Florida Writers Association

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie Stone

lost in the TVTropes.org jungle...
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone more recently than 2007 had any experience with the FWA? I looked at their website and it seems like they've got a bunch of meeting groups but I've never been in any kind of writing group and it sounds intimidating!

jacquiegum

Author
Registered
Reaction score
Jamie, I am in Ft lauderdale and have never been able to find a writers group close by here in Florida. Sorry... I went to a meet up writer's group and it wasn't a great experience. If you find any, let me know

wavy3

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
*bumpity bump*

Ha. I'm in Orlando. Haven't tried any writers groups.

J.W. Alden

The King Who Bore the Sword
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I'm in PBC, I just joined the FWA yesterday. I might try to make it out to the conference this year, depending on moolah.

Lyra Jean

Two years old now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beyondtourism.wordpress.com
Found one in Boca woo hoo! That's where I live. I think I know where that library is too.

Thanks for the link. Now I'm going to try and get something written in time for a critique. They only meet once a month instead of once a week so nice time.

I attended one that met once a week but didn't have time to write anything substantial as I was working full time and going to school.

c.tyler

What was i saying? OH, yeah....
Registered
Reaction score
Shout out from Crestview...aka Lower Alabama.

Steve Coate

Registered
Reaction score
Website
coaterack.blogspot.com
Jamie, I am in Ft lauderdale and have never been able to find a writers group close by here in Florida. Sorry... I went to a meet up writer's group and it wasn't a great experience. If you find any, let me know

Haven't attended this FTL group, but I see to it the group gets a notice in the paper from time to time. Fun Fact: They used to meet at Borders before it went out of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.