The Bouncy Castle in Space

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh you guys! :Jump::Jump: I went to a cool meet-up type thing for YA authors and readers in Pasadena. And I met Lisa Yee! And I was all woohoo! :Jump::Jump::Jump: And she was really nice. So I got her to sign one of her American Girl Hawaii books for a little friend of mine. And I got four book ARCs. One was MG, Addie on the Inside, the sequel to The Misfits and Totally Joe HURRAY! :Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump:

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
Kitty that's awesome! :)
I met Tomi dePaola and Jane Yolen at the NESCBWI conference and my son got some books signed. It is fun to see that they are real people just like us! :) Oh and Jane said that she'd recently had a few rejections, which is just crazy. I believe her exact words were "I had three rejections last week and for some reason that seems to make everyone else feel great but it doesn't make ME feel great!" :)

Purple Tulip

Wielding power tools like an Amazon
Registered
Reaction score
Count 4 cattle grates when the pavement ends
One of the cows got into the wrong pasture this morning by jumping the fence and her calf woke me up waaaaaaay too early with his incessant bawling because he couldn't get to her. Then my hubby hollered at me that one of the rabbits was out as he was leaving for work so there I was in my nightgown and cowboy boots chasing a stupid rabbit all over the front yard. Kitty, your bouncy meet up cheered me up and made me reminisce about the days when I lived near civilization.

Alanna, I'm still trying to wrap my head around Jane Yolen getting rejections. It messes with my overly romanticized ideas that the best known authors don't have to suffer like everybody else-even once in a while.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Purple Tulip - ha - your post reminded me of a near tragedy we had here several years ago on the July 4th weekend. We had four horses, and one was an escape artist. I swear he could open any gate.

We got up one morning and found the gate open, and all four horses were running down the highway! We're talking major semi traffic highway. The girls were in their bathing suits already, and went running off after them, while I took the time to put on shoes.

fortunately, the horses ran into the neighboring wheat field, so they were safe from traffic. But leading them back home across all the wheat stubble tore my legs up to a bloody mess.

Living in the country is so much fun!

Purple Tulip

Wielding power tools like an Amazon
Registered
Reaction score
Count 4 cattle grates when the pavement ends
Sissybaby - wow! I'm so glad your girls and horses were safe! Scary stuff especially when you combine farm animals and drivers who might not understand farm animals... Yeah, and wheat fields + bare legs = Yeooooow!

And as my day continues...we are missing an adolescent rooster. He is just old enough to be cocky. Seriously. This is going to be a non writing day, but at least I'll have lots of inspiration to draw from later. Ha ha!

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
I thought ALL roosters were cocky!

Oh, and the mail just came and my brand new PB, Through Endangered Eyes by Rachel Dillon, was in the mailbox.

It's soooo purty. (not the mailbox)

Thank you Rachel, and Angelica (love the pigeon!)

timp67

Guinea pig in the laboratory of God
Registered
Reaction score
Roosters and cows...

Is this a bouncy barn? :)

Ferret

Dook!
Registered
Reaction score
The bouncy castle seems like a good place for a celebration so... I just received an offer of representation! I haven't accepted yet because I'm still waiting to hear back from a few other agents, but I feel really good about it. She seems great.

Thank you so much everyone! You've all been so helpful throughout this process. (And yes, I know the process isn't really over yet. I still have a lot of work ahead of me. But stop raining on my parade and let me celebrate!)

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Super fantabulistic news, Ferret. I hope you get ten more offers and suffer through the agonies of choosing the best one for you.

Awww, just kidding about the suffering part.

Congratulations!

timp67

Guinea pig in the laboratory of God
Registered
Reaction score
Ferret, that is a fantastic reason to BOUNCE! :)