Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Is it weird that I am terrified of YAWNing? This is what I am afraid of: "I got bored after the first sentence and then skimmed to the bottom."

If it makes you feel any better, YAWNing is supposed to be a means of motivation. Comments are supposed to be positive since people are usually using YAWN as a way to get new words down and therefore it's a rough draft. If you are looking for specific criticism on your snip you can ask for it, but people are supposed to try and find positive things to say, not negative.

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
YAWNing really helped me back when I was new to the group. The feedback no matter if it was good or bad (if I asked for harsh critiques) were amazingly helpful.

Congrats on the full, Tri.

Not much going on here. Trying to get my one blog up and running so I an actually start posting my blog entries.

yellowhammer

Registered
Reaction score
I've got to quit getting distracted, y'all! I wrote a measly little 150 words today. I'm NEVER going to finish at that rate.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I failed to write this hour, thanks to excitement over other things and the realization that I forgot to tease today. So I teased on my blog, but I didn't YAWN

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I am! I have 13 minutes to write before dinner is ready

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Dont worry Allison (Hi by the way my name is Allison too, Ally for short!) I was terrified my first time YAWNing. Beyond terrified. Then i got back a whole bunch of awesome encouraging comments and i felt like the best writer in the world! Occasionally if someone knows you well enough and your writing, they might add a slightly more critical comment to help you improve it more but nothing like "You suck this is horrible." Congrats on almost getting your 50th post!

How is everyone today?

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Good, getting the next query ready while I wait for the last of the solicitations/rejections for this MS to come in :D

How are you?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Back in hell (aka school), allergies attached me, but i'm writing... well sort of. Potential future legal issues with my WIP, have kind of stopped me in my tracks.

And I'm glad you not giving up! Hey maybe one will be a full request that comes into your inbox!

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, PD.

If you're lucky (or maybe unlucky), you can become jaded like me. I hope you don't get that far before you get your agent.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
No problem!

Anyone want to YAWN by the way. I need a good kick in the ass to start actually writing today. I've been on here for the last 4 hour, with my document open and not a word written.

yellowhammer

Registered
Reaction score
PD, Parump, I haven't decided my nickname for you yet...

I just have a feeling you're a little burst of sunshine in real life. You're such a nice poster. :)

And, good morning. I'm limiting myself to only a few minutes on AW today, because yesterday I'm obsessively refreshed (that was weird, right?), and I didn't do my homework or write enough!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi.

I don't know about a little ray of sunshine - but I'll take it :D :Sun:

*Obsessively 'refreshing' here is the norm. I do it constantly, otherwise you miss something, especially on active threads.

It's addictive isn't it ;)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a true refreshing addict! hehehehe. I'm on here every second of the day that i'm free...

Good morning everyone! How is everyone today?

Status
Not open for further replies.