The Daily Rejection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hathor

Goddess of Rationalization
Registered
Reaction score
Hubs told me at dinner that the 30th anniversary (ours is Monday) is either pearl or diamond.

Then he asked what I was getting him.

I told him a nice earring. We wouldn't tell the kids or the other relatives. We'd just wait until they noticed. "Oh, this old thing? I've had it for at least 20 years!"

Now I wonder if I'm going to find my own 30th anniversary gift. Istanbul does have a nice Grand Bazaar...

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
You are SO naughty.

It's all krash's fault. She wanted more explicit sex in my new work, I read these books about how to write that stuff, and...I end up with ideas.

Yeah, let's blame her, shall we?

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
Hubs told me at dinner that the 30th anniversary (ours is Monday) is either pearl or diamond.

Then he asked what I was getting him.

I told him a nice earring. We wouldn't tell the kids or the other relatives. We'd just wait until they noticed. "Oh, this old thing? I've had it for at least 20 years!"

Now I wonder if I'm going to find my own 30th anniversary gift. Istanbul does have a nice Grand Bazaar...
Happy early Anniversary. I'm going to forget by Monday. Buy something good. And expensive. When he complains, tell him his memory is failing and that he had demanded you buy this very expensive thing.

My husband is currently thinking of ways to turn me into a Terminator.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Happy early Anniversary. I'm going to forget by Monday. Buy something good. And expensive. When he complains, tell him his memory is failing and that he had demanded you buy this very expensive thing.

1st Paragraph -- excellent idea
2nd Paragraph -- presumably the hot one from the third movie

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com

The burst cyst is the new port trying to open up. Try experimenting with various connectors—USB, firewire, coaxial, HDMI—just to see if any of the standard ones match.

And if they don't work, just tape one on and tell your husband that it matched while you attempt to assimilate him.

:D

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
*snort*

I love you.

I love that you think I'm joking.
icon10.gif

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
The burst cyst is the new port trying to open up. Try experimenting with various connectors—USB, firewire, coaxial, HDMI—just to see if any of the standard ones match.

And if they don't work, just tape one on and tell your husband that it matched while you attempt to assimilate him.

:D

I am *so* doing this.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Sigh, just got a form R on old book and enough info from requesting mentor's tweets that I'm not her top pick or alternate. (Top was lent by another mentor and alt had a lost pet -- pretty clear cut.) I'm glad I'm going on vacation tomorrow.

I did hear from the other requesting mentor overnight asking for the querying record on the MS and whether I would be willing to do extensive revisions, though.

Another mentor I've written off. And the fourth has been very cagey as to whether she's even made requests. (Last year she got the MS of her mentee from another agent so the person wouldn't know they were in the running.)

I'd managed to largely put PW off my anxiety list, figuring I was out of the running, and now I've been sucked back in.

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
Sigh, just got a form R on old book and enough info from requesting mentor's tweets that I'm not her top pick or alternate. (Top was lent by another mentor and alt had a lost pet -- pretty clear cut.) I'm glad I'm going on vacation tomorrow.

I did hear from the other requesting mentor overnight asking for the querying record on the MS and whether I would be willing to do extensive revisions, though.

Another mentor I've written off. And the fourth has been very cagey as to whether she's even made requests. (Last year she got the MS of her mentee from another agent so the person wouldn't know they were in the running.)

I'd managed to largely put PW off my anxiety list, figuring I was out of the running, and now I've been sucked back in.

I'm trying not to look at my mentor choices now. It's working. I'm mostly stalking Dream Agent, which takes up a lot of my time.
icon12.gif

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it's official, all my mentors have decided, none of them ever contacted me, so I'm out of the running.

Fuchsia Groan

Becoming a laptop-human hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
This is not about rejection, but I just made an announcement over in Next Circle, and I wanted to share it with all the amazing people here who helped me through my querying woes.

You guys are hilarious, brilliant (I know 'cause I've read some of your books) and deserve to get lots of great news as soon as possible. Hang in there, keep submitting, and thank you! Wishing you many requests and cupcakes. :)

And remember, the Fates can turn on a dime.

Last edited:

Heathertruett

Wordy Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.madamerubies.com
This is not about rejection, but I just made an announcement over in Next Circle, and I wanted to share it with all the amazing people here who helped me through my querying woes.

You guys are hilarious, brilliant (I know 'cause I've read some of your books) and deserve to get lots of great news as soon as possible. Hang in there, keep submitting, and thank you! Wishing you many requests and cupcakes. :)

CONGRATS! That is awesome news!

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score

Amazing news!!!

krashnburn

I've gone to pink!
Registered
Reaction score
So, because I'm the only one left that thinks I might have been chosen for PW, that means I'm DEFINITELY out of the running...

That's awesome, FG!!!!:banana:

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score

This is fabulous news. Let's party :PartySmil

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't written myself off for PW yet. The mentor who emailed me with questions last night (and I hope I provided satisfactory answers) just decided. No hints provided. Another mentor pick tweeted this morning that she had 30 entries she had yet to open.

I think this process would be easier without all the Twitter interaction.

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't written myself off for PW yet. The mentor who emailed me with questions last night (and I hope I provided satisfactory answers) just decided. No hints provided. Another mentor pick tweeted this morning that she had 30 entries she had yet to open.

I agree. They probably would have already decided if they stayed off twitter.

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com

One banana hardly seems enough!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I got a form R from an agent that I queried four months ago and had long since written off. Actually I got the R from an anonymous assistant. ;) I've dine big rewrites since then, and entirely new query, so I'm not that bothered.

Heathertruett

Wordy Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.madamerubies.com
So, because I'm the only one left that thinks I might have been chosen for PW, that means I'm DEFINITELY out of the running...

I'm not out of the running, I don't think. I've been distracted by Write On Con and not worrying too much about PW. Maintaining that level of hype takes more energy than I currently have. LOL.

I really thought we'd end up knowing early. I guess we still could. Maybe Monday or something.

I'm about to go sit in a waiting room for a few hours. We have a really good psychiatrist for my son, but he cannot stay on schedule for anything. We always wait 1-3 hours to see him for our monthly appointments. I think of them as monthly reading dates. LOL. I have Insurgent for today. Because I am just now getting around to reading these books. I got burned out on dystopia for a while.

Oh, I baked 4 loaves of bread today. And I did more work on the playroom. Today's task was to organize the board games. I taped up the boxes and sorted the pieces. We are missing a ton.

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not out of the running, I don't think. I've been distracted by Write On Con and not worrying too much about PW. Maintaining that level of hype takes more energy than I currently have. LOL.

I really thought we'd end up knowing early. I guess we still could. Maybe Monday or something.

I'm about to go sit in a waiting room for a few hours. We have a really good psychiatrist for my son, but he cannot stay on schedule for anything. We always wait 1-3 hours to see him for our monthly appointments. I think of them as monthly reading dates. LOL. I have Insurgent for today. Because I am just now getting around to reading these books. I got burned out on dystopia for a while.

Oh, I baked 4 loaves of bread today. And I did more work on the playroom. Today's task was to organize the board games. I taped up the boxes and sorted the pieces. We are missing a ton.

I thought we'd find out early, too. but I think some mentors are dragging their feet. Maybe intentionally.

Four loaves of bread...wow. I'm still in my pajamas.

Status
Not open for further replies.