Reaction score

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My favorite doesn't seem to exist on YouTube. I was in Washington DC last spring, walking through a government building's open courtyard as a shortcut to where I was meeting a relative getting off work at the Library of Congress, and a group of about 25 men in naval dress uniforms was singing it to a small happenstance audience of other people walking to parking or trains after work.

I'm not a big patriot type, but I teared up at how moving a really first-rate performance still is. (Or maybe I just really, really like a man in a uniform?)

Maryn, leaning toward the first

Smileycat

The Punk Cat
Registered
Reaction score
My favorite doesn't seem to exist on YouTube. I was in Washington DC last spring, walking through a government building's open courtyard as a shortcut to where I was meeting a relative getting off work at the Library of Congress, and a group of about 25 men in naval dress uniforms was singing it to a small happenstance audience of other people walking to parking or trains after work.

I'm not a big patriot type, but I teared up at how moving a really first-rate performance still is. (Or maybe I just really, really like a man in a uniform?)

Maryn, leaning toward the first

Well, Maryn. I didn't find the Naval street singers on youtube, but I did find the Glee Club in concert here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6qEBO-wVCc. Very nice. But The Dixie Chicks made me cry.

trailerbride

Northern scum. Southern belle.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
pankhearst.com
Funny. I saw this thread title and I came into boost the Chicks. I made a mix ages ago with their version blending into "Not Ready To Make Nice". Chicks rock!