Looking for markets for prospective articles

thekingsguard

Soldier, Scholar, Writer, WebVoyeur
Registered
Reaction score
Website
korsgaardscommentary.blogspot.com
I just got back from a trip to Poland, traveling with a group of Holocaust survivors. I wrote a great deal concerning the trip, and have fodder for many articles. Where I'm seeking help is finding a market for any prospective article I write.

From what I figure, my main markets will likely be:
1) Jewish Interest Magazines/Papers
2) Polish, Polish/American papers
3) Travel Magazines
So I'm looking for potential markets in those areas specifically, but am open to any and all sugestions.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

TrixieBelden

Registered
Reaction score
It looks like you already know where to look. Also, depending on the story you could try Americanprofile.com and Parade or some mainstream magazines even.

Melina

Getting better all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.atozwordsmith.com
I just got back from a trip to Poland, traveling with a group of Holocaust survivors. I wrote a great deal concerning the trip, and have fodder for many articles. Where I'm seeking help is finding a market for any prospective article I write.

From what I figure, my main markets will likely be:
1) Jewish Interest Magazines/Papers
2) Polish, Polish/American papers
3) Travel Magazines
So I'm looking for potential markets in those areas specifically, but am open to any and all sugestions.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Get thee to the library, and look at an issue of The Writers' Market. It's chock full of market listings. I'm sure you will find plenty of places to shop your articles.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Get thee to the library, and look at an issue of The Writers' Market. It's chock full of market listings. I'm sure you will find plenty of places to shop your articles.

This. Also, consider broadening your markets. For example, a general interest historical magazine, or a simple article for a children's magazine that runs educational stories.

lewes

Registered
Reaction score
Don't forget markets outside the US. If I were to find the article in the 'Jewish Chronicle' in the UK, for example, i'd read it!

Debbie V

Mentoring Myself and Others
Registered
Reaction score
There is an online listing of Jewish publications. I'm afraid I don't have it bookmarked, but I'm sure it wasn't hard to find.