Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
I do it for the money.

So not true. It's the pies. Mac must make exquisite pies. Or she gets them at Marie Callender's for nothing and gives them to AC for some Mod work.

ETA: :hi: Hi Verny! good to see you. :Hug2:

Last edited:

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
It is the darkest of rituals, not meant for man to know. (What happens to the live rabbit is just cruel.) Some say the words of the chant were found inscribed in a cave in black ash in a language not made for human tongues. Sometimes at night you can hear the screaming up on the moor as the wind rakes through the forests. You know then that another victim is being ... moderated.

:roll: Can I buy the book? Hell, I'd even watch the movie.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I'm just curious on the whole process. :)

Thanks.

... you've gotta be beneficial to the site. If you look at those who are mods you'll see that all of them are, in some shape or form. When I first joined the site I thought being a mod was the coolest thing imaginable and really wanted to be one. But then I saw what they had to put up with and deal with on a daily basis --

There are benefits to being on the sideline or up in the bleachers. And that goes for a lot of things in life :)

ps And kudos of course to the mods for keeping us animals in line.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...When I first joined the site I thought being a mod was the coolest thing imaginable and really wanted to be one. But then I saw what they had to put up with and deal with on a daily basis --
Like most members, we have our bad days here; but the positives far, far outweigh any negatives that are thrown our way. That's why we keep coming back.

Sometimes I wish folks could see the real grind that takes place behind the scenes. They'd realize then just how hard mods work to keep this site humming along and enjoyable for everyone.

All I can say is that, for most us, it's a labor of love; and the influence we impart is almost always used for the greater good of all members.

Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score
Like most members, we have our bad days here; but the positives far, far outweigh any negatives that are thrown our way. That's why we keep coming back.

Sometimes I wish folks could see the real grind that takes place behind the scenes. They'd realize then just how hard mods work to keep this site humming along and enjoyable for everyone.

All I can say is that, for most us, it's a labor of love; and the influence we impart is almost always used for the greater good of all members.

You should write a book detailing a day in the life of a moderator. :D

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score

... definitely appreciated. Keep up the good work. That goes for YFG and the other mods as well.

Now then. What trouble can I stir up, elsewhere on the site?
Just kidding. Those days are behind me ;-)

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score

Yup, yes and exactly. :)

*goes off to look for something*

ETA: Found it. :D On this page of this thread I share my Modding story. You can back-read on there to see other stories from other Moderators. :)

Last edited:

Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score
So, one other question that I haven't really seen covered (then again, there are days where I am blind as a bat): what is the difference between a Super mod and a regular mod? Does it have to do with tenure, privileges, etc?

Archerbird

Nightowl
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, one other question that I haven't really seen covered (then again, there are days where I am blind as a bat): what is the difference between a Super mod and a regular mod? Does it have to do with tenure, privileges, etc?

Super mods are especially chatty?
Super mods have Superpowers?
Super mods are Super?

Idk.

*subscribes*

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
Many of us do realize that.

Which is why, if ever approached (fat chance) I would run away screaming. I'm not mod material -- I'm lazy, opinionated, and selfish with my time. I'm amazed Mac even lets me stay on the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.