Ray's House of Love (Volume II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm, that's an interesting point Mario.

Even for folks who aren't fans of Tyler Perry, at least he's one of the few black actors out there who's become successful with his movies, plays, TV shows, etc. Black audiences seem to be big fans (along with some of us white folks since I've enjoyed a few of his movies) so that's a good thing. But I suppose Raisin in the Sun is a bit dated for younger audiences of all colors as you mentioned. It makes me also wonder how many younger folks of all colors have seen things like Roots or the like, these days.

I think that's why movies like The Help are so important. They help remind younger audiences not to forget our past in this country. Excellent movie. Haven't read the book though.

And we finally had a female director win an Oscar last year. It's about freaking time.

Ok, that was my "serious" social issues post of the day. Heh.

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Today we have snow on the ground. What a year this promises to be! At least I won't have to cower terrified in my bathroom today.

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent, BeThatAsItMay. Room for a buddy, if I bring the mimosas?

We've got a true winter day, high in the low 20s. Wednesday, they're saying 60. What a weird winter. But today's definitely the day for the hot tub.

Maryn, looking around for a towel boy

BeThatAsItMay

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Excellent, BeThatAsItMay. Room for a buddy, if I bring the mimosas?

just come in. don't ask

We've got a true winter day, high in the low 20s. Wednesday, they're saying 60. What a weird winter.

But today's definitely the day for the hot tub.

Maryn, looking around for a towel boy
Weather is gone crazy all over the world.

You found one yet (referring to your last sentence)

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Alas, the ratio of wet women to willing towel boys in this thread is shockingly low.

I'm heading into the cold for groceries. It amuses me that Popsicles in on my list--twice, because Mr. Maryn wants them really badly.

Maryn, whose husband is addicted, or at least compulsive

BeThatAsItMay

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Alas, the ratio of wet women to willing towel boys in this thread is shockingly low.

A quite disturbing experience I reckon.

I'm heading into the cold for groceries. It amuses me that Popsicles in on my list--twice, because Mr. Maryn wants them really badly.

Which is a quaint form of amusement.

Maryn, whose husband is addicted, or at least compulsive
You too married?

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
There are reports one small Indiana town has been destroyed. Anyone heard from tj?

I've been busy with my new job, but we weathered the storm okay. The tornado came very close to us. Much closer than one normally does, which was pretty scary because I was 25 miles away at work while my daughter was hunkered down at the school.

My husband watched the tornadoes pass by at work and has a picture of one of the funnel clouds just before it made it all the way to the ground.

Friday was an intense day, yet I fear it is just the beginning of a very volatile spring for us.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Me, too!

Maryn, waving

Russ Mars

Interesting little planet you've got here.
Registered
Reaction score
Wet Women and the Towel Boy by Maryn the Moderator. Get your copy today at finer smut stores near you!

That's just not fair, handing me a line like that, practically a married man and all. Were it not for that, though, I'd have said :censored

But, have no fear, Towel Boy is here! Oh, and just look at you all! You're all pruney! Sorry for the delay. I was locked in the steam room with Pandora—and let's just say it was very steamy and let it go at that, okay? :e2kissy:

Oh, let me get you a towel.

Russ, who may later make a confession, the veracity of which can be verified by Mac...I'm so embarrassed! :chair

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL: (Russ, you crack us up.)

But where are the other cabana boys? Some have been MIA for too long.

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Mario. How ya doin'?

I just popped in here to vent...Just WHAT is Mother Nature's problem?! As if the tornadoes weren't enough, now she wants to make a return engagement and dump tons of snow on these people who are now without heat--if they even have homes. The bitch!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She's a piece of work, that Mother Nature.

Yesterday we had snow. Tomorrow it'll hit sixty. We expect snow again by weekend. Guess which day I'll run my errands.

Mr. Maryn and I are finalizing the arrangements for a cottage rental for a week in Maine. We've never been there, other than a one-afternoon jaunt to the L.L. Bean store 30 years ago. It's actually a test for possible places to retire, and whether we really want to live on the water. We're pretty sure we'll leave here if we can find a place we like as well, but less grey. Maine's just as cold, but sunnier.

Maryn, fortunate to have choices

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings. Sorry I haven't been around much. Glad to hear good news about Komnena's roommie and that TJ is ok. TJ that does sound intense. The tornados we had last April and last month were intense too, a little too close to home for me. We were in the path but were missed. I am so thankful. There are some neighborhoods near me that are gone.

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
I understand, Sass. The sirens went off in Louisville. I thought for sure my turn at the massive death and destruction would be next.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're okay, Sassy.

Maryn, with a hug

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They did test tornado sirens today at work. We could barely hear them so I'm not sure how helpful they'd actually be if a really tornado was heading towards us.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"Just keep an eye out for massive black funnel clouds, people!"

Even though I dislike its spying and chirping, if I were in tornado alley I think I'd install weather bug. It would at least alert me to danger when it exists.

Maryn, who disabled and deleted it at home

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
If you see the sky go absolutely black and the birds and insects go silent it's time to hide. The F0 that blew by my house four years ago triggered a dramatic drop in air pressure. You will feel it in your ears.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Let's hope you never experience that again.

Good morning, everybody. We have a warm (well, 60) windy day coming up. I intend to go walking outside, wind or not.

Maryn, who'll braid her hair first

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
Komnena, I've experienced that. Rather eerie.

Good morning, Lovers.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love your hair Maryn, can I braid it?

I cut mine off, did I tell you? It got down to my butt, and I was getting headaches. I don't know if I like it short - i may grown it shoulder lenght and maintain it there.

ah the important things in life - like hair. :)

Sass- who is trying to refinance her mortgage....

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the interest rates are not tied to hair length. Not positive, though!

Preternaturally warm here today (did I use that word right?), 66 degrees out. I happened to drive past the high school on my way back from critique group. The girls had on tank tops and very short shorts, which means they wore that to school this morning when it was in the mid-40s. Silly girls!

Maryn, former silly girl

Status
Not open for further replies.