F**!**g computers!

Tkibler

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thedeepsheet.com
So I'm working with an old computer, but it's gonna have to do for a little longer.
And so stopping in here reignited blogging/journal interest.
So I went and resurrected a couple old Live Journal accounts, went through all the hoops to reset passwords, and a couple trial posts went okay. But then all of a sudden I'm getting "illegal operation" when I try to post a new entry.
I knew of Blogspot/Blogger which I went back to with relative ease, but I also like options, so I remembered I once had the free geocities thing going, went to start that all over, see they have a blog too. the sample blog post went okay, except it looks like crap but I'll fix it later.
So then I go to the pagebuilder just to make a quick graphic homepage, but then the browser crashed.

Are these laments not unusual with Live Journal and Geocities, or is my machine really overdue for the pearly bytes?

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
This may be better addressed in the tech help thread.

There are many illegal operation errors, and it's hard to know what's going on without knowing the exact text of the error message. There's usually a button to click on to get more information.

You may be able to fix your problems by getting the latest updates for your computer. Open Internet Explorer while online and select Tools then Windows Update and follow the instructions. One of the patches they push may fix your problem.