The Next Circle of Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinta

Registered
Reaction score
I am in the waiting-to-hear-back-from-agent-after-revising-in-the-middle-of-submission category. I know for sure wordwrestler and Kellion are in this category. There might be others too in this thread.

My agent says she'll get back to me in the next couple of weeks. Assuming there won't be any more changes recommended( gee, I love my book, but I am so done with it), I wonder if there is still time left to go ahead and submit before the summer hiatus starts.

Also wondering if agents will simply decide to wait for fall to do so in any case. Fine with me either way but would love to know so I can direct my neuroses accordingly.

Wordwrestler

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Fine with me either way but would love to know so I can direct my neuroses accordingly.

Haha! This I understand completely. My agent says people start to disappear in July and August. But last I heard we were going out when it's ready, even if it's July or August.

Dawn Schaefer

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I have a shiny new website :) I grew tired of my blog and wanted something more substantial.

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
I'm late to this conversation, but FWIW I like to hear my agent's feedback every step of the way, so I bounced say 7 or 8 ideas off of her, she gave me the green light on 2. I wrote and sent her the first 30 pages, she said she just loved it *grin* so when I do another 30-50 pages I'll send those on to her and see what she says. I do enjoy having my hand held a little :)

I agree, though, that it depends on the writer/agent relationship etc

And high school was hell. Pure hell! I loved undergrad though and loved doing my masters degree that much more

Lucy

sky with diamonds
Registered
Reaction score
Haha! This I understand completely. My agent says people start to disappear in July and August. But last I heard we were going out when it's ready, even if it's July or August.

I am not sure I can generalize about this, but my agent and the pubs he works with are around during the summer months. They don't really disappear anymore; they just work fewer hours in the office. YMMV.

Dawn Schaefer

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Whatchya doing Saturday? It's world cup day over here. We may try to wrangle something together.

houndrat

Pulsating Whatnots Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.houndrat.com
I guess I'm one of the minority who actually liked high school, but I also LOVED college! :D And boo, Dawn--I want to come too, but you're a wee bit too far ;)

Wordwrestler

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I am not sure I can generalize about this, but my agent and the pubs he works with are around during the summer months. They don't really disappear anymore; they just work fewer hours in the office. YMMV.

Didn't mean to imply that everyone is gone for two months, just that those two months are when people tend to take their vacations, which I'm sure are more like a week or two long. Which is why there will still be people around to go out to.

inkspatters

The coordinates keep changing...
Registered
Reaction score
I don't hate high school, in fact it's been quite lovely for me. Awesome friends have made it all okay. It's just gotten really, really boring now. I want to graduate already, you know?

Got to make it until November 2nd. Then I can party, haha :)

Wordwrestler

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
My guess is that in Australia, with the seasons all backwards (or forwards, depending on the perspective) that's when school's out.

inkspatters

The coordinates keep changing...
Registered
Reaction score
That's the date of my final exam. I technically finish school about a month before that, but only seniors finish then :) Most kids get out on the 16th of December.

Also, I've begun stalking editors' tweets. I think I need to learn how to not obsess.

Last edited:

RhiannonFrater

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rhiannonfrater.blogspot.com
Hey,all!

Trying to catch up with all the posts.

I've been hunkered down finishing my latest novel for a small press. I'm very excited to be in the final stretch and the novel should be out soon. I see it as a gift to the publisher, who became a friend due to my As The World Dies series. He has a very popular podcast and a publishing house. I told him about the story over the phone and he wanted it immediately. I responded it was his and send the contract.

I've had a blast writing it. It's a zombie tale about kids facing the zombocalypse and the youngest is 3 and the oldest is 14. I'm dedicating it to my zombie-crazed nieces and nephews.

Now that the major book fairs are behind her, my agent is ready to discuss the next step in my publishing career. I'm very excited to share with her some of my wips and ideas for future books.

Anyway, I have my fingers crossed that the damn will burst and that soon everyone will be getting some good news.

bluerose

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Rhiannon, seems your post did the trick, because this morning the dam of silence finally burst for me (or is it "that damn silence"? ;))...and the news, it is good! Cannot give details on public forum, but let's just say I'm feeling much, much happier today. :hooray:

RhiannonFrater

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rhiannonfrater.blogspot.com
Hey Rhiannon, seems your post did the trick, because this morning the dam of silence finally burst for me (or is it "that damn silence"? ;))...and the news, it is good! Cannot give details on public forum, but let's just say I'm feeling much, much happier today. :hooray:

THAT IS SO AWESOME!!! CONGRATS!!! I went through the whole "holding my tongue" scenario, too! I almost died from biting my tongue so much!

CONGRATS!!! CONGRATS!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!:hooray::snoopy::partyguy:

Status
Not open for further replies.