Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I have all my pictures files separated to an OCD point. Found look-a-likes on a website I live and die by, for every single one of my main characters from birth till now-ish age (22-24)

There are two main files for Faces of the Freaks: 1st generation, and 2nd generation

1st generation is separated by MC's name, so Ally, Max, Laura, Pip, Tod and Jul- all with anywhere from 12-50 pictures of look-a-likes

2nd generation is separated by Family last name so Wishnowski, Walsh, McClennen and Finnigan, and inside each family folder is the first name of every child with all there look-a-likes inside there individual folder.

And that's ONLY the Faces of the Freak's file, I also have picture files dedicated to villains, house layouts, book covers, and random related pictures for each book and the series in general.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my word, Ally. That is insane.

Depending on how I do, I might go to Starbucks tomorrow to finish my character profiles. People watching is great for characters, lol.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hahahah oh you don't even know the half of it. I didnt tell you about the Freak Files(~25K of character profiles ONLY for 6 characters), The 20 Year Timeline, or The massive 4 generation family tree.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah I'm very insane when it comes to LotF! And all that isn't including the hundreds of little funny documents that are never going to end up in a book, or the massive science research files, and part of AoaF (a book Pip writes on the Anatomy of a Freak)

Its so sad i'm having such a hard time getting back into writing book 9... I have soooooooooooooooo much work put into the series.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Insaneness is good.

I have come across the most stupid spelling of my middle name thanks to Maury.

Micshelle.

No. Just no.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It's annoying.

Lea Michele wins for the fact that her middle name is the same as mine. :D

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
you have no idea how many weird spellings i come across at my job... just to name a few

Allison(my name)- Alycin
Emily- Emmalee, Emaleigh
Jessica- Jessyca, Jesika,
Sandra- Sandyra, Sandrah
Jane- Jayne

And there are many many more but i'll stop there.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
What's your job?

Do glasses and freckles count as distinctive features?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I work in the business office so i get to see the names of everyone that goes to my university.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I have a brown eyed version of Ron Weasley as one of my LIs. LOL.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Lisa- A name is a name is a name. Just because it's spelled differently doesn't mean it's better or worse. Respect all the names!

I like interesting name spellings. They're fascinating- I have a book of them.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Pff, Thalia, that's not the right way to treat new spellings! I've been in college for four years, and basically anyone who spells ANYTHING in a slightly different way is deserving only of SCORN AND SHAMING!

I mean, it's not like Shakespear just made words up off the top of his head, or that language naturally changes over time.

DIFFERENT IS WRONG, DAMN IT!

(If you can't tell, I'm a bit annoyed at my college classmates. Seriously, in every single goddamn class, SOMEONE has bitched about internet aberrations. Because, as we know, BEING DIFFERENT IS WORTHY OF SCORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Tally - There are some names that just annoy me.

ETA: Someone answer my question?

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Lisa, we can't answer all of your questions! You have to figure some things out for yourself. But generally, if you have to ask if something counts, it's a bad sign.

Ugh, tell me about it, Zoom.

ETA: I don't know how a name can annoy you. Something the name reminds you of? Sure. A really overused name in fiction? Yeah. But a name? Names belong to people.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Weird spellings annoy me beyond belief. Why? Because i cant sound out words, and if I have to sit there for 10 minutes trying to figure out the name Alycin... when it turns out to be my own damn name, then yeah i'm pissed. But that's just me.

ETA: Lisa everyone has there own style on how to describe characters. For example alot of other writers HATE how "telling" i am with my character descriptions, or just how much of them i describe them. Other authors barely or dont give any physical description of characters. You have to find what fits for you.

Last edited:

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Well, there are over one hundred and thirteen ways people spell the name 'Unique' :tongue

Just think about that.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Language.

It changes, in the same way we never refer to a Republican who votes for a Democrat as a Mugwump anymore.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
First off it sort of annoys me that is actually a name. Even so the 113 ways still annoys me.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
The twenty-first century.

My favourite names I've ever given characters are the Howl sisters in The Winter Princess, I think. Eira and Siani. I did so much research to choose the right names.

But I love many names I've given. My other favourite is Chess. Actually, just MAAH names, period. Everyone has so many names, it's wonderful.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, Zoom.

I have a random facts section of my character profiles. Sadly, I cannot fill them out yet.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
The twenty-first century.

My favourite names I've ever given characters are the Howl sisters in The Winter Princess, I think. Eira and Siani. I did so much research to choose the right names.

But I love many names I've given. My other favourite is Chess. Actually, just MAAH names, period. Everyone has so many names, it's wonderful.

Chess is the best name in MAAH. That is all.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Chess is the best character, too. In my head, at least. Hope I do her justice on the page...

ETA: In Sherlockettes, I have Veronika. She needs the 'k'. Spelling changes everything- just like Margeary and Marjorie aren't the same.