Auxesis April 500 words/day-all genres welcome

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
First writing session of April netted 1.100 words.

I'm finding this bit of the novel emotionally draining, and can only do about an hour at a time before being overwhelmed with the need to go do something cheerful.

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Well I'll play along for moral support although I'm not writing per say. Editing was productive for March. (Book in my siggy.) I plan to do that this month too, hoping to be done with the 2nd round by the end of April.

knightrunnermat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.horseracinghottie.com
I am setting my goal pretty low for the month of April since I was so awful with writing for the past two months. I am shooting for 350 words per day, which I am actually on pace for (I know the month is only 3 days old!). Anyway, I am actually charting my words per day on a spreadsheet so I can better hold myself accountable for my quotas.

mtrenteseau

Mild-mannered accountant by day...
Registered
Reaction score
171 words, which puts me at 1,016 for the month. I have three different WIP going at once, which cuts down on writer's block because there's always something I can add to one of them.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Argh, nothing but a few plot notes today. One of my fellow guides was taken into hospital so I was the emergency tour guide today, right when I had scheduled some writing time.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This always feels weird. Everyone's working at adding words and I'm trying to cut them out. :)

I didn't reach my goal of completing the final cut and polish but I did bring the giant down to 103K - from the 108K I began with in March. I'm about one quarter the way through, so it looks pretty certain that I will get this baby down below 100K before I reach the end of the ms. Which I hope to do this month.

April, that is. :D

I think you are all awesome in the amount of writing you do.

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Good for you Doc! I'm editing too Gail so I hear ya. And Z, ya my writing/editing time was cut today too. My daughter wasn't feeling well so I picked her up at noon, so had to pick the baby up from the sitters. So there went my day off.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote some words! I'm determined to finish off this scene by the weekend, no matter how much chocolate I have to eat to help me get there.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
I had a downer day all yesterday.
Thought waiting on my fulls might drive me bats.
But here I sit, new characters all cast.
Four hundred words of story looking back.

(Man, I better get better before the Bard's Day on the 23rd!)

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I forgot to give my count yesterday! I don't remember exactly how much it was, but over 500. :)

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
AWesome wordage, everyone! :D

I actually wrote some words today. Nothing yesterday, what with all the tornadoes that were dropping in on the Dallas/Fort Worth area yesterday. Dodged a bullet, had one come within a couple of miles. Whew! Some terrible damage, but the good news is there were only minor injuries and no deaths!

Closed out another chapter today with a whopping 440 words. I'm pleased with them, and I think the scene works well. Onto the next. This brings the WIP WC up to 47100! Well past the 1/2 way point. :hooray:

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're okay, Ken. I have family in that area, too. Talk about crazy storms! It sounds like no one was killed, which is just a miracle.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Glad to hear you're okay, Ken. I have family in that area, too. Talk about crazy storms! It sounds like no one was killed, which is just a miracle.

Glad you're family is okay too. It was nuts. At last reported count, there were 10 that swept through the area. Read some stats in the local paper and April is the worst month with an average of 47! :eek:

Logan!

Registered
Reaction score
Exactly 1,400 words yesterday, and yet another important scene. This is the fun part, where the climax is right around the corner and my MC is learning some surprising new things which point to new suspects.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
No new words today but read Ben Bova's book on writing Sci Fi - my WIP isn't exactly SF, it's a mystery but with a SF setting, but the book gave me some really good starting points for some character development and plot issues I'd been having, and it's amazing, my new outline is flowing, I can visualise it all finally, and I'm dying to just get writing these scenes. That's the first time I've felt this way with this project. Think it might finally be on its proper track!

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
No words on the WIP yesterday. :( Did get a whopping 475 this afternoon, so far. The goal is to complete another 10 chapters this month, which equates to approximately 20K words. I know I'm probably going to regret it, but I have to try. The WIP, without todays word count, stands at 47,244.:D

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
410 words typed up into the WIP's electronic file (versus the multiplying notebooks). I had to merge a previously written scene with later-ly written material, and it proved rather challenging.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Only 20k words left in draft 2! I'm progressing, slowly but surely, but am still aiming to finish draft 2 by the end of the month. We'll see!

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Been really lax, but finally managed to get some words down on paper today - 1917 and counting.:D

WordCount

You don't have coffee? Go away.
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote 400 words yesterday and have already managed 2000 today.

My goal for April is to finish off with 30,000 words written, and over fifteen stories.