Ever have a "crush" on a fictional character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got a crush somethin' terrible on this guy who is a drug lord's enforcer in an urban fantasy series I've been reading. I mean, truly terrible. The guy's just awesome.

AndreaGS

Registered
Reaction score
Website
andreagstewart.com
First fictional character crush would be Drizzt Do'Urden. And every time they came out with a new cover where he was hideous, I'd complain how the artist didn't capture him correctly.

If we're venturing into video games... Alistair from Dragon Age! He's so cute and awkward and hilarious.

Kim Fierce

Attack me with everything you have.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimnflowers.blogspot.com
first fictional character crush . . . . I think was the character Juniper in the book Wise Child. lol I'm telling you it's weird. She was supposed to be taking care of the MC, who is only like 9 or 10, and was considered a witch, and I was an 11 year old church girl with some secrets lol.

I've only allowed myself to crush on one of my own creations, she is 18 though and most of my characters are younger so that's probably why. I gave her the name of my alter ego, which may also contribute.

Marniy

Tastes like happy
Registered
Reaction score
Raistlin Majere. :D

Oh geesh, yes!
My first was Aragorn, though, when my father read me LoTR. I think I was 5 or 6. Set me up for a life time of dark and brooding crushes.

I had quite the thing for Silk from the David Eddings books- Belgariad.

I remember a girl from High School confiding in me that she only dated a particular boy because of his uncanny resemblance to Silk.

Also, the leading men from my own stories. Of course. :)

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
Oops. This reminded that I had a crush on Legolas too when I was about 10. I had a vague one on Pippin as well.

If we are moving beyond the mere human... My very first fictional crush ever was on Robin Hood in the Disney film. I mean, he was a fox, for crying out loud. How effed up is that? :Shrug:

OMG! I forgot the Tramp! HE was my very first fictional crush.

Sonsofthepharaohs

Still writing the ancient Egyptian tetralogy
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't include this one because I haven't actually read the book yet, so I'm totally basing this off the TV series, but... well, you can guess from my avatar. I got the first book of ASOIAF for Crimbo, so I'm gonna have a big smile on my face when I get to the Drogo parts :D

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
No more effed up than the major hots I had for Liono when I was about 10! :ROFL:

At least it wasn't Mumm-Ra, like me. :eek: I don't often confess to that one when I don't have a web handle to hide behind. I don't wanna creep people out too much (not to mention my situation is hard enough to explain to my real-world friends without adding "but I sometimes catch myself distantly appreciating the looks of large, frightening men, especially if they're wearing masks").

Stacia Kane said:
And Batman, of course.

Speaking of large, frightening men wearing masks, I happened to walk in on my dad watching that last Dark Knight flick and Bane... was impressive. To put it coyly.

Sonsofthepharaohs

Registered
Reaction score
Large angry men I kinda understand (I think there's a sub element in most of us)

But MUMRA??? Arachne, I... just... :eek:

Man, you is fuckin tweaked! LOL! :D

lastlittlebird

avem narrans
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lastlittlebird.blogspot.com
I've been trying to think, but I'm not sure who my first crush was... I definitely had a thing for Edding's Silk and I can remember being very taken by Dr McCoy from Star Trek (which counts as the written word, because I was one of those fan girls who collected the books as well as watching all the episodes).

My first ardent crush on a fictional character (that I can remember) was probably Al from Quantum Leap. Oh how I wished he would walk through my wall.

Sonsofthepharaohs

Registered
Reaction score
My first ardent crush on a fictional character (that I can remember) was probably Al from Quantum Leap. Oh how I wished he would walk through my wall.

:ROFL:

This thread is priceless. I can't thank you guys enough for sharing these :D

crunchyblanket

the Juggernaut of Imperfection
Registered
Reaction score
First fictional crush? Assuming Dana Scully and Alex Krycek don't count, it'd have to be Setzer from Final Fantasy 6. He had an airship. His own airship!

P-Jay

My name is PJ.
Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL:

This thread is priceless. I can't thank you guys enough for sharing these :D

I did NOT expect this thread to spread like this when I started it. :roll:
Just happened to have my first novel-character crush on Ms. Everdeen, and found it to be the most bizzare feeling in the world.
Glad to know I'm not crazy. Or at least, not the only crazy one. :D

First fictional crush? Assuming Dana Scully and Alex Krycek don't count, it'd have to be Setzer from Final Fantasy 6. He had an airship. His own airship!

If we're talking video games, then... Tifa Lockhart from Final Fantasy 7 for... well, obvious reasons. :ROFL:

Susan Coffin

Tell it like it Is
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.strokingthepen.com
When I was a kid, I had a crush on the Hardy Boys and read their mysteries all the time.

As of late....Odd Thomas was a close second. James Qwilleran from the Cat Who series comes in first, and I'd never read this series prior to this last year or so. :)

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Fictional crushes are the best kind to have - they're far less likely to break your heart than anyone living in the real world. (Even if they do, redemption's only a fanfic away. ;-) )

I've had a number of them over the years, and will likely have a number more in the years ahead, some more embarrassing than others. Among the short list: James West (from the original Wild Wild West, not that atrocity of a Will Smith movie), Virgil (from Arcanum), and more than one Doctor.

AnnaHex

Registered
Reaction score
All the time.

Like Unimportant, I have a terrible crush on a drug-lord's enforcer, but my most recent love is Alan Ryves from the Demon's Lexicon trilogy. Sigh.

I will always love Mr Rochester, and Captain Wentworth, oh, and Mr Thornton (though I have to confess that last was heavily influenced by the BBC production with Richard Armitage).

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
283503_476304049058482_216268674_n_zps98e85b94.jpg

Pretty much sums up how I feel about Wrath from The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward.

Violeta

All I Ever Wanted Was The World
Registered
Reaction score
My first crush on a fictional character would be Yuu Matsura, from the anime Marmalade Boy. But my
first crush on a novel character... that would be Troy Tatterton, from the Heaven Leigh series, by
V.C.Andrews. I loved her books, and back in my teens I couldn't get enough of Chris Dollanghanger
and Troy Tatterton. But if I had to choose one, Troy would win anytime.

Nowadays I still have a crush on;

Rhett Butler
Dimitri Belikov (Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead)
Damon Salvatore

And a few (more like a lot) others.

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
Fictional crushes are the best kind to have - they're far less likely to break your heart than anyone living in the real world. (Even if they do, redemption's only a fanfic away. ;-) )

QFMFT!

283503_476304049058482_216268674_n_zps98e85b94.jpg

Pretty much sums up how I feel about Wrath from The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward.

That series is so problematic for me on many levels but I still want a Vishous of my very own. *sobs*

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
QFMFT!

That series is so problematic for me on many levels but I still want a Vishous of my very own. *sobs*

I'm reading Vishous's book as we speak for about the gazilionth time. I read the whole series about 2-3 times a year.

They're all lovable in their own way arent they, well, perhaps except Phury, he .... he .... he in-Phury-ates me.

Last edited:

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
If we are moving beyond the mere human... My very first fictional crush ever was on Robin Hood in the Disney film. I mean, he was a fox, for crying out loud. How effed up is that? :Shrug:

Wow, I forgot about animated films.

My favourite movie, still to this day is Disney's Beauty and the Beast.

The Beast - but not when he's in human form.

Simba - I always wanted to be a lion when I was a kid, so my chances of getting with Simba were more in my favour.

Tramp - The bad dog thing just really does it for my :tongue.

Wow, it looks like I may be into beastiality. *Shrugs* They're so worth it!

Spell-it-out

I'm gonna give all my secrets away
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If we're talking video games, then... Tifa Lockhart from Final Fantasy 7 for... well, obvious reasons. :ROFL:

Ahh damn, I had to go an google her, now I'm hooked!

Oh, does your girlfriend know about this Katniss Everdeen obsession? :D

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
My first crush on a fictional character would be Yuu Matsura, from the anime Marmalade Boy. But my
first crush on a novel character... that would be Troy Tatterton, from the Heaven Leigh series, by
V.C.Andrews. I loved her books, and back in my teens I couldn't get enough of Chris Dollanghanger
and Troy Tatterton. But if I had to choose one, Troy would win anytime.

Nowadays I still have a crush on;

Rhett Butler
Dimitri Belikov (Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead)
Damon Salvatore

And a few (more like a lot) others.

Oh, Lord. This. I know that TVD has gone downhill, but I can't help still loving Ian/Damon. He had the BEST lines in season 1.

Hiroko

Which of them was the machine?
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, oh, yes, spanning most of the media over the years. I know I'm among fellow lovers of fictional characters, but
:chair

Status
Not open for further replies.