Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Gonna sleep on it, but unless something changes, it's gonna be Vincent Morrone. I know, very anti-climatic!!

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
According to reports, we've got about an inch of snow out there and it's started sleeting.

I really really hope that the roads are clear by 6:30 when I get off, even though it's Saturday.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Heya!

I'm home. Finally. :D

There was about a 1/2" of ice covering my car this morning. Took about 20 minutes to get the car heated enough so I didn't break my snow scrapper while chipping the ice off. It was still pitch black and reports were that the road between work and home was getting hit with another dose of freezing rain.

So I went to one of the restaurants on the other side of the parking lot, had a long, leisurely breakfast, wrote up notes for the Fantasy Police Procedural MIP-to-be, and waited for sunrise, hoping that trucks would be out and take care of the roads.

My plan worked. The actual drive home took only 10 minutes longer than normal and wasn't bad until I got off the main and secondary roads and got into my subdivision. Fortunately, I'd already scoped out the least-hilly route, so there was no problem getting up or down any of the hills.

Life is good. Just changed my sheets, so sleep is going to be pretty sweet very soon. :D

Hope everyone else in the path of that storm is doing OK.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
* is still tempted to say "Evening!" since I'm looking at going to bed in the next little bit. LOL!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah - I just got up, fell asleep earlier than normal last night. At least for me.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
That happens, one with age, two with getting used to getting up at a certain time.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's healthier if you can establish a steady sleep cycle and not disrupt it on days off, or even vacation.

See, you're already on your way to a healthier new year, Brian. ;)

Just think of all the writing you can get done on the weekend, if you get at it that early. Especially if the Missus isn't up to distract you.

Brian_G

Sir Brian the Fabulous!
Registered
Reaction score
Illinois, where our governors make our license pla
She's got up before me... of course that's because she has to work today.

Unfortunately, I'm haven't got any writing done so far. I've been reformatting an old laptop I had lying around to use for some experimentation without screwing up anything on my main computer.

Brian_G

Sir Brian the Fabulous!
Registered
Reaction score
ah gotcha. I really do need to get some writing done soon though. I'm really liking the direction my current WIP is going, and I have enough ideas for the characters, that I could turn it into a series.

That, and so far, it is one of the few things I've written that I don't think is crap.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's always nice when that happens--when you know something isn't crap, I mean. All the ideas and stuff are good too. :D

I wrote up a bunch of world notes for the future book, fleshing out the world of the short story so it can support at least one novel, perhaps a series. I'm liking what I've got so far.

And it's about bedtime. I'll see peoples later! Have a good day.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Unfortunately, I'm haven't got any writing done so far. I've been reformatting an old laptop I had lying around to use for some experimentation without screwing up anything on my main computer.

Sounds like a fancy way of saying you're looking for bow chicca bowwow vids.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
I had a really, what I thought of, great idea for a MS that I'd started. But I wasn't crazy about how it was coming.

Hate when that happens.

Actually, I have ideas for different stories coming out of my wazoo. The execution is the issue.

Brian_G

Sir Brian the Fabulous!
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like a fancy way of saying you're looking for bow chicca bowwow vids.
No. There are much easier ways of doing that without fear (i.e. sandbox your browser).

I'm actually experimenting with different remote access programs and things like that, that I really don't want on my main computer, until I know how they work.

Status
Not open for further replies.