• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Hachette Book Group / Grand Central Publishing

K. Victoria Chase

Registered
Reaction score
Website
torilounge.blogspot.com
I hope they don't mind multiple subs because I subbed one romance on April 24th and a romantic suspense on May 16th. No word yet. My experience has always been the longer it goes, the worse it blows. LOL

Willowwriter

Registered
Reaction score
LOL--or maybe the longer it takes the more they are considering you:) I generally think if they don't say no multiple subs then it's OK.

K. Victoria Chase

Registered
Reaction score
Website
torilounge.blogspot.com
Any updates? I have an offer to publish on an ms I submitted to FY(I did not get that confirmation email from FY on this submission) as well and I've emailed FY and I hope it doesn't get lost in the submission pile...

Willowwriter

Registered
Reaction score
K Victoria, I think there auto responder only works on the first contact email. That's been my experience so far. Hope you hear back. And congrats on your offer!

K. Victoria Chase

Registered
Reaction score
Website
torilounge.blogspot.com
Yeah, so FY never responded to my email about getting another offer. I bet my submission is languishing in their slush pile somewhere and they haven't gotten to it yet. Guess I'll know in a few months when I get the R! ;-)

Twizzle

Cluck that.
Registered
Reaction score
FYI, I'd recently sent an email (not a sub), got the auto-response, and then got a personal response back in about 12 hrs. Replied, and still got auto and personal response. So, it seems sometimes you do get emails back.

K. Victoria Chase

Registered
Reaction score
Website
torilounge.blogspot.com
FYI, I'd recently sent an email (not a sub), got the auto-response, and then got a personal response back in about 12 hrs. Replied, and still got auto and personal response. So, it seems sometimes you do get emails back.

A sign of life! Sounds like you got a bite Twizzle!!! Hope you get some good news soon! :)

Willowwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Good morning from Virginia! My 8 weeks are officially up! Guess it's time to start the customary 12-16 weeks hold-out. Anybody out there still with me? ;-)

Tori

Hey there--I submitted a 2nd ms to them, and it's been quite a bit past the 8 weeks with no word. So I don't know if they are responding to all now or not....

Willowwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Any updates? I have an offer to publish on an ms I submitted to FY(I did not get that confirmation email from FY on this submission) as well and I've emailed FY and I hope it doesn't get lost in the submission pile...

I just read their twitter feed, and they said they would be responding. So it just looks like they're behind.

K. Victoria Chase

Registered
Reaction score
Website
torilounge.blogspot.com
Got the eject (Original submission on Apr 24th):

"After several reads and much discussion, the overall consensus is that the writing isn’t strong enough for our list."

Then at the end of the email:

"Of course, if you have another completed manuscript you’d like us to consider, please send it along."

After my writing isn't strong enough?? Why go through another rejection?

Willowwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Got the eject (Original submission on Apr 24th):

"After several reads and much discussion, the overall consensus is that the writing isn’t strong enough for our list."

Then at the end of the email:

"Of course, if you have another completed manuscript you’d like us to consider, please send it along."

After my writing isn't strong enough?? Why go through another rejection?

I'm sorry. I'm sure mine will be coming any minute....Onward!