Hi Everyone!

adevereux

Registered
Reaction score
Hi folks, just stepping in to introduce myself. I have been on AW before, as Anne Devereux, not sure if anyone will remember me. A lot of things have happened in the meantime, one of which is my big move to Nova Scotia! I now live on the Cabot Trail. I had a few short stories published, which was great, and I'm still working on the novel, but now I'm focused on launching my next project, which is a literary journal. As you can probably guess from my username, this will be called the Cabot Trail Review. It's currently in the development stage, I don't even have a website yet, but I hope to bring something a bit different to the table. Anyway this is my intro post, not a plug for CTR! I hope to chat with fellow authors as well as unpublished writers, and get a feel for what the hot button topics are these days. Thanks for reading, and chat soon!
Cheers
Anne.

Shrykespeare

Patron Saint of Self-Doubt
Registered
Reaction score
Anne, congratulations on your journal! That's fantastic!

Your last name is Devereux? Wow... I just published my first novel this week, and the last name of the main female character is Devereaux. Small world!

I'm not "in tune" enough to know what the "hot button" topics are these days, but I'm sure others will be glad to help you!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back. I'll see if an account merge is possible

Applicious

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back, Anne! Nice to meet you. :)

Let's see, hot button topics...I'm not sure. Do you mean subject matter people use in stories? Personally, I'm into writing deep stuff, about things that matter. They're mostly for me, but it's always nice if these stories can inspire other people as well.

adevereux

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all, just stopping by to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Also Happy Winter Solstice, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and anything else I omitted. And THANK YOU for the great welcome. :)

"Hot button topics": by this I mean "trends", really ... before I begin crafting CTR, I would like to find out if there are any major trends emerging in the writing market. In other words: what do folks want to read these days? What should I be looking at in terms of style and content, for a small literary journal based in Atlantic Canada? That's pretty much all I meant.