Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Guys singing to you in real life is just awkward, sry2say. You're staring at them and being like "uhhh... do I just glare at you the whole time... where do I look... should I appear glazed by your brilliance or be nodding along...?"

Haha I'm also probably the least romantic person in the world though, so.

Yeah...I don't know what I would do if a guy start singing to me. Though I would hope it wasn't in a public place, that would be pretty awkward...especially if he couldn't sing.

But my old boyfriend used to call me up and play songs on his guitar for me. *sighs* I have a soft spot for musicians.

It all just depends on the situation. I've had guys sing to me before (of course, it was all just in fun or because they felt like it, not because they liked me or anything like that), and I've enjoyed it. Yeah, it can be kinda embarrassing sometimes (like when they do singing Valentines), but it's also flattering. ...Of course, all of the guys I'm thinking of have AMAZING voices, so that may make a difference (although a couple of those guys like to sing badly on purpose :tongue).

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
yeah, but Jake and Darrel end up ok through it all.

Matty's father deserves that award though. Poor kid's mom died in a fatal car accident with the whole family. She was the only one that couldn't get out of the car as it sunk into the river. Matty was 10, and after that his father began to drink alot more and was a violent drunk. Although he was rather mean without the drink too... Smacked his 10 year old son in the face at his mothers funeral saying "Real boys don't cry." Then pushed him so hard to be the best pitcher that he could be that if he threw more then one walk in a game, his dad would make him practice the rest of the night until he could go 20 strikes straight! and if he threw a bad pitch not only did he have to start all over again, but his dad would pelt him in the back with a ball.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
It all just depends on the situation. I've had guys sing to me before (of course, it was all just in fun or because they felt like it, not because they liked me or anything like that), and I've enjoyed it. Yeah, it can be kinda embarrassing sometimes (like when they do singing Valentines), but it's also flattering. ...Of course, all of the guys I'm thinking of have AMAZING voices, so that may make a difference (although a couple of those guys like to sing badly on purpose :tongue).

Okay, if a guy who could sing sung me a song I think I would swoon. Like I said, I'm a sucker for musicians. So if one just happened to have a guitar (or a piano) in hand, and could play some sweet, romantic ballad then I would turn into a pile of mush, even if they didn't like me.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

So how is everyone tonight?

YAY! I'm at 11K already! That's 7K alone today

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
Reading Divergent really makes me want to write a dystopian. Hehe. I keep hearing that dystopian is dying out and that everyone's tired of it but...I don't see that many dystops with POCs as main characters. So wouldn't that be a category all on it's own?

Anways, how's it going MA?

ETA: I envy your wordage, Ally.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
It's dying out? Damn didn't get the memo... Hope there is still a market when i write the Civil War II Chronicles. That wont be for a few years though... so oh well.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
Well I don't know for sure but I keep hearing that there's an abundance of them popping up and a couple got sold this year alone...so. I wouldn't worry about it though.

I had an idea for a dystop that I never really started.

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Ally. :)

Ely, I would buy it! The world is diverse, so why can't the YA genre be too? BTW, I am doing okay. About to go to bed after a really long day, but I just wanted to see how everyone was doing. :)

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Haha well it's obviously a matter of perspective, but all the times it's happened to me (in a romantic sense obvs, otherwise it's just fun and I'm usually singing too!) I've found it to be a better idea in fiction than in fact. A good voice does not save the fact that I don't want to maintain eye contact for three minutes straight :tongue

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hahahahah! I write that Matty sings outside for Evy at the end of TAJ, but stops when she walks outside, so i'm glad he did, because they had way too many awkward moments, they wouldn't have needed another!

Hum... maybe i can add that form of awkwardness in RBSL... Andy and Jake are the epitome of awkward, with pretty much everything.

ETA: Do you guys ever laugh at your own work when you re-read it. Usually i dont find myself that funny, but this book so far seems hilarious to me. I'm starting to wonder if its just me though.

Last edited:

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Wow... Haven't posted on this thread in a while...

:hi:

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Back from Busch Gardens and having some birthday celebrations. Too bad my leg is killing me...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Awww sorry Taylor that your leg hurts, hope you feel better soon. Is it your birthday?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Awwww I killed the thread!

Where did everyone go!?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I know what you mean RBSL, is a book i'm just writing for myself, and i'm spilling out the words faster then i ever did for UZ, which i SHOULD be working on.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, then all that pressure of "Is it good enough to get published" goes away because you just don't care. Although i feel that if this does become a good book i might eventually try to do something with it. But right now its just fun to write.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! It was something my mom said to me when she was trying to say every dark cloud has a silver lining, but i was saying i was at rock bottom and somehow the two saying got mixed up and I was like THAT WOULD BE AN AWESOME TITLE!!!!

Makes sense for everything going on with me, and what the book is about.

And I'm at 13K now! I started doing a little happy dance when i realized!