Save a Website to your computer

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
If you know a blog is going to be deleted (not mine) is there a way for me to save a functioning copy of the entire blog (all posts, functioning links) to my computer? Again, this is not my blog. Nor is it the blog of anyone I know personally.

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I have several backups of my own websites saved to my computer.

I make them via my site's dashboard, though, so I'm not sure if anyone without access to my account could do that.

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
If you know a blog is going to be deleted (not mine) is there a way for me to save a functioning copy of the entire blog (all posts, functioning links) to my computer? Again, this is not my blog. Nor is it the blog of anyone I know personally.

Yes, you're after some kind of web-spider. Here are some free solutions: http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-web-site-ripper.htm

Note that free versions often won't quite snarf up everything on the site - Java scripts or flash, say - but it sounds like you're mainly after the text?

EDIT: PS: Completely spidering a site may or may not be appreciated by the site owner, as it causes server load - it's supposed to be impolite to rip sites in their entirety, I think. Probably OK for archiving purposes.