Racism among White Democrats

InfinityGoddess

Goddess of Infinity
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infinitygoddess.net
I guess any victim of violence would be pleased to know that if they're dead, the perp will serve a longer sentence and learn to control his anger. That must be a great source of comfort to someone under threat of violence.

As someone who has been a crime victim, I prefer the method of preventing the incident from happening at all, not through violence, but by educating boys from the time they are young that women are people too and teaching kids in general how to manage their anger in appropriate outlets. It would greatly cut down the violence against women, if not completely eliminating it.

And, by giving sexual predators longer sentences, they can't get out to re-offend on anyone else.

How kind of you, to approve my right to protect myself from violence, as long as I jump through the appropriate hoops and use only a weapon you approve of to protect myself.

I'm curious, why would you want to have assault weapons available to the public? I'm confused.

I'm also confused as to why you wouldn't want to place reasonable restrictions on gun ownership.

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
Dmytryp,

The statement in the article would be chastising Democrats and some independents of letting racism stand in the way of electing the candidate that best represents their views...but it implies nothing one way or the other about Republicans.

This is an example of what people mean when they say that the Left is less unified than the Right. The Left is more prone to (depending on your view; pick one) self-criticize/self-examine.

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
As someone who has been a crime victim, I prefer the method of preventing the incident from happening at all, not through violence, but by educating boys from the time they are young that women are people too and teaching kids in general how to manage their anger in appropriate outlets. It would greatly cut down the violence against women, if not completely eliminating it.

I don't know - I've been beaten up by women. Gangs and singles.

guess they thought I wasn't "pro-woman" enough for them.

:D

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
I've only fought when it was necessary, and since about the fifth grade, I've only fought men.

I think everyone should learn self-defense that doesn't rely on having weapons handy; in real life, you don't get to pick your opponent, and you have very little or no say over the time and place. Back in High School (where a linebacker pressed me backwards over an outside table and started rubbing his crotch against mine while fumbling at his pants) it became well known that I was into martial arts. After that, I had several young men - and one can only guess at their comfort in their own strength - who said variations of, "I don't care what you know...I carry a gun". To which I always replied, "Ok, let's go. Right now," knowing full well that they weren't carrying right then and there. Not one of them ever took me up on the offer. :D

dmytryp

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.webpage4u.co.il
Dmytryp,

The statement in the article would be chastising Democrats and some independents of letting racism stand in the way of electing the candidate that best represents their views...but it implies nothing one way or the other about Republicans.

This is an example of what people mean when they say that the Left is less unified than the Right. The Left is more prone to (depending on your view; pick one) self-criticize/self-examine.
I think you are missing the irony. If we follow the logic that Obama's loss (if happened) would be due to racism, it would be due to racism from the independents and the fortress of American liberalism (incert sarcasm) -- the Democratic party. This is all the while same liberals (not all, of course) accuse GOP of racism, white men's club etc.

EDIT: I aslo fail to see what this have to do with self-criticism.

InfinityGoddess

Goddess of Infinity
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infinitygoddess.net
besides, they have parts that women don't.

thus, they don't count.

:D

Never said that they didn't, just that they are not as likely to be sexually assaulted, most particularly as adults.

Statistically, it's best to address the whole problem, not 90% of the problem.

Never said that it wasn't. Thing of it is, respect is something we can instill in all kids from the time they are very young.

Last edited: