Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Gosh, it feels as if my eyes will melt. Hahah.

I'm expected to write three, short aragraphs in the past, present and future tense in French. I'm going to blow that, because passé composée and l'imparfait verbs annoy me so, so much.

Hence, I'm stressing.

I also have to do an interview with my teacher on Monday, and me and my two other friends are the very last people to go. She says she did that because she "knew we'd understand if we went into lunch because of it" but I'm pretty sure she hates me. She's acted like it all year.

That's why I want to surprise her by hopefully getting her first 100% on the language exam. Probably not likely, but I want to try.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
So, I just went 10 days without internet. Can I have a cookie?

Also, for us, school ends on Wednesday! :hooray:

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Taylor- you have to write the three paragraphs for homework or exams? Because I know imparfait and passé comp. very well, if you need help.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
Hey everyone!

I had an incredibly long day. Graduation was exciting and hectic...and extremely painful. Not because of all the speeches that I had to sit through but because the heels that I was wearing got so uncomfortable after awhile. Word of advice to anyone who is graduating from high school in the near future...DO NOT WEAR HEELS. Just don't.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Morning Everyone!

I think I'm out of my writing funk, didnt sleep last night and almost wrote 4K tonight! I'm already 11.5K into the 9th book!

Anyway how is everyone else doing?

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Morning team. Time to do some work and answer some emails.

You've got me curious.... Where to/what for? :D

I've been (cautiously, possibly) hired by a UK epublisher to do some work for them, so I'm heading oop north to visit their office. I have to say that being charming and professional in person is not my strength, so I'm a tad nervous, but hopefully everything will work out. There is a castle and a cathedral up there so I will have to investigate. :D

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I'll definitely be in heels at my graduation ceremony, because it's not a grad robe thing, it's a symbolic white dress tradition from a hundred years back, and your legs are fully exposed so... definitely heels! I've been dreaming of my graduation shoes since I was 12.

ETA: Also, my graduation will be way shorter than yours.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Morning team. Time to do some work and answer some emails.

I've been (cautiously, possibly) hired by a UK epublisher to do some work for them, so I'm heading oop north to visit their office. I have to say that being charming and professional in person is not my strength, so I'm a tad nervous, but hopefully everything will work out. There is a castle and a cathedral up there so I will have to investigate. :D

Oooo good luck! :) Just remember, you're among people who love books.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Tally - for exams. No dictionary or anything. I'm screwed.

My dog is going to a new owner today, possibly.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
You don't get a dictionary or anything? man, that's tough. I used to have full-day 8 hour french exams, but we were allowed a bescherelle and I think one of those thousand-page larousses... Oh but you mean an English-French dictionary. Yeah never allowed one of those.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
128846684465483940.jpg

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score

That's exciting! Good luck! And to second what HR said, they're people who love books. You love books. You already have something in common, which makes being charming a bit easier. :D

*pouncehug* ... :tongue

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to think of a nature name for Ruby's older brother...

chocowrites

scaredy cat
Registered
Reaction score
hi!

is anyone willing to read a short short by me (1.2k) and tell me whether it's a dud and if the voice is too stiff for YA? Nothing too in-depth.

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, everyone! Just got back from a road trip to New Orleans! Fun city.