Where'd you go? [server blip; fixed]

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but that avatar is horrendous and freaking me out! Please, for the love of my stomach, change it.

Chasing the Horizon

Blowing in the Wind
Registered
Reaction score
LOL, what's really funny is I've had two people here tell me how much they love my new avatar. :D Object lesson on how we can't please everyone with our art?

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
There was a server problem. Fixed now.

Make note of Mac and Lisa's twitter feeds, whenever something happens to the board, info updates can be found there.

-Derek

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Really, I have a thing about eyes and people poking them about. I'm going have to avoid threads with your name in them.

dpaterso

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
I thought it was Malcolm McDowell's eye from A Clockwork Orange, but then I looked again. :)

-Derek

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
LOL, what's really funny is I've had two people here tell me how much they love my new avatar. :D Object lesson on how we can't please everyone with our art?
Three people. I love it!
There was a server problem. Fixed now.
-Derek
And you expect me to believe that?

cray's been angry ever since someone stole his battery avatar and gave him a Hello Easter Bunny replacement. I'm sure he had something to do with it.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
This outage won't affect the Mega Millions drawing, will it? #theimportantthingsinlife

Really, I have a thing about eyes and people poking them about. I'm going have to avoid threads with your name in them.
Look in your User CP, isn't there an option to turn off avatar and/or pic loading? It's meant for peeps with low bandwidth (#dialup #56k) but it should work for this reason too.

dpaterso

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Everyone in the chat room decided it was Derek's fault.
Ironically, I was the most innocent person in chat at that time.

If you don't want to switch off all images, you could always put poor Chasing the Horizon on ignore... kinda drastic, tho'. :( But if it troubles ya, it troubles ya.

-Derek

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Hmmm.... I'm sorry Chasing but you are going to have to go on ignore. I really can't bear that avatar.

Thanks Derek.

Last edited:

Chasing the Horizon

Blowing in the Wind
Registered
Reaction score
cray's been angry ever since someone stole his battery avatar and gave him a Hello Easter Bunny replacement. I'm sure he had something to do with it.
I'm still pretty sure it was my fault. The forums went down 2 minutes after I left my house and came back the moment I got home. When I came back, it was clear that I was so important all of AW stopped posting while I was away. :D

Then I see this thread and have my bubble burst, yet again. :poke:

Look in your User CP, isn't there an option to turn off avatar and/or pic loading? It's meant for peeps with low bandwidth (#dialup #56k) but it should work for this reason too.
If you have Adblock softwear, you can block an avatar you don't like by right-clicking it and selecting the proper options. Though, I used to have big hairy spider avatars and I'm pretty sure every arachnophobe on AW had me on ignore.

dpaterso

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
If you have Adblock softwear, you can block an avatar you don't like by right-clicking it and selecting the proper options. Though, I used to have big hairy spider avatars and I'm pretty sure every arachnophobe on AW had me on ignore.
I never thought'a that! And it works!

-Derek