Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
hahahahah! Yeah that was 4 valentines days ago. Now were both poor and cant even afford christmas gifts for each other.

But if you want him, i should probably mention that he is a uber dork like myself... looks exactly like Eric Forman for That 70's show (no not Topher Grace, but like the character Eric Forman) So much so that he at least gets asked 4 times a week at work. Plays video games all day and will most likely not read anything you ever wrote. (he's going through a... I dont want to even read a news-paper phase)

I still want him. :LilLove:

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Zack has been reading my stuff :D He claims I'm going to be a best-selling author hahaha

Sent, Ely!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently writing a summary of the plot of TMB as it is.

I think the plotting is going to take a long time, but I don't mind.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Aw. That sucks about the not-reading phase. I want a boyfriend who will read my stuff, then again...I think I want to date a writer so we can brood together hehe.

Yeah he read up to my 6th book then stopped. Although right now i also think it has to do with the passing of his grandmom and mother all within 6 months of each other. He really hasn't been himself lately.

But Lisa are you sure, he's really immature. This picture deminstrates that pretty well.

387751_2914508259115_1152935861_33288880_520470783_n.jpg

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Zack has been reading my stuff :D He claims I'm going to be a best-selling author hahaha

Sent, Ely!

Will says that to me too! Says my books are so best-seller written. Also said they might not be as big as Harry Potter, but will diffidently beat out Twilight. hehehehehe.

He did give me a really good sort of compliment the other day. I was talking to him about dialogue tags. Para brought up to me a good point about mine and i was asking him his opinion on how to change them in this one part. He stopped me and was like, "I cant help you with that, because never read your dialogue tags" so naturally i'm like WHAT!!!! Then he responds with "Yeah i don't need to i always know exactly who's talking by what they say and who they respond too and how they sound and stuff." I dont think he even realized he gave me an awesome compliment! I was on the phone with him doing a happy dance.

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Awww that's so sweet of Will hehe. Again, sorry to hear about his family...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah its been a really hard time for both of us. Not to mention my grandmom kicked him out of our house where he was living for the past 6 months since he's mom died and family fell apart. Now he's over at his sisters boyfriends with them. And because of it i havent been able to see him much other then a few hours here and there. Last night he slept over my apartment and I got to sleep with him for the first time in months. (and by sleep i mean the act of sleeping, not sex... even after almost 5 years we dont do that)

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
OMG OMG OMG. I just sent my novella to a friends editor. £25. It better be worth it. I swear. I'm shitting bricks here. (please excuse the phrase)
I obviously care a lot about this story, even though I've spent ages being so blaze about it. Crap. Crap crap crap. Someone help me, I can't breathe....... *gasps* I want to :cry:

To hell with fat content... I'm gonna get the other half of that chocolate bar! *rushes off*

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Calm down Kat!!! :Hug2:

Its going to be ok. I was the same way each and every time i sent my book to a beta, and then when I sent it to Para. Its going to be ok. Your doing you book good by sending it to an editor, so dont freak out. Whatever comments you get back will only be to better the book. Its not a reflection of you.

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
(((Kat))) Definitely calm down. It'll be all right! You're taking a huge step wanting to make it better. Awesome job with that!

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I sympathise. I've belonged to probably a dozen writing groups and gotten hundreds of critiques, and I still get that miserable feeling when I send my work out. Not sure if I'll ever get past it.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I know but... Ally, you're the only one that's read the whole thing! I did change bits after your comments, and then someone else read like... 3 chapters. That was nothing. But then, she helped too. I told my mum about sending it to an editor, but skipped the part about paying. Even I was wary, but the girl seems fairly decent. Although the fact that she told me I'm her third edit, didn't really set me at ease. lol

I feel like I should be paying her more because of how bad it might look... hahahaaaaaa ..... maybe not.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
£25 is incredibly cheap for editing a novella, so I guess at least you won't be out a lot of money. :tongue

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Well that just covers 5 hours. So as long as it doesn't take long than that, I'm alright. i don't have a job, so it's on credit card. Hence why I didn't tell the mother. I'll let her complain later. lol

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Ok after looking up on a converter what that is in america, YOU ONLY SPENT $40 DOLLARS!!! WOW. Consider yourself lucky!

I'm lucky as hell Para said she would do it for free! I looked up hundreds of editing services, and the cheepist one i could find would cost me $1700 or in England 1081 pounds(?)

But really dont worry! Its a hard thing for everyone to send out there work to others. No matter how much you do it, it always stings thinking what other people might think of it. The only time i ever didnt worry was my first time giving a few chapters to my friend, because at 15 i thought i was the best writer in the world. That ego balloon was popped instantly! Noone is a perfect writer, but after edits and such, your work will become pretty damn close to perfect!

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm more worried that it'll be classed as amateur and not worth fixing. It's the first thing I've ever finished (asides from a short story for college) .

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
Just found a random scene from an SNI I wrote a while back. I like it but I don't know if I should continue it.

ETA: All - I'm sure it will be worth fixing. Like Ally said, once you get your edits back and go through with all of them, maybe your novella will be close to perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.