College Students Writing For Teens

AmandaS

Registered
Reaction score
To all of you who are bored: I have a 15 page paper due tomorrow, so if you're really bored I think I have something to keep you busy. ;)

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Smiley - What's your thesis on? Congrats on nearly being finished! I'm seriously dreading that experience in the fall....

My thesis was on H!s Dark Mater!als and Parad!se Lost - the loss of innocence, sexual awakening & power of womenhood in both of those texts (and comparing PL to HDM). :D

And Amanda, good luck with your 15 page paper. You can do it! *fistbumps*

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
All of you can do it!!
*says the senior just hanging about campus until graduation* :tongue

casualrungal

Registered
Reaction score
Smiley - congratulations on being done! That's pretty awesome. Just out of curiosity, because I've seen this done elsewhere on AW - why do you replace "i"'s with "!" in book titles? Is this a copyright thing I don't know about?

Finals have definitely got me down right now. I'm just reminding myself, over and over, that it's 2 1/2 weeks and I'm FINISHED! (Well, with this semester, at least.)

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Replacing letters with numbers or punctuation makes it so the posts with titles, authors, and/or agents/publishers don't show up in the list of links on searches, if I remember right.

storiesinmyhead

Registered
Reaction score
My last final was just under a week ago, and I am *BEYOND* happy to be done. ...But at the same time I don't know what I'm going to do with my life now. To quote Sherlock (the BBC's version of him, I mean):
Bored. Bored! BORED! BORED!

Hahaha this. I graduate on friday! AAAAHHH Now I just need to get one of those life plans. I am however, enjoying my lazy days of sleeping till noon :D I'm sure I'll hit Sherlock boredom levels very soon though. I will have to decline all paper requests. Good luck though.

Hello I'm 22 and a young adult myself, so young adult writing for teens? I don't know what this transition period is called tbh and I'm doing long distance university, and working. Life is busy to say the least.

the quarterlife crisis :)

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
Yay for graduating on Friday!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:partyguy:

Is it May 19th yet? LOL I graduate then :D

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to changing majors I still have three years before I graduate. ...I'm going to be in school forever, I think. (-_-)

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
Pshaw, don't worry, I am planning on going for my master's in another year. I'm taking a year off to (hopefully) get job experience and then applying to grad school for 2013/2014 :Lecture:

AmandaS

Registered
Reaction score
Aaah! My workload has been put into perspective. Good luck!

Thanks! I'm sure there are many students out there who have it worse, but cranking out those last few pages this morning was pretty killer. I survived!!

Congratulations to everyone graduating this week and next!

rynthewin

Plotting Princess
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to all of you guys wrapping up for finals and/or graduating!

Officially signed up for Camp NanoWriMo, and I'm going to somehow work that in with transferring to my new school and finding a job. Looks like it'll be a busy summer!

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
Brief moment of venting...

It's ridiculous. They make us pay ~$2500 in tuition (...which I know isn't all that bad, but considering it's a small, half-local, public university...it's ridiculous), and then charge program/department fees (ranging from 7.50-$60), and on top of that charge over three hundred dollars in "student fees" that we have no idea what they go to. Oh. Wait. I know. My fees/tuition as a History/English major go to building a new science building and hiring more science/business teachers. Oh, yeah. That makes *SOOOO* much sense!

... /:rant:

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry *hugs*

My tuition is a ridiculous 44,000 dollar$ and to be honest I don't even know where our money goes.

Guys now that I am done with school/just hanging out, I have SO MUCH reading time! I just read a book on Monday (like, the entire thing!) and I'm almost done with my 2nd book (3 days). And then...then...lol ....I'm like the reading Energizer bunny! :e2bouncey:Jump:

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry *hugs*

My tuition is a ridiculous 44,000 dollar$ and to be honest I don't even know where our money goes.

Guys now that I am done with school/just hanging out, I have SO MUCH reading time! I just read a book on Monday (like, the entire thing!) and I'm almost done with my 2nd book (3 days). And then...then...lol ....I'm like the reading Energizer bunny! :e2bouncey:Jump:

First of all, it makes me kind of ridiculously happy that you used :e2bouncey. I hadn't seen that one in a long time! Secondly, including fees we end up paying somewhere between $6-10,000/year (of course, that's also including books and housing for those who don't live at home). In a "city" that probably 1/4-1/2 of the population is made up by college students, and only has jobs for about 1/3 of those.... It's stupid.

Reaction score
Website
www.thefaithpoliticsbaseballblog.com
I'm sorry *hugs*

Thank the government, if they didn't subsidize schools so much and if interest rates weren't so low we might force schools to justify why they cost so much. Which they wouldn't be able to do.

fredXgeorge

I heart sexy elves and wizards.
Registered
Reaction score
Whoa those costs are horrendous. How long are your courses? I'm doing a a 3-yr Bachelor of Arts and when I estimated my debt I'm pretty sure it was around $16k.

Last edited:

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
How much college costs tends to depend on the location of the school, public/private, in or out-of-state costs, number of students, accredited or not, and...I forget what else. Schools back east (...I'm in the South Western US) are a *TON* more expensive than where I go. But since I started four years ago, tuition's gone up $500.

And a note on my having started four years ago and not graduated yet: My freshman year I was an idiot and basically got one semester's worth of credit over the course of the entire year, and then I was out of school for a year and a half. I *FINALLY* have enough credits to be considered a junior, but still have quite a ways to go because of major/emphasis changes.

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the East Coast, which would explain the cost of my university. Though I have friends in small towns but are Big Name Universities, and their costs are a bit higher than mine (>55,000$).

My course is Bachelor of Art's and it takes 4 years to complete, unless you are wicked smaht and can do it in 3 years. I did mine in 4 (almost had to do it in 5 but I was lucky to have good transfer credits from my Study Abroad Uni). :D

Just realized something by Saturday of next week I will be a college graduate:Jaw:

Last edited:

fredXgeorge

I heart sexy elves and wizards.
Registered
Reaction score
My best friend is in her 2nd last semester of a 5 yr double degree and her fees will be between 35-50k (she told me but I have the worst memory lol). One of my friends lives in the US and was arrested for protesting student loans. Some of the people protesting had debts upwards of 80k. Is that normal in America?

Haha I feel ya Bookgirl. I went to uni straight after high school, hated my course so I quit and came back home. Then I spent the next year and a half starting and stopping all these different smaller courses before I finally found the course I'm doing now.

Last edited:

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
fredxgeorge Where're you in Aus.? I studied there last year and absolutely loved it. :Sun:

And sadly yes sometimes debt can be that much. I am very, very lucky in my case.

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations to all graduating :)

Any grad students in this thread?? I'm a 2nd year phD student, so I didn't know if I counted or if this was more for undergrads lol