Elder Squidface and Other Denizens Diner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so relieved that it's not a chronic, painful problem, though. Thanks for all your well-wishes :heart:

Good to hear that, too!

I've told this story before, so it may be a repeat for some of you.

<story snipped!>

It seems I supressed this memory for quite some time until my dad suggested that it was the reason I had an aversion to uncovered windows at night.

Anywho I like my dogs and my big sticks.

:eek: Oh my, I'm really glad nothing bad happened! Sounds like that was a close call.

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
and hordes of rabid mongooses* to the list of home security options as well.

*mongeese? mongoosi? many mongoosers?
I believe the correct word is Mongolians.

ION, I have just killed 8.8-million people in the Greater Los Angeles area for the greater worldbuilding good.

Last edited:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
ION, I have just killed 8.8-million people in the Greater Los Angeles area for the greater worldbuilding good.

I am impressed: in one sentence, you managed to outdo the greatest genocidal maniac of the twentieth century.

Though this WAS Los Angeles. Nobody'll miss 'em.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Though this WAS Los Angeles. Nobody'll miss 'em.

Well, my little cousin is out there trying to "totally-make-it-as-an-actress." (direct quote)

I'll miss her, but hopefully Ace made sure she never felt a thing.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In one of my WIPs, I killed off 6 billion people. And their deaths were horrible and painful :D

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score

All for the sake of drama!

However, when you start killing off named protagonists, then I'll know things are getting serious. ;)

Well, my little cousin is out there trying to "totally-make-it-as-an-actress." (direct quote)

...as opposed to partially-making-it-as-an-actress?

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I believe the correct word is Mongolians.

*nestles in the relative safety of northern Cal.*

Apparently, there is a novel where X-Men meet the Star Trek TNG. I'm thinking the obvious next move is X-Men meets My Little Pony, but the ones made by that sicko that does the undead ponies, the leather-clad ones, etc. Maybe like, the rainbows all go one color and My Little Pony and the X-Men have to find the source - an evil hearted Leprechaun whose pot is full of lead instead of gold.... I can see Hugh Jackman ripping down the rainbow, his claws buried up to the knuckles in blue ectoplasm....

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
Technically, aren't you world-destroying at the moment?
Yes, but also "building" in the sense that this event creates the San Angeles Metroplex (which combines the remaining L.A. area cities with the San Diego area cities).

The L.A. basin is forever flooded and left as is and walled off.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all. Must find more coffee.

Did you see Thor yet?

I saw Priest tonight in 3D. I'd rec it to anyone.

Not yet, but I'll probably just rent it or watch it on HBO. Other than the last month, I generally only see one or two movies a year in the theater. I'm cheap like that. :D

I'm here, for the first time in days. don't I count?

:Hug2:

June, I thought you were on Team Arachnophile with me. Instead you're with the sparkly one. Who isn't here anymore...

Now I has a sad.

Where is Lady Sparkles? :( Still getting settled in?

Yeah, I'm with the freakiness on spiders. They give me the heebie jeebies. Giant mutant spiders, not so much. I was okay with 8-Legged Freaks and Shelob from LotR.

But Arachnaphobia? *shudder*

No axe murderer here.

Sledgehammer.

Better yet, flamethrower.

Ack! :scared:

I hate, hate, hate spiders.

One word: Centipedes.

:eek:

Thank you for adding to the spider creepy crawlies I was already experiencing. *shudders*

For all of those who are wondering:

Anyanka is home and asleep. The x-rays showed that her back was perfect. Her left hip showed some instability but not enough to cause the problems. But one of the foot cushions on her right hind paw doesn't have a sole left, there's only raw, bloody flesh. Vet didn't notice this yesterday because there was a flap of the callused part still covering it, though it was loose. During last night, she's chewed it off.

So now she's on painkillers and we have to wait and see if it hardens.

I'm so relieved that it's not a chronic, painful problem, though. Thanks for all your well-wishes :heart:

Yay! I hope that she recovers soon!

Also the chewing it off comment? Blerg.

I've told this story before, so it may be a repeat for some of you.

When I was little, like 3-6ish in age, my parents had company over one evening. I was in my room playing and being a good girl for once. I hear a sound and look over toward the window. There's a face staring back at me. I scream like there's no tomorrow and everyone comes rushing in. My dad and the male guest go outside to investigate. Underneath my window they find footprints in the mud and the screen from my window resting against the house. They didn't find the guy.

It seems I supressed this memory for quite some time until my dad suggested that it was the reason I had an aversion to uncovered windows at night.

Anywho I like my dogs and my big sticks.

Freaky...

Am I not a little ray of sunshine? :Sun:

:gone:

:ROFL:

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I however, do not possess this power. I just ran into an old enemy of mine, Giant Spider In My Shed. I tried to kill her a few weeks ago, but she escaped. I tried to kill her today, thought I'd succeeded, but when I returned to burn her corpse, it was gone.

You are FREAKING ME OUT

Today I determine what parts of Los Angeles get totally hosed (I'm thinking large portions). Also, what happens from Chico, CA northward.

Okay, but please don't hit Northern California until Tuesday. (My mother is there) KTHXBYE ;)

Anyanka is home and asleep. The x-rays showed that her back was perfect. Her left hip showed some instability but not enough to cause the problems. But one of the foot cushions on her right hind paw doesn't have a sole left, there's only raw, bloody flesh. Vet didn't notice this yesterday because there was a flap of the callused part still covering it, though it was loose. During last night, she's chewed it off.

Yay! That is good news. I'm sure her feets will be back to normal soon.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*sigh* No, NewJob, I do not want you to send me a corrected letter with my promotion pushed back to October. *mutters, mutters*

I'm going to get a job stitching up stuffed animals for a living. I'll use real suture and luv.

Wait, wait...where is the Sparkly One? She's not gone for good, is she?? :eek: Did I miss something during my hiatus??

I can go either way with spiders, but anything with Way Too Many Legs (tm) freaks me to heck and back :(

I dunno where the Sparkler is :\

As for W2MLegs, those fkers can bite. Three times in a row. Same 'ring' toe. The last bite at least had very little venom left, but by the time I realized it I was half way across the room screaming explicatives and going for the illegal-in-the-US pesticide (I was not in the US). I was sitting at my desk and barely moving when I got attacked. Bastard.

Vet didn't notice this yesterday because there was a flap of the callused part still covering it, though it was loose. During last night, she's chewed it off.

So now she's on painkillers and we have to wait and see if it hardens.

Owwwwwwwwwie. I'm glad she'll be bouncing back soon though :)

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to get a job stitching up stuffed animals for a living. I'll use real suture and luv.

I'm sooo going to write this short story. I hope you don't mind if I make you woefully myopic.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
As for W2MLegs, those fkers can bite. Three times in a row. Same 'ring' toe. The last bite at least had very little venom left, but by the time I realized it I was half way across the room screaming explicatives and going for the illegal-in-the-US pesticide (I was not in the US). I was sitting at my desk and barely moving when I got attacked. Bastard.

Gah! :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.