Is there anyone more passionate than Michael Bolton?

quickWit

Totally Ninja!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure cray will be along any minute with the obligatory Hoff links/gifs/photos to refute your claims, bilbo.

bilbo1975

Banned
Reaction score
Nonetheless, there's none more passionate than Bolton!

"STEEL BARS WRAPPED ALL AROUND ME! I'VE BEEN YOUR PRISONER SINCE THE DAY YOU FOUND ME!"

I'm dancing around my living room, singing it out loud, my mind adrift on a cumulus pillow of gasified braincells!

Long live Michael Bolton!

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Moving this one to the Music forum from Office Party.

You will note, Bilbo, that this is the second discussion of yours I've had to move today. Please try to learn better the appropriate forums for your topics before starting threads on AW in the future.

bilbo1975

Banned
Reaction score
Moving this one to the Music forum from Office Party.

You will note, Bilbo, that this is the second discussion of yours I've had to move today. Please try to learn better the appropriate forums for your topics before starting threads on AW in the future.

I apologise, and will heed your AW wisdom, Silver King!

TimSenese

Registered
Reaction score
Well, at least your name isn't Michael Bolton. There *was* nothing wrong with it... until I was about twelve years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.

Al Stevens

Registered
Reaction score
A friend of mine plays in Bolton's orchestra. He has nothing but good things to say about MB, both professionally and personally.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bolton Blows

I have a friend who plays in Michael Bolton's band and she says he's a good guy. Maybe so, but for his blasphemous bastardization of Percy Sledge's "When A Man Loves A Woman" he will always have a high place on my Shit List.

I cannot stand people who bite off another artist and then do not have the class to be gracious about it.

In 1989 Sledge became the first recipient of the R&B Foundation’s Career Achievement Award. The singer was also in the news in early 1992 when popular ballad crooner Michael Bolton, often criticized for straining to emulate the vocal styles of African American singers, won a Grammy Award for his cover of “When a Man Loves a Woman.” Bolton, in his elation over the award, never once mentioned the man who originally made the song famous. Bolton was pilloried in the press for the oversight and made a point to express gratitude to Sledge in subsequent interviews as well as in a letter to him. Bolton wrote, “I have always felt that your performance was the element that made a great song a truly classic record and a standard.”

Hey, that's great, Mike. But fuck your after-the-fact, backhanded "compliment." What about a nice royalty check?

Michael Bolton. What a flaming asshole. :e2moon: