Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I read PSS for grad school.

You should have seen the arguments over whether it was fantasy or science fiction. *giggles* The fantasy folks shoved it at the SF folks, who shoved it back.

There were parts I liked, but it was kind of the Frankenstein's Monster of books. Bits and pieces stuck together without exactly having a cohesive whole. I have no desire to read any of his other books.

Future Shock

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I read PSS for grad school.

You should have seen the arguments over whether it was fantasy or science fiction. *giggles* The fantasy folks shoved it at the SF folks, who shoved it back.

There were parts I liked, but it was kind of the Frankenstein's Monster of books. Bits and pieces stuck together without exactly having a cohesive whole. I have no desire to read any of his other books.

I had the same reaction when I tried to read Station. I just couldn't get past the first 100 pages. Couldn't bear to pick up anything else by him since.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Files another author under 'save your time and read something else'.

Good morning Cantinas :Sun:

It's been raining for most of the night. It is still raining now. There is still a drought on. :Shrug:

I don't think the back doorstep will be seeing much of me today. I've already managed a bit of writing and I haven't even finished my first :Coffee: of the day. So far so scribble. :e2writer:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning folks. Tea time starts as soon as I can get my carcass verticle and mibile. So in 20-30 minutes...

In other news I recently finished Firefly. Last night I rewatched Serenity. It was good.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: to Future Shock.

If you need help finding your way around the Cantina, Fen has our map linked in her sig.

Oh, and congrats Zan.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I have applied more paint to the bathroom cupboard, and I have being cleaning up files from the computer. It's amazing how much room there actually is on the disc when you've got rid of stuff.

It rainz.

I was also contemplating what happens to the minature time machine in the HG Wells story, the one the time traveller uses to demonstrate his idea to all his other guests.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: to Future Shock.

If you need help finding your way around the Cantina, Fen has our map linked in her sig.

Weren't we just talking about paying more attention to sigs? ;)

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I was also contemplating what happens to the minature time machine in the HG Wells story, the one the time traveller uses to demonstrate his idea to all his other guests.

Story idea alert! Story idea alert!

Actually, this can be a prompt. :D

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yeah, well I was kind of thinking of writing something, especially as Mr Cobra said that he didn't have coffee this morning, so adding those two things together gets you...

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...zombie radio hosts?

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...zombie radio hosts?

"It's a sunny day here in what's left of Chicago and you're listening to WRAR: All Undead Moaning, All the Time. And now, for your apocalyptic listening pleasure, The Zombies with their B-Side hit, "They're Coming For You, Barbaraaaaaaaaaa!"

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I watched Iron Man last night, this time from DVD rather than TV. Saw bits I hadn't seen before. Huzzah!

I really, really, really need to write. Sooo many ideas floating around the noggen. But I have a bunch of editing to do before I get to work on my stuff. Such is life!

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning friends!

My neck and shoulder were killing me yesterday. Mr. K even had to stay home with me so I could take pain meds and sleep. But those muscles are feeling much better now. I can actually turn my head and stuff.

Morning folks. Tea time starts as soon as I can get my carcass verticle and mibile. So in 20-30 minutes...

In other news I recently finished Firefly. Last night I rewatched Serenity. It was good.

Hmmm watching Firefly sounds like a good plan for today. :)

That is a cool song. :)

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
My neck and shoulder were killing me yesterday. Mr. K even had to stay home with me so I could take pain meds and sleep. But those muscles are feeling much better now. I can actually turn my head and stuff.

Get better soon.

Seems to be a bad time for AWers recently - lots of injuries and accidents of late...

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
"It's a sunny day here in what's left of Chicago and you're listening to WRAR: All Undead Moaning, All the Time. And now, for your apocalyptic listening pleasure, The Zombies with their B-Side hit, "They're Coming For You, Barbaraaaaaaaaaa!"

And their top single, "Grr, Arrgh?"

:D

Ah, Cantina... :heart:

*gets all mushy, full of warm fuzzies, and starts sparklifying everything*

Status
Not open for further replies.