Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Quick question... So your surrounded by a pack of wild hungry wolf like beasts, there closing in on you and your friend in a circle formation. Maybe about 25 of them. What is the most believable escape? (keep in mind you only have to make it 25 yards to safety. Your friend has a sword although he not good at using it, you have a bow and arrow although you suck at that too. You also have a bag with spare cloths and food)

1) you pull out a spaire sweat shirt and rush several wolves throwing the sweat shirt on one of there heads and trying to dodge/fight off the others, then run to safety.

2) knowing there just stupid animals you grab an apple and throw it away from you hoping the bright red with distract them long enough for you to run away.

3) you die.

ETA: GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Quick question... So your surrounded by a pack of wild hungry wolf like beasts, there closing in on you and your friend in a circle formation. Maybe about 25 of them. What is the most believable escape? (keep in mind you only have to make it 25 yards to safety. Your friend has a sword although he not good at using it, you have a bow and arrow although you suck at that too. You also have a bag with spare cloths and food)

1) you pull out a spaire sweat shirt and rush several wolves throwing the sweat shirt on one of there heads and trying to dodge/fight off the others, then run to safety.

2) knowing there just stupid animals you grab an apple and throw it away from you hoping the bright red with distract them long enough for you to run away.

3) you die.

Okay. I don't see the apple working. It doesn't look or act enough like prey to distract a predator. Death doesn't sound like much fun either. :tongue I'd go with option one. A lot of predators can be scared away with a show of aggression - I think the advice they give in bear country is to make lots of noise, yell, throw rocks, etc. The sweatshirt grab is a good move if you end up in a fight, since the jaws are the big threat, but actual fighting would be a last resort. Rush them and try to scatter them long enough to get to safety.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Hey thanks for all of the welcomes :) My name is Chris, I'm 24 and I'm working on a YA dystopian right now (because I've heard the market definitely isn't saturated...)

Hi Chris! Welcome to the team. I'll be 23 next week, so I'm glad I'm not the only person pushing the boundaries of the Teens Writing for Teens title. :tongue

YA dystopians are awesome. Tell me more!

Pah, we have plenty of old people in this thread (-coughPARAcough-).

PARA THAT WASN'T ME THAT WAS ARI THIS TIME I SWEAR!

-creak-

I'll have my revenge some day. :tongue

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! yes that was the option I decided on. That and stunning the beasts by throwing the apples at them then thowing the T-shirt over there faces as the MC's ran for there lives.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
YOU FORGOT THE GREATEST DEFENSE MECHANISM OF ALL! THIS IS A PROVEN SUREFIRE WAY TO GET ANY AND ALL LIVING CREATURES TO RUN AWAY!

-clears throat-

It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on... I CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO FINISH, BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER 'CAUSE THE WOLVES WOULD HAVE RUN AWAY BY NOW ANYWAY.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I'll have my revenge some day. :tongue
<3

YOU FORGOT THE GREATEST DEFENSE MECHANISM OF ALL! THIS IS A PROVEN SUREFIRE WAY TO GET ANY AND ALL LIVING CREATURES TO RUN AWAY!

-clears throat-

It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on... I CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO FINISH, BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER 'CAUSE THE WOLVES WOULD HAVE RUN AWAY BY NOW ANYWAY.
By god, you are a genius.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Hahahahaahahaha! That would be awesome, except my Characters have amnesia and have trouble remembering random stuff like that unless a reference was brought up beforehand.

It doesnt matter, there safe now anyway. just another day of trudging through the forest and they will be in a slightly after area of Nesia.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
If simple and clean wasnt kingdom hearts theme song i'd use it for my book. Now i really want to play KH...

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Not that the song fits the game at all...unlike Sanctuary/Passion, which fit for KHII.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Ture, but every time i hear it i instantly think KH... It doesnt really fit my book either but every time i hear KH i get this awesome nostagic adventous feeling because of my love for KH. Its the feeling associated with the song that makes me want it for a theme song for TAJ.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
WHEN YOU WALK AWAY

YOU DON'T HEAR ME SAY

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASEEEEE

OHHH BABY DON'T GO

ahem. What?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
SIMPLE AND CLEAN IS THE WAY THAT YOUR MAKING ME FEEL TONGNIGHT ITS HARD TO LET IT GO.

HOLD ME, WHATEVER LIES BEYOND THIS MORNING IS A LITTLE LATER ON.

hello margo, how are you doing today?

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Bahahahaha <3

I love the video in the game too. Sora falling through the sky is a great image.

Go ally! That's awesome. I'm behind in a semi-spectacular way right now so this weekend will be the weekend of epic writing catchup.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!

The opening of the game mades me think of my book. Because he says. "I've been thinking lately, is any of this for real, or not?"

Which should be the slogan for my book!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Eta: Found my theme song for this book. I Fight Dragons "Fight for you"

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
I am sooo excited for thanksgiving! I'll have almost a full week off - the longest break I've had since I started working six months ago!

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
This is the second country I've lived in without a ridiculously long break for american thanksgiving. grr.

on the other hand, when I get out of school today I don't go back 'till tuesday! and my parents are away for about a week. and as soon as they get back we're moving!

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I keep hearing sounds on my roof. Creepy.

Oh gosh, I can't wait until I get out for Thanksgiving break. I'm hoping my teacher doesn't give me homework, but she most likely will.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
This is the second country I've lived in without a ridiculously long break for american thanksgiving. grr.

on the other hand, when I get out of school today I don't go back 'till tuesday! and my parents are away for about a week. and as soon as they get back we're moving!

Again?! I thought you just moved?

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Lol, moving houses, not countries. I wish I was moving back to North America. But we've been living in a rental, and now we're moving into a house of our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.