2nd US Civil War: 2010?

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Cyia, and those Fort Lauderdale biddies (and Cubans) would give 'em hell, too. It's why Cuba has not invaded us yet.
New Jersey actually would also make for interesting war. Mason Dixon 2: This Time It's Personal!!!

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
New Jersey actually would also make for interesting war. Mason Dixon 2: This Time It's Personal!!!
As in both sides fight to make sure the other side takes NJ?

We're comfortable with that.

Jenan Mac

The Deadliest Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
So Maine has as much in common with the EU as South Carolina?

And why are none of these autonomous states?

A large part of Florida will become an autonomous state: The Kingdom of Disney. (Or would that be an autonomouse state?)
The Presidential Palace will be Cinderella's Castle. And when people say the the President is Goofy, they'll really mean it.

Jenan Mac

The Deadliest Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
I have a weird theory that the federal government will become too drowned in it's own bureaucracy to have any effectiveness, and the states will take over. (By weird theory, I mean great idea for a WIP) I for one welcome the benevolent tyranny of Komissar Jodi Rell. Those poor saps in Alaska might not be so lucky.
ETA Or California.

The only thing would be to divide up the military resources amongst the new American States Collective. Can't have North Carolina grabbing it's current share and invading Florida. That's not right.

Heh. Florida has CenCom.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, guys! I just realized something!

This guy is a load of crock, but there IS a respected sociologist who I put great truck by. His name is Max Brooks and he has written two of the most important...no...VITAL books of our time.

The first, the Zombie Survival Guide, is downright vital for anyone who wants to survive the next decade.

The other, World War Z, is a riviting description of a future war with the undead...and amazingly, I think its more likely of coming true than this 2nd Civil War!

No, wait, listen to me before you walk out.

Firstly, there are multiple oblique references to a "recession" and some call it a "depression" or "economic instability"

Sound familar?

Secondly, the Preisdent who is in power at the time of WWZ is obliquely referred to as being a BLACK president with a WHITE vice-president.

Hmm...so, if this trend continues, this means that by the middle of the next year, we're going to be seeing reports of African Rabies, a virulent virus that turns people into deadly monsters. Within a year of that, the virus will have started to spread globally. WIthin 10 years, 1.2 billion people will have died, but the zombies (or whatever you want to call them) will be defeated.

Some advice for the coming war: Live in California or Hawaii.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
i beg to differ with that map. going from the pinata on the tree next door and the eagle and vibora bumper stickers on every third vehicle, i'd have to say that western kansas is going with mexico---s6

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
On the basis of bumper stickers, I think Louisville will go with Tibet.

Jerry B. Flory

under the Milky Way
Registered
Reaction score
I believe we could save an awful lot of trouble if we'd just annex Mexico. Sure a lot of manufacturers would have to find another source of cheap labor, but big deal. All the aliens wouldn't be illegal anymore and the real Americans wouldn't have to underbid them for a frickin' job.
They'd be Americans and suddenly under EPA laws. The real estate market would go absolutely nuts down there.
Annexing Mexico is nothing less than logical.

She_wulf

that's me
Registered
Reaction score
Website
CaliaWilde.com
I believe we could save an awful lot of trouble if we'd just annex Mexico. Sure a lot of manufacturers would have to find another source of cheap labor, but big deal. All the aliens wouldn't be illegal anymore and the real Americans wouldn't have to underbid them for a frickin' job.
They'd be Americans and suddenly under EPA laws. The real estate market would go absolutely nuts down there.
Annexing Mexico is nothing less than logical.
More coast line to muck up with private houses that slide down hill when it rains!!!!

:hooray:

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
The first, the Zombie Survival Guide, is downright vital for anyone who wants to survive the next decade.

Some advice for the coming war: Live in California or Hawaii.
If this guy doesn't realize that California is already full of Zombies, I'm not sure his book is much good. :D

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
"Live in California or Hawaii" - sounds like a plan to me. How would they fare against South Carolina? (I remembered they're the state with Parris Island, home o the Marine Corps. Now my whimsical interstate war is getting sillier.) I'd suggest the People's Republics of Carolina could whip Mexifornia any day of the week.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Well, see, the infection gets its start in the Middle East, but the first American infections are on the East Coast. The Rocky Mountains are were our army finally gets its shit together after the disastrous battle at Yonkers.

But, in a slightly upbeat note, America has the highest number of Last Men On Earth, or LAMOs. Basically, they're people who managed to survive in their homes, apartment buildings, shopping malls, prisons and so on.

We also have the most number of panicked people running to Canada and dying due to lack of preparation and wilderness survival skills.

Heck, it could have been worse.

We could have been JAPAN. Ugh. Japan got the short end of the stick.