The Tenth Circle

HappyCamper

I lurk, therefore I am
Registered
Reaction score
No second book in my contract, just an option (which I understand is pretty standard -- they reserve the right to look at my second book before anyone else). My agent, however, wants to strike while the iron is hot, and I'm game. I've submitted a few ideas and am awaiting his feedback. A great distraction while we wait for the next round of edits.

Oh, the waiting! A writer's bane. :D

Same here. I'm working on my new WIP now. :)

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Well done, minions of Circle X. :)
Did an agency e-query for script #1. Next weekend, do the snail mail run. I've already done prodcos so this is going to be it for this baby. Do or die.
But I get to start over with script #2, and #3, and #4, and so on, until dead.

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
Slightly weird thing happened, so I thought I would post it here to make others aware: I posted something on an LJ site and a blogger copied my post (it was about my cover) and posted it on her site without saying where it came from or that it was just a copy. Some of the people commenting seemed to think she had interviewed me, or that my book blurb I posted on the original site was a review by the blogger. It was all fine, because it was very positive and PR is good, but it just shocked me to see that. I wasn't aware that bloggers copied those sorts of things. I guess Google Alerts may give me more information than I want!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I sent the revised climactic chapters to The Editor last night. Needed to be dong something onscreen rather than hard copy. Now waiting for her to say if I'm headed in the right direction. The team wanted me to tone those 2 chapters way back. My biggest problem when typing them in was the progression of how the MC's legs went numb in the scissor-hold the bad guy had her trapped in. :rolleyes: At the first pass, she went from "How will I get away if my legs go numb" to her legs completely without feeling. :tongue

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
My biggest problem when typing them in was the progression of how the MC's legs went numb in the scissor-hold the bad guy had her trapped in. :rolleyes: At the first pass, she went from "How will I get away if my legs go numb" to her legs completely without feeling. :tongue

And this is toning back? :ROFL:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Trust me. I deleted mention of nipples, slimy... junk... and a few other things.

What can I say? My bad guy is into sex as power. And cutting out his vic's heart and noshing on it. (No, it doesn't get to that. :))

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Our Lily's got a twisted little mind. ;)

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
Here's a 'what I learned' post.

I've realized through the editorial/copy editing process, it's too easy just to focus on making the changes other people want you to make. I should have taken one last read through before I sent back the copy edits to see if I could find anything that needed to be changed. I'll know next time.

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Yep, Melia speaks truly! Luckily my editor reminded me of that as well. She even called the galley proofs my last chance to make changes that I wanted. I heart my editor.

HappyCamper

I lurk, therefore I am
Registered
Reaction score
Here's a 'what I learned' post.

I've realized through the editorial/copy editing process, it's too easy just to focus on making the changes other people want you to make. I should have taken one last read through before I sent back the copy edits to see if I could find anything that needed to be changed. I'll know next time.

Very helpful! Thanks for sharing. :)

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
I've also realized different houses do things different ways. I was amazed that HC prints ARCs from the copyedited version, not the corrected galleys. I think some places print from the corrected galleys. Someone else may know this.

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
My ARC says "uncorrected" but it actually is the corrected galleys. Er, I think. Oh, yes, they are, because the heroine's footwear discrepancy is fixed.

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
And not only corrected from the galleys, corrected again after the proofreader's questions -- I see a line here that I changed AFTER I sent in the galleys, from Shanghai!

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
Got an e-mail from The Editor saying that my book is going to be included in a sampler of excerpts that they hand out at conventions (like SDCC for example). I'm excited about this!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Woo-hoo, Tas!

The Editor likes how I've cut the climactic 2 chapters, but she wants me to dial it back even more. :eek: I told her that the bad guy says she's cramping his evilness, and she said to tell him not to mess with The Editor. (Capped like that, too. :D)

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
I think I like Your Editor, Lily. (not to be confused with My Editor. ;) )