A Life of Crime and Chocolate

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
I am so lucky to be sitting here and typing. In fact, I am lucky to be alive. I was driving home and was on the outskirts of the town nearest where I live. I had started to slow down as the speed limit is 30mph and I was approaching a nasty bend. A car came round the bend on the wrong side of the road and hit my little car! The impact was fearsome. The car lurched as it hit the hedge, bounced off and headed onto the wrong side of the road. None of which I could see as the air bags had done their job and filled the car with smoke! I could not get out of the drivers door so scrabbled over the passenger seat and clambered out. A man was coming towards me talking into his mobile phone and he helped me to stand up. Soooo.... I am shaken, bruised and achy but OK. The man that caused the accident had looked at his radio to change stations and powkaabooom! He was in tears when he realized how lucky we both were. The bad news is that he has written off both our cars.

Now for the really weird part. The driver from the car behind the one behind me came to see if there was anything they could do to help. He was an ex-colleagues that I had not seen for nearly six years. I've changed my hair colour and he did not recognize me at first when he did it was a jaw dropping moment. His passenger was also an ex-colleague and they really looked after me. But it was weird. When I first saw him I thought I was concussed.

Gawd, Shakesbear, so happy to hear that you're okay!! What a horrible thing to have happen, but glad it was not worse!

Jonathan Figaro

Registered
Reaction score
*passes out chocolate* My life? Hmmm. I'm going on a camping trip tomorrow. I just began the novel that I have spent so much time planning and I'm really happy with the opening. I tweaked a few elements and it seems pretty unique.

Thanks for the chocolate fine fellow. I've never been camping and I've never planned writing a novel. It just happened.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
My gosh Shakesbear, so glad you're OK. Awful about the car though, but how strange with your ex colleagues! You know if you wrote that in a book you'd be told it was unbelievable, right? But really glad you weren't hurt.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Shakes! Good heavens, dear, don't do that again! I'm not sure my heart can take it. Thank God you're okay. No one was hurt then? Just the poor cars. Wow. I bet that was the most frightening thing EVer. :Hug2: So glad you're okay.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Holly molly Shakes.
Thank god for airbags hey. So glad you are okay, cars can be replaced people cant!

Hope your not too sore, and recover well.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the good thoughts. It is 03.34 I am achy and the bruises are hurting. The ones I have across my breasts from the seat belt are spectacular and very sore. It took me about ten minutes to get out of bed - I think I must have banged my knee because it has the beginnings of a colourful bruise on it. I know that the other driver cut his hand and he was very shaken. Family and friends I spoke to think he may be charged by the police.

Talking about the police, the two officers that attended the accident were so professional and kind. It was a real experience for me - I was breathalysed, cautioned and one or two other things that I had no knowledge or experience of. It was exciting in a perverse way!

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
I feel your pain with the seat belt boob pain. I was in an accident a few years ago and had seatbelt burn across my chest - that'll teach me to wear shirts that show WAY too much skin.

I imagine for the next couple of days you're going to discover bruises appear in places you never thought you injured.

I hope you heal quickly and without too much discomfort.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, shakesbear, what a frightening thing to have happened.

So glad you're okay.:Hug2:

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
SB: I'm so glad to hear you're alright! Thank goodness for coincidence. It's always nice to have a friend or two looking out for you after you've had your bell rung like that. I was in a bad accident once and it's a scary thing.

It's amazing how your body takes a day or so to decide, "Oh yeah, I think I'll ache here too!" :D

I suppose you can use this as an excuse to get some of the three R's: Resting, Relaxing, and 'Riting. ;)

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
SB: I'm so glad to hear you're alright! Thank goodness for coincidence. It's always nice to have a friend or two looking out for you after you've had your bell rung like that. I was in a bad accident once and it's a scary thing.

It's amazing how your body takes a day or so to decide, "Oh yeah, I think I'll ache here too!" :D

I suppose you can use this as an excuse to get some of the three R's: Resting, Relaxing, and 'Riting. ;)

How'd you guess?

About the body deciding - it may try but I won't allow it. If it wants to ache do it now and get it over with.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Gentle (((hugs))) to Shakes. Sounds like it'll be a while before you're back to speed. I am so grateful you're okay!

This morning I dropped my parents at the airport. :( They're sprinting north to see my Grammy, who's in the hospital. We're waiting for some kind of a diagnosis (other than "You're 95, you know?" :tongue).

Also, the girl is sick. Fever, shakes, throat, the whole bit. ::sigh:: When it rains...

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Gentle (((hugs))) to Shakes. Sounds like it'll be a while before you're back to speed. I am so grateful you're okay!

This morning I dropped my parents at the airport. :( They're sprinting north to see my Grammy, who's in the hospital. We're waiting for some kind of a diagnosis (other than "You're 95, you know?" :tongue).

Also, the girl is sick. Fever, shakes, throat, the whole bit. ::sigh:: When it rains...

Thanks HJ.

Hope it is good about your Grammy and that the girl child recovers quickly.

Saw the doc this morning. He was somewhat startled by the bruising I have. Feeling a bit wobbly at times, but am ok. I miss seeing my little car sitting at the front of the house. sigh ...

MarkEsq

Clever title pending.
Registered
Reaction score
In the wilds of Texas. Actually, the liberal oasi

Likewise, Shakes, how awful. So glad you're okay.

I read that as "dropped my pants at the airport"... But there I go making jokes at a bad time. Hugs, HJ.

Fine, more hugs then.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
French Maiden - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. The only thing worse than losing a pet is never to have known the joy a pet can bring. Be patient with yourself. The sadness does fade in time and only the good memories will remain. I hope you find another doggie soon - all that love has to go somewhere, right? :)

ShakesBear - thank goodness you are alright. What a really nasty thing to have to go through. I hope you're well and truly on the mend (though it can take a while to get over the shock).

*sends Arnica and chocolate* Don't eat the Arnica. :)

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Gaild, Arnica and chocolate. I think I might need a gallon of Arnica. Two gallons of chocolate.

Thanks Mark.

HJ hope things are going well with you, lots of hugs.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Gaild.
Preying that I dont jinx myself but...

I sent an application to a Maltese breeder last night. 2 of her bitches had puppes on the 17th (3 days before Dash died). In total there are 5 girls and 2 boys.
I'm hoping for a little girl. They are pure bread pups with papers.
http://www.alrichmaltese.com I'm hoping for a puppy from Sweetpea and Smidge. They are only an hour and a half from where I live, which is fantastic as I was going to have to get one flown over from the eastern states which was not only more costly, but added uneeded stresses to the pup.

I'm going to be paying about $1600 for my new baby.

Heres hoping my application will be accepted.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
It has been 7 days since my Dashy left me.
A whole week. Last week at this time I was bawling myself to sleep, I had spent the whole day in missery knowing that I would be facing a decision I never wish on anyone.

Today one whole week later I have felt true happiness. I thought it would be a long time since I felt this.
Last night I applied for a Maltese puppy.
This morning I got a promising E-mail.

And tonight I got accepted!!! I'm going to have a new puppy a brand new baby Maltese. She is 11 days old :)

The breeder is ringing me tomorrow to discuss deposits. I am so happy I could cry.

I just had to share this with everyone. It's so hard to keep it inside.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
*sends Arnica and chocolate* Don't eat the Arnica. :)

::Googles Arnica::

A whole week. Last week at this time I was bawling myself to sleep, I had spent the whole day in missery knowing that I would be facing a decision I never wish on anyone.

Today one whole week later I have felt true happiness. I thought it would be a long time since I felt this.

And tonight I got accepted!!! I'm going to have a new puppy a brand new baby Maltese. She is 11 days old :)

The breeder is ringing me tomorrow to discuss deposits. I am so happy I could cry.

Blessings to you and the new baby. :) Do you have a name yet?

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
I am so happy for you French Maiden. Lots of cyber hugs and doggie bones heading your way.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Shakes and HJ.
I'm so excited its ten to one in the morning, but I cant sleep I'm too excited.

I told the breeder I would prefer a female but I'd be happy with a male.
If it's a girl she will be called either Lulu or Charm although I am more inclined to call her Charm. If I get a boy he will be called Sawyer.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I am so happy for you, French Maiden.

May Charm (or Sawyer) bring lots of happiness to your home.:Hug2:

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
A baby girl called Charm, she is 9 days old. She was born on the day that Dashy died - I'm taking that as a sign that it's meant to be.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
French Maiden I think you are right to take that as a sign. How long will it be before you can take Charm home?