINALLY coming to Netflix. I hope to start seeing it soon! I cannot believe how long it's been since I saw the last season. I used to order HBO just for the show and then cancel it when it was over, but we've stopped doing that. It's not worth $10/mo and I have so many other things to watch while we wait. Dexter however, that wait has nearly KILLED me and my husband. I'm waiting for that sucker to come out on DVD so we can buy it. It's our favorite show.

What?! TB is coming to Netflix? Streaming or DVD only?

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
@justbishop--dvd only. :( But i'm signed up for the 2 dvd plan, so we can keep them on rotation. It just became available and are at top at the top of my queue. It doesn't even say long wait!! I might have to return the two unwatched movies I have and get them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.