• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

why all the YA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertbevan

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
i'm just curious. why is this forum so heavy with YA? is that just what everyone happens to be writing? or is it something about YA writers that they crave beta readers more than other writers?

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm. YA is especially HUGE right now. And there are A LOT of YA writers (including myself). I don't think YA writers crave more beta readers than other, or Adult, writers. Some YA writers are looking for certain things for their work (right characters, right voice, right content, right actions, etc...) that beta readers come in handy with.

evila_elf

Registered
Reaction score
I was kinda wondering the same thing. As I am in the planning stages for a YA novel myself, I am wondering if it would be a harder market to break into.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
It's a market that is growing, but is especially difficult to master. YA writers may need more feedback to make sure they have the voice right -- without sounding like a grownup masquerading as a teen.

Cece N

Half-way there, but need more time.
Registered
Reaction score
True, it's a huge market. And like myself, I read YA most of the time, so I'm comfortable writing YA. Yeah, and also feedback to make sure I get the right voice for the character.

Day O'

Registered
Reaction score
Also, other than YA being hot right now, the title is a huge umbrella for every genre within YA from romance to fantasy to dystopia to etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.