Status
Not open for further replies.

Because.

told before & told again
Registered
Reaction score
Right here.

:D

Edit: It's an okay movie. It made me realize I know way too much about this woman. Way too much. I was literally watching and correcting the tiniest details. I know way too much. hee.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
OMG. They should have it HERE.

I will watch it later.

Also... HAPPY BIRTHDAY NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM. :D

The_Ink_Goddess

we're gonna make it out of the fire
Registered
Reaction score
Guys who've read it: what genre is BEFORE I FALL?

And because I'm stupid: what genre was it marketed as?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know what vegetables would be good for dipping? And what sort of dips would go with them?

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
That would be horrible. You work, solve, and find all these extra scenes from Rowling then you get to some point like The Mirror of Erised, log-off then poof!

Oh, and has anyone seen the Lifetime movie about J.K. yet?

Nope. I'm not really in a big hurry for two reasons 1. It's Lifetime. 2. It's unauthorized. I've heard about it and I've been wondering how much is wild speculation and how much is true.

Guys who've read it: what genre is BEFORE I FALL?

And because I'm stupid: what genre was it marketed as?

Considering I haven't read it, I think it's contemporary or magical realism.

ETA: Anything that comes with one of those veggie trays from the grocery store: carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
2. It's unauthorized. I've heard about it and I've been wondering how much is wild speculation and how much is true.

Really? Now I'm a bit unsure about whether I want to watch it or not.

ETA: And now I am going to bed. 'Night, guys. :)

Last edited:

Because.

told before & told again
Registered
Reaction score
They get down the main things she's talked about in docs and interviews, but it is dramatized. A lot. They skipped a few things and made a few others a bit corny.

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
I have a bunch of to-read books on Goodreads, but I keep looking at the shelf and going "ehh...maybe later". XD

I really want to read Boy Toy though, but I'm scared I will be disappointed by it since I'm dying to read it, haha.

I'm mainly looking for YA Contemporary. Bonus points it's from a male POV. And extra cookies if it's drama that is tastefully done and not completely over the top and unrealistic. XD

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
I will! :tongue if you don't get to it first haha. My mom was like "You're not getting another book until you finish this book!"

Apparently I'm only allowed to own one book at a time lmfao.

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
It goes alright! :3 I'm debating if my story should have a romantic subplot or not. I'm leaning towards yes at the moment. How goes it on your end?

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I always support romantic subplots!

It goes pretty well! I haven't managed to actually write much at this point on vacation, but I have developed character lists, plots and settings for my next two novels.

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Okay it's decided, my WIP will have a romantic subplot! :p God this current WIP is the biggest gender binary breaking thing I have ever written, and my god, I love it. :tongue

And that still sounds very protective, Ari! XD What are your next two novels going to be about?

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for romantic subplot :D

The one right after Weeping is called Lifelike. It's about a male harpy (because I can) who comes across this island in the sky. It's owned by a guy who likes to just...collect...things. Including populations of living things. His current collection is all clockwork people. So the harpy starts falling for one of them. But the collector wants to start a new collection, and the first step in that is eliminating the one he has now. Based kinda-sorta around Nutcracker.

After that is Seahome (probably changing that title) about a male siren (yeah, I'm having fun making traditionally female things be men). There's an island around where he lives in the ocean, and on the island there's a group of...kinda fairies, and one other guy. He starts falling for the other guy, but said guy is basically burned by any contact at all with seawater--and sirens have a lot of that. Plus, the prince of the finfolk wants to marry that guy, which would involve taking him into the ocean and...you know, not end well. Plus a secret I can't go into. Very vaguely based on Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty.

And since Weeping vaguely Swan Lake, after that I'll have all 3 of Tchaikovsky's ballets handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.