• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[eTailer] Radar Blip Books

awarner20

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Adam W. Warner. I own www.radarblipbooks.com where "sherri234" has her ebook for sale. I just wanted to write and let everyone here know that I am still accepting ebook submissions for the site. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to me here or visit the site. I'll do what I can to help you sell your ebook!

Sincerely,

Adam

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
awarner20 said:
Hello everyone. My name is Adam W. Warner. I own www.radarblipbooks.com where "sherri234" has her ebook for sale. I just wanted to write and let everyone here know that I am still accepting ebook submissions for the site. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to me here or visit the site. I'll do what I can to help you sell your ebook!

Sincerely,

Adam

This seems a little off topic and might be better as a new thread--also the link does not work for me, all I get is a google ad.

awarner20

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I am the owner of www.radarblipbooks.com I just checked the link and it worked from two different computers here. There are google ads on the top of the site, you may need to just scroll down a bit.

Sincerely,

Adam W. Warner
veinglory said:
This seems a little off topic and might be better as a new thread--also the link does not work for me, all I get is a google ad.

awarner20

Registered
Reaction score
Unimportant said:
Does anyone know if this market takes glbt romances, or only heterosexual romances?

Unimportant: If you are asking about RadarBlipBooks, the answer is yes.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, I was asking about Romantic Short Love Stories.

Unimportant

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Adam Warner, I checked your site, and I think it's quite off topic here. You probably want to put a post advertising Radar Blip Books on the "self publishing" board of AW.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
awarner20 said:
Thanks for your input. I am the owner of www.radarblipbooks.com I just checked the link and it worked from two different computers here. There are google ads on the top of the site, you may need to just scroll down a bit.

Sincerely,

Adam W. Warner

I am capable of scrolling. Your site doesn't load for me (XP/IE), also *do* start a new thread.

awarner20

Registered
Reaction score
veinglory said:
I am capable of scrolling. Your site doesn't load for me (XP/IE), also *do* start a new thread.

I will look into that, thank you for the information.

Sincerely,

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
I just split these posts from the Call For Submissions - Romance thread. If any posts ended up in the wrong thread, please let me know.

Unimportant

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Birol said:
I just split these posts from the Call For Submissions - Romance thread. If any posts ended up in the wrong thread, please let me know.

I think this thread should be moved to the
POD Self-Publishing and E-Publishing board, since Radar Blips appears to be not a paying publisher, but rather a website that will, for a fee, distribute self-published e-books that have been produced elsewhere.

awarner20

Registered
Reaction score
Unimportant,

You are correct that RadarBlipBooks is not a publisher of ebooks, but merely a reseller. However, we DO NOT require an upfront fee to sell an author's ebook on our site. We offer our author's a 50/50 spilt of any sales through RadarBlipBooks and the author retains all rights to their work. Research has shown us that most, if any, other outlets do not pay out this amount.

We are offering a sales outlet for those authors who don't have the time to dedicate to the marketing or sales of their titles. We strive to offer a service that we, and the authors who decide to sell their titles through RadarBlipBooks, can be proud of.

We are always open to any thoughts or suggestions presented.

Sincerely,

Unimportant

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
awarner: correction noted. my thanks.

However, would you agree that Radar Blip is better suited to the self-e-publishing thread than the paying markets thread? Paying markets generally means markets that pay authors a sum of money in return for some or all of the publishing rights to the author's fiction or nonfiction piece.

I'd not heard of your service before, and a google search on "Radar Blip" + ebooks didn't come up with anything but your webpage and this webpage. Would you be willing to share with us (potential authors) what services you provide for marketing and sales, i.e. in what venues you advertising the books you carry and how you go about attracting potential buyers to your website?

awarner20

Registered
Reaction score
I would agree that self e-publishing would be a better thread after the explanation of paying markets you've provided, thank you.:)

I will answer the rest of your questions within the next two hours. It is almost 10pm here and I have some scheduled tasks in just a few minutes. I promise to reply with answers to your questions and some further information regarding the history/marketing strategies of RadarBlipBooks.

Also, if you google "radarblipbooks" (all one word), you will find posts to several different forums.

Be back soon,

awarner20

Registered
Reaction score
Unimportant said:
awarner: correction noted. my thanks.

However, would you agree that Radar Blip is better suited to the self-e-publishing thread than the paying markets thread? Paying markets generally means markets that pay authors a sum of money in return for some or all of the publishing rights to the author's fiction or nonfiction piece.

I'd not heard of your service before, and a google search on "Radar Blip" + ebooks didn't come up with anything but your webpage and this webpage. Would you be willing to share with us (potential authors) what services you provide for marketing and sales, i.e. in what venues you advertising the books you carry and how you go about attracting potential buyers to your website?

Ok, I'm back. Here is some further information on me and RadarBlipBooks and what we hope to provide ebook readers and authors.

RadarBlipBooks was started about 4 months ago as an attempt at ecommerce. I am a 34 year old male and I have worked in customer service for many years. I work a full-time day job as a customer service representative in the book industry. In addition to RadarBlipBooks, I own and operate a photo-to-dvd business at http://www.movingmoments.net I also provide simple web design services for small companies and individuals.

Using my knowledge of web-design (limited as it may be), and also because I did not have loads of start-up cash, I decided it was time to enter the ecommerce area with a product that requires no inventory. After researching the many downloadable products available, I decided on ebooks. This decision was a financial one yes, but I also realized that there are many authors (or aspiring authors) who want to make their writing available for sale as a starting point in their careers, and also as another venue in which to sell their works to the public.

As I have stated in the previous posts, there are many P.O.D. publishers that will sell an authors work but, in my opinion, do not offer a fair percentage of sales to the authors themselves. That's where I see a niche for RadarBlipBooks. We aim to be a sales resource for the "little guy/gal". An ebook sales website for authors to showcase their work, while providing the opportunity for sales. You can learn more by visiting http://www.radarblipbooks.com or by going directly to our submission page at http://www.radarblipbooks.com/page/page/2546131.htm

Marketing....yes, marketing a website. This is a huge subject, so I will try and keep this short and sweet. There are thousands of ways to market a website and I am learning all I can. The old saying "it takes money to make money" is oh so true, and as I am the only person providing financial backing to this website and any marketing costs associated, I have been employing some techniques that require little "upfront" cash and some that are free (although time consuming).

Google Ads- This is a "cost-per-click" advertising approach. By following the website statistics, I can keep track of which keywords are working best for the site and also set a spending limit per month on advertising costs.

Froogle- I have incorporated a "Froogle Feed" into the RadarBlipBooks website. This feed automatically lists all the items for sale on the site to the Froogle database. Do a search for RadarBlipBooks on froogle and see what you find;) (that's radarblipbooks with no spaces)

Blogs- I have a RadarBlipBook blog linked to the site for better search engine "crawling". The more links you have to your site, the better results. In each blog, I try to incorporate as many ebook "keywords" as possible.

Affiliate Programs- Visit the site and check out the links to a bigger library of ebooks. RadarBlipBooks receives a percentage of sales from any link followed to ebooks.com and this in turn helps fund the Google Ads costs.

These are just a few of the techniques I am trying to make RadarBlipBooks a successful ebook sales site. If anyone reading this has any questions, requests, or suggestions. please do not hesitate to reply to this post or email me directly at [email protected]

Sincerely,

Mike Coombes

Guru
Registered
Reaction score
Website
writers.ktf-design.com
So, aside from having a website, how do you propose marketing the e-book authors?

Anyone who is involved in web design will know that the Kostnerism "If you build it, they will come" is bunkum. And all the SEO in the world won't help if your site is top-heavy with google ads (50/50 chance they'll click on a google ad and leave your page without reading it with the ads at the top) and doesn't generate excitement.

awarner20

Registered
Reaction score
Mike Coombes said:
So, aside from having a website, how do you propose marketing the e-book authors?

Anyone who is involved in web design will know that the Kostnerism "If you build it, they will come" is bunkum. And all the SEO in the world won't help if your site is top-heavy with google ads (50/50 chance they'll click on a google ad and leave your page without reading it with the ads at the top) and doesn't generate excitement.

Mike,

I appreciate your comments, but nowhere have I claimed "If you build it, they will come".

I see your point about the google advertising, and I will take that into consideration. The site is a learning expierence and I am certainly willing "tweek" the look and function for better asthetics and performance.

Marketing for the ebook authors is included in the methods I have listed in the previous post.

Mike Coombes

Guru
Registered
Reaction score
Website
writers.ktf-design.com
awarner20 said:
Mike,

I appreciate your comments, but nowhere have I claimed "If you build it, they will come".

No, you didn't. I was telling you something.

Marketing for the ebook authors is included in the methods I have listed in the previous post.

No it isn't.

There are thousands of ways to market a website and I am learning all I can.

You list a few low key ways of promoting the site, but nowhere to you say how you can offer a better service than anyone else, or how you will market the authors' work, or what you will do - besides posting the e-book on your site - to earn your percentage. It's a perfectly valid question.

awarner20

Registered
Reaction score
Mike Coombes said:
On the web design front, your directory structure is whacked.

Mike,

I will take all your comments into consideration, but why are you so aurgumentative? If I offended you in some way, I apologize, but I would like you to know that I consider your last posts neither constructive nor positive. In fact, it is hurtful and uncalled for.

I will continue to learn and try to make RadarBlipBooks a positve venue for authors and customers of ebooks.

Sincerely,

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
Wishing you well Awarner with your endeavor. Hope it all works out for you. I tried viewing the site and couldn't open it up. I'm using Mozilla Firefox as my browser. I can open your other sites with no problem. Just thought you should know.

awarner20

Registered
Reaction score
Vanessa,

Thank you for your positive words of encouragement. I have checked the link from my signature, and it worked for me on Windows 2000, XP, and Mac OSX...although, this is the second occurence of that link not working for someone here.

I have reset my signature here. Hopefully that will solve this issue.

Thanks again,

p.s. If you happen to try again, please let me know what happens:)

Mike Coombes

Guru
Registered
Reaction score
Website
writers.ktf-design.com
awarner20 said:
Mike,

I will take all your comments into consideration, but why are you so aurgumentative? If I offended you in some way, I apologize, but I would like you to know that I consider your last posts neither constructive nor positive. In fact, it is hurtful and uncalled for.

I will continue to learn and try to make RadarBlipBooks a positve venue for authors and customers of ebooks.

Sincerely,

I'm not meaning to be argumentative, bit I asked a simple question about why anyone should use to to resell their ebook rather than someone else or doing it themselves. It's a valid question that any athor should be asking before committing to any service provider, not just you.

I'm not implying that you are one, but there are a thousand and one people out there looking to make a profit off the back of desperate authors, and offering deals that are not in the authors' best interest at best, and a scam at worst.

You're here offering service, but not giving any real detail about what the benefits of your service are. I'm sorry, but to me that always rings alarm bells. It's something easy for you to rectify, simply by answering the question.

As for my comment on your site, I'm sorry, it was done in a rush. You implied that you're fairly new to web design. It would appear that your directory structure isn't ideally laid out as your home page is http://www.radarblipbooks.com/page/page/2538492.htm
rather than the more conventional http://www.radarblipbooks.com/index.html. you have a directory called 'page', inside which is another directory anso called 'page'. Naming your pages rather than numbering them will also increase your visibility to google and make the site more intuitive to use for browsers.
It doesn't affect the way the pages load, but it is messy and anything that becomes an obstacle to google correctly spidering your site is potentially a problem. If you go to the index.html page that google will look at first, you get this message:

Page Not Found
We're sorry, the page you are looking for does not exists.

Is that more helpful?