How'd You Find This Site?

Amy K. Jones

Registered
Reaction score
I came upon this site by accidental (no really!) tapping, clicking, and more tapping, reading thread, after thread, after thread, (completely forgetting that I was supposed to be writing) then signed meself right up to chatter! (and thus, be able to count my lolly-gagging as writing!) ...Alas, I've found your wonderful site far later than I would have preferred, and have gone ahead and published my first book!...and sold several copies!...I love this site, though, and have learned a ton already! Thank you so much for providing such a great place!

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't Google, I MSN. And I searched "how to write a script" and found this in the list of sites to explore.

lisamb27

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site through a link from another person's blog; I believe through Deb Ng's Freelance Writing site, which has been so helpful. This is such a great resource for writers just starting out!

Robert L.B.

Tao of Wonka
Registered
Reaction score
I found this place while looking through Ctrl+Alt+Del's Writer's Block forum. And I have proceeded to bookmark this place and visit it every day. The first stages of addiction have begun.

Dan J

CAN YOU DIG IT, SUCKAS
Registered
Reaction score
I was getting signed up by a dodgy internet agency and thought I'd best check it out so typed their name in and a discussion popped up on this site with loads of warnings which saved me alot of money and I've been hear ever since.

Darragha

A friend reminded me...

Used to visit here fairly regularly. Forgot what a valuable resource this place is. I shall not forget that fact again!

Darr

Come Back Kid

Registered
Reaction score
Googled my Way

Kind of funny---To me at least. I "Googled" my name and hometown of Columbia Tn. looking for any of my old write-ups about karate. I was probably the first black belt in karate from Columbia(1970) I was heavy into full contact and won a few titles. I thought I might get "stroked" a bit.
I came upon a post by Lantern Jack. It seems he has had some training too and happens to be from Columbia. He may have studied under my brother, Danny, or one of his students.
Anyway, I've been in Nashville, after a stint in U.S. Army, since '69.
That also is the time I began writing poetry. It's mandatory if you live here.
I did have one cut in 1970 called "Kiss Mommy Twice Tonight." Paid for by the publishers at least. Never released. It wasn't country enough because it said nothing about getting drunk, prison, Mama, or trains.
I borrowed that last line. I think the whole line is, "I got drunk the day I got out of prison and Mama got run over by a dadgum train."
So far I really like this board. If you noticed, I'm an esteemed member.
I'll try not to make too big a fool of myself but laughted fuels my soul.
I do have some poems on which I'd like opinions. BTW The good comments feel better.
Thanks to the originators of the board and whoever is at the controls.
May God Bless,
Jim

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
I was running a search on a publisher and found a link here in google, that was a couple of weeks ago and I have no plans on going anywhere but staying here. The people are great and the atmosphere simply oozes talent you know? :D

LaDonna

I found this site on StarChat

:tongue I get bored and I search for simple things to be creative. While looking for a chatroom I wouldn't get lost in I discovered Absolute Write.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
I got here by poking around the contents of a Google search.

I have a lot of questions, but I'll make sure they haven't been asked already.

Baby steps.

rihannsu

Mrs. Bruce Wayne
Registered
Reaction score
A friend's Live Journal entry about the Atlanta Nights sting brought me here.

I've had more fun rolling around laughing about that book, and I've learned a LOT about publishing (since I'm getting ready to start querying my first novel) from reading the threads here.

I'm really looking forward to contributing here now that I'm a member.

Oh, and the personal stuff. I write Sci-fi fantasy, romance and screenplays. I used to do academic writing and that bored me to tears. I have a day job with nice health insurance and benefits that I’m not running like hell to quit. ;)

Mud Dauber

writing on the wall
Registered
Reaction score
jennifer75 said:
I don't Google, I MSN. And I searched "how to write a script" and found this in the list of sites to explore.

Hey, Jennifer! I don't Google either, I Yahoo!;) But Google is like Kleenex or Xerox, so I tend to use that term to get my point across.

I found this forum from a link in the Writer's Digest Forum.

bolinguist

Yeeaaa. Found a place!

Really a newbie. Think I wandered in here from a google search on literary agents. Anyway, looks like a good place to be. If you take a while to respond, I'll try to find a way to check back from time to time. Yes would like a guide for a bit if possible. I'm looking for an agent to represent me in a novel I've completed. Dwarf House in the Holler.

bolinguist

Looks as though I've blundered into a good site!

Not sure even what thread I'm now responding to, but think it has to do with being a Newbie. If that's the case, I'm certainly in the right spot. Can't spend a great deal of time here, but will post as a "favorite" and get back. Doing my damnedest to create an out of the ballpark Query for my novel Dwarf House in the Holler. Anybody out there want to venture an opinion? Just now I see the Thread. Answer is don't know. Wandering around in the surf and stumbled in here. Looks like a cool place.

Mbrandt17

WD best 101

I too saw it in WD, but actually stumbled upon it today. How is it?

Gonzo

Registered
Reaction score
I saw this site on www.incwriters.co.uk, I've put something about this forum in their forum - good forum guys - really enjoyed looking around - some good people here and good ideas.

wm_bookworm

Registered
Reaction score
One of my best friends, DragonHeart, actually showed me this forum a while back and I spent a lot of time reading everyone's advice here. I am finally getting around to really joining this place to become an active poster within the community, now that I have a renewed desire to get published.

startwearingpurple

wild crazy curves of me.
Registered
Reaction score
godfather showed me it a lil while ago and i just roamed around here before he finally told me to join

MistOfShadows

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Well, I actually found this forum while browsing many different publishing companies.... and let me just say... I was really leaning towards PA... until I read all of the pages on this site about them. ... For me, this being my first attempt at taking that next step in writing, ... this site is a life savor in many ways!

bunnygirl

Token Rabbit
Registered
Reaction score
I've been around other writing sites and writers' blogs for awhile, so I was aware of this place and have done a little lurking. This is my first time to actually sign up and post, though.